HELP registering an f4i as a 929!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2010, 11:06 PM

sgftibby is a decent person
HELP registering an f4i as a 929!!

i know it may not be the most legal thing, but lets just say i have a clean 929 title and a f4i with no VINs b/c the frame is powdercoated, think ill run into any problems getting this registerd/insured/inspected as a 929, in NY

thanks
Old 05-31-2010, 11:18 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light
Re: HELP registering an f4i as a 929!!

No vin because the frame is powder coated??? You should have taped over the vin for one, and two, you should still be able to see the vin some what unless the powder coat is REAL thick, or there really is no vin.. Anyways, even if you had a vin, you should just use the real f4i vin instead of another..

If you get your bike impounded, you wont get it back. You can't prove you own it with a matching title to the vin number.

I'd not buy stolen bikes in the future, and if you do, don't post on the internet about it with your location, and plan on a public forum.
Old 05-31-2010, 11:28 PM

well thats some good info...but the bike is not stolen, it has a salvige title, so just looking for ways to get around it..and i didnt powdercoat it, but i dont see a vin anymore so idk how it was done but its deffiently not stolen lol
Old 05-31-2010, 11:30 PM
Is building another f4i

skillz is just really niceskillz is just really niceskillz is just really niceskillz is just really niceskillz is just really nice

altered vins is a felony.
Old 05-31-2010, 11:38 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

If its salvage title, just get the bike in good running order, mirrors, lights, turn signals, all legit, no broken parts, and take it to your local highway patrol and they will make the title "prior salvage" after an inspection

I don't know how your state is.. But my state, they hi-po's said "the bike just has to be SAFE and have no broken parts, if your side fairings are broke, just take them off.. We can't have broken parts"
Old 05-31-2010, 11:40 PM

ya NY is no way near that easy, its about a 6 month process...it costs $300 just for the inspection.
Old 05-31-2010, 11:51 PM

damn that ******* blows!

here you gotta setup and appointment like 2 weeks in advance, and its like a 15 minute inspection, I'm not sure if the cost, but I think it was cheap, well under $100

I wouldn't **** with tryin to register it as something else... I'd buy a new frame, or figure out something...
Old 05-31-2010, 11:56 PM

ya im just going to wait and get a clean f4i title and frame and do the swap, i cant **** with all this illegal ****..
Old 06-01-2010, 12:09 AM
www.315RIDERS.com

FRANK-THE-TANK is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sgftibby
ya NY is no way near that easy, its about a 6 month process...it costs $300 just for the inspection.

wrong. its $205 in NY and it takes 10 weeks at most. usually 6-8 weeks.And they dont even care what it looks like. all they check is for stolen parts. dont even need blinkers and all that crap on it
Old 06-01-2010, 12:09 AM
www.315RIDERS.com

ya im just going to wait and get a clean f4i title and frame and do the swap, i cant **** with all this illegal ****..

also i have 1998 f3 title i will sell for cheap. i think i still have it
Old 06-01-2010, 12:20 AM
Administrators

WHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for rep

So when you go to sell it to someone your going to sell it
for a premium as a good clean titled bike, then when they
get cought with it you will say thats how I got it????
Old 06-01-2010, 09:21 AM
www.STUNTRIDE.com

MiNi GuineA is a decent person

i know it may not be the most legal thing, but lets just say i have a clean 929 title and a f4i with no VINs b/c the frame is powdercoated, think ill run into any problems getting this registerd/insured/inspected as a 929, in NY

thanks
your a trip, you think someone who Inspects bikes for a living wont notice the bikes not a 929
Old 06-01-2010, 10:51 AM

maverickxp is a decent person

i got a title for my rc51 as a honda 1000rr the cop didnt know **** about bikes, i could said it was a katana he wouldnt have known. but check the neck on the frame bro the vin sticker is usually removed to clean up a bike but the vin stamp on the neck should remain unless someone ground it off its located on the right side in the very front running from top to bottom down the steering stem
Old 06-01-2010, 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by FRANK-THE-TANK
wrong. its $205 in NY and it takes 10 weeks at most. usually 6-8 weeks.And they dont even care what it looks like. all they check is for stolen parts. dont even need blinkers and all that crap on it
where did you hear that? everyone i talked to said its nearly impossible..
Old 06-01-2010, 03:44 PM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep

thanks
The dmv doesnt check out your frame when you register a bike. When you take it to a shop for the inspection, you might have to give them your registration so they can document it. Im looking at my NYS f4i registration right now and it doesnt say anything about the displacement or model number of the bike. It only says the make (honda) weight, and number of cylinders. I think you're good to go.
Old 06-01-2010, 03:59 PM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep

its not impossible, its just a pain in the ***. they want to see receipts for a lot of major parts, or printouts from ebay, craigslist, etc. If I were in your shoes Id be stamping, but since thats illegal, neither of us would ever do that.
Old 06-01-2010, 04:24 PM
Mof Diver

mofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant future

thanks
get the 929 VIN stamped on the f4i would be easiest way to do it. Then it all "seems" legit if you get pulled over
Old 06-01-2010, 08:08 PM
www.315RIDERS.com

i have ran 1 bike myself. and my boy has ran 3-4 of them. as long as you have the correct paperwork. which it says on DMV website what you need, then its simple.