Slow standups and rear brake ??

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2003, 09:41 AM

SmurfKilla is an unknown quantity at this point
Slow standups and rear brake ??

Okay, I finally learned to clutch my bike up nice and quick in first....had never learned this b4 so it took almost 2 weeks to get comfortable doing this. My question is this....when you guys are in a slow standup (left foot on passenger peg, right foot on brake)
are you constantly on the rear brake while cruising along or are you just hitting it when you are bringing the bike back to scrape ??
Also are you guys using your fast idle to cruise along when you are at the balance point or are u using smooth throttle control ??
I just cant seem to keep it at the BP. I visit the BP and then its gone.
Any help is appreciated .
Cheers
SK
Old 08-05-2003, 01:51 PM
Regular StuntLifer

H00KED is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm workin on the slow $h!t too bro, these are all questions that I keep wondering.
Old 08-05-2003, 01:53 PM

Cmon all of you mad stuntaz out there lets hear it .......
Cheers
SK
Old 08-05-2003, 05:47 PM
Lb3

Lb3 is an unknown quantity at this point
I am no guru, but I have been workin on the same thing. I started out tryin to ride the brake and that worked to an extent but the brakes start fading quick. Then when experimenting, I crashed and screwed my bike up pretty good and I finally decided to take Rodg's advice from this thread

https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/sho...threadid=16112

and I got a fiddy for nothing other than to learn brake control and how to deal with the wobbles and sofar I have come up with this and it seems to work better than the way I used to do it. You just have to practice practice practice to get it down smoothly. Turn your idle up and clutch em up quick from a slow speed and ride at the very back of the balance point which will slow you down even more and tap the brake when needed instead of riding it. With the idle turned up, you can just hold the throttle closed for the most part and just give the brake a tap when it creeps back too far. If you hit the brake too hard, give it a little gas (I usually get wobbles and have to start over when this happens cause I suck). When I first started, I had problems with punching the brake too hard which caused some nasty seesaw action and wobbles. I highly recommend training on the fiddy. You can wreck the **** out of those things a million times and they wont break. You might wanna get some elbow pads or somthin cause mine are just about scraped off.

To any of the people who have slowrolls on lock. If I am doing something stupid described in my post, let me know cause everything I am doing is from gathering bits and pieces from here and experimenting. I dont have anyone here local that knows anything so it makes it hard.
Old 08-05-2003, 07:48 PM
Look out for big trucks!!

Rudy-eastcoastX is an unknown quantity at this point
My foot is on the brake before I even go up. I come almost to a stop plant the brake and dump the clutch, then ride it out at about 10mph feathering the brake.--- Just go for it!
Old 08-05-2003, 10:13 PM

TEDDY.B is an unknown quantity at this point
i'm just learning too but have them ok now. for me past balance point on the brake. but for a while i was trying it with the brake on as soon as i let out the clutch(coming up) and it got me nowhere. my.02
Old 08-06-2003, 07:36 PM

MadBrand is an unknown quantity at this point
never give up you'll have it before ya know it
Old 08-06-2003, 07:43 PM

Tick_9se7en3 is an unknown quantity at this point
I have my foot on the rear break but no real pressure on it when I bring it up. I clutch it up into the balance point, add a little more gas to bring it back and start applying the break. It works for me...now if this damn rain would let up so I can go out and practice I wouldn't have any problems.
Old 08-07-2003, 01:20 AM

Okay well what I have gotten from the comments so far is that it looks like I have to work on clutching it right to the balance point. I am currently clutching fairly high and then using a bit of throttle to get to the BP.
I'll see what I can do.
Thanx
SK
Old 08-07-2003, 01:48 AM

TERMINATOR is an unknown quantity at this point
I'll Terminate you all
Old 08-07-2003, 05:15 AM
It Ain't Easy Bein Cheesy

Dano is an unknown quantity at this point
your a funny guy, take that **** to the nickolodean chat
Old 08-07-2003, 01:33 PM

a56kuser is an unknown quantity at this point
yeah i just started clutching 1st gear to do slow wheelies yesterday.... ive been powering them up but by the time i find balance point im going to fast...... anyways how do you guys clutch the 1st gear..... are you guys standing up on the pegs already? or are you sitting down..... the way ive been practicing is sitting down w/ my leg on the passenger peg and right leg on the rear brake and clutch it up in 1st and as it comes up im standing up w/ the bike..... i havent rode any of them out yet... need more pointers!
Old 08-07-2003, 02:27 PM

Well I have been practicing standing up on the pegs and then clutching it from almost a standstill. For me this seems to work a little better. I just gotta grab enough ballz to clutch it up quicker and rock this ***** phucka backwards....
SK
Old 08-07-2003, 10:29 PM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep
Originally posted by SmurfKilla
Well I have been practicing standing up on the pegs and then clutching it from almost a standstill. For me this seems to work a little better. I just gotta grab enough ballz to clutch it up quicker and rock this ***** phucka backwards....
SK
Is your bike a pos yet?
Old 08-08-2003, 12:44 AM

Originally posted by MikeM
Is your bike a pos yet?
Lol, pretty much. Already tweaked the engine mounts from a 12 gone bad. All the bodywork is phucked and yes there is a good combo of Stainless wire stitching with an accent of cable tie !!
Plus I get that look when someone sees it for the first time when I roll in.
So yeah I am getting there.
Cheers
SK