need help f4i bog

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2010, 01:47 AM

elliotts_2 is a decent person
need help f4i bog

bought a used f4i ran good, replaced cct with a manual one.. still ran fine replaced stock exhaust with scorpion slip on and shortly after started bogging down in lower rpms in first and second. also bogs at cruising speed on interstate say around 7g rpms.
did some research and found the clean air mod, and tip off mod, did both of these, while i was there replaced spark plugs with new ngk iridioum(sp) plugs and k&n air filter hoping it would fix are help bog, but did not almost seems worse now at low rpm's.. any ideas? any help would b great!!!
btw i am also starting stunting, basics (wheelies, stoppies...) idk if thatll make a diff.

THANKS!!
Old 05-26-2010, 02:46 AM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light
Re: need help f4i bog

Is the map sensor plugged into the wire harness and have the vacuum line running to it?
Old 05-26-2010, 09:01 AM

Yes it's plugged in and it's vacuum hose is hooked up to it
Old 05-27-2010, 10:44 PM

Mr. Hooligan has much to be proud ofMr. Hooligan has much to be proud ofMr. Hooligan has much to be proud ofMr. Hooligan has much to be proud ofMr. Hooligan has much to be proud ofMr. Hooligan has much to be proud ofMr. Hooligan has much to be proud ofMr. Hooligan has much to be proud ofMr. Hooligan has much to be proud of

with a aftermarket pipe and a k/n filter you you need to get a power programmer to fix the fuel curve....

the bike thinks it is still stock, and is not compensating for the increase in air flow
Old 05-28-2010, 01:44 AM

ok, ill try that next.. but wen i'm idling at a stand still it smells very rich! and when i take off it bogs HARD almost to die, like its flooding itself.. does it still sound like its the fuel curve, and the bike not adjusting itself?
Old 05-30-2010, 01:04 AM

Mr. Hooligan has much to be proud ofMr. Hooligan has much to be proud ofMr. Hooligan has much to be proud ofMr. Hooligan has much to be proud ofMr. Hooligan has much to be proud ofMr. Hooligan has much to be proud ofMr. Hooligan has much to be proud ofMr. Hooligan has much to be proud ofMr. Hooligan has much to be proud of

Yes..
Old 05-30-2010, 08:35 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

my f4i runs like a raped ape with a K&N filter and NO muffler.. Sure it loses a low end torque, but I never experience a bog

something has to be wrong.. Maybe its the fuel pressure regulator?

I'm not a expert though so its hard to say.. If you want to make sure its not a overly lean problem, tape off one of hte air box holes, and tape the other like half over

But I think there is something else wrong
Old 05-30-2010, 09:04 PM

I can floor my bike from idle, and not have any bog... So something is definitely wrong
Old 06-03-2010, 02:56 AM

Thanks for the ideas and help guys, FPR was bad dumping fuel into the #2 &#3 cylinders. 75 bucks and gonna be back on the road tomorow