are katana's for stuntin

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2003, 07:28 PM

kat600 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question are katana's for stuntin

Watz up y'all. I'm new to this here game, just got my first bike & it's a '93 Kat 6. It's already got K&N filters, stage 3 jet kit, & a Yoshi exhaust. It's been neglected for years and is hittin the shop next week but right now it's just so heavy & slow. I can't get it up for nothin.Is it worth keepin or should I get somthin else?All I hear is how they're the heaviest bikes in the 6 class & made more for comfort than stuntin.
Old 08-03-2003, 08:00 PM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep
They're bad man, real bad. Its not the weight that makes them bad, theyre long and low, that kills it. I've been riding one for years, nobody knows better than me how much it sucks. Sell it and get an old f2 thats beat up already, or something along that line. On the other hand, if you learn on the kat, any othe bike you get on will seem really easy to stunt.
Old 08-04-2003, 09:22 PM

clumbsybiker is an unknown quantity at this point
mike is right! I had a 92 katana and it was a biznitch ta stunt. Rolling stoppies were pretty easy but hard on the brakes. The thing wheelied easy with a -1/+2 gearing but I never got mine to balance cause its at like 11:30 damn near doing a 12! so you wind up running out of rpms fast just keeping the heavy b@stard in the air. But yeah, if ya can stunt a kat, anything else will be real easy unless your like me lol!
Old 08-05-2003, 02:24 AM

I hear that, about the only I have managed to get is an arlright stoppie. You'll think I'll be able to get the front up after I get it runnin proper? Or do you think I should get somethin else b4 I end up killin myself tryin? Keep in mind that I'm new to this but if you'll anything like me, stuntin's in the blood.
Old 08-05-2003, 04:01 AM

01Katana is an unknown quantity at this point
I say keep it and keep tryin. I have an 01 and have no problems. they are alittle lighter now. well you only have a 600 so hmm not sure. Ihave a 750 and i run up to 6k in first then hit it comes right up and then I change to 2 while up and ride it endos are easy as well but yes they are hard on the brakes/
Old 08-05-2003, 04:05 AM

Hey Kat 600 i saw your location would that be winchester va by chance? If so we are neighbors almost
Old 08-05-2003, 07:00 AM

tach409 is an unknown quantity at this point
i'd keep the kat, just don't put too much money in it...yeah they are pig heavy,but get yer skills on that bike and save yer money...ride a season or 2 on the kat...then get you a better bike.
me personally...I started with a '96 ZX1100 GPZ that has a dry weight of like 530 lbs. now I've got an RC-51 (which is still not the easiest bike to stunt) but I've had the RC less than a month and i am already stuntin better than most of the guys i ride with that have the "easy to stunt" bikes (954rr,gixxer 1000,r1,etc.) even though they have been riding them for a while
I say get the skill then get the bike...

the only thing i miss about the GPZ is not caring if it went down...
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	christ.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	93.7 KB
ID:	28480  
Old 08-05-2003, 12:30 PM

jasambR6 is an unknown quantity at this point
i am new to stunting but I do know that you "should" be able to stunt any bike
Old 08-05-2003, 01:03 PM

DLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to behold
Re: are katana's for stuntin

Originally posted by kat600
are katana's for stuntin
no
Old 08-05-2003, 01:26 PM

01 katana , Yeah ,I'm from VA . We need to hook up definetly.
Old 08-06-2003, 12:06 AM

Kat 600 yeah man we should maybe go ridin there are alot of guys around but they never have the time like me work work work never alot of time to ride I was up there today lookin around ridin not much goin on. I am not sure how much longer I can ride screwed my back up at work tellin me my back wont hold up to the long rides anymore It bothers me now to even wheelie
Old 08-06-2003, 01:46 AM
Regular StuntLifer

smoothkustard is an unknown quantity at this point
i have done rolling stoppies but for not very far on mine. I went one tooth down in the front and it still wont wheelie for crap. I have to clutch it to get it up but my wheelie skills arent very good. i think if i bounce and clutch it will help a bit. i know of someone who looped his cat clutching it up so i suppose it is possible to find the balance point. I plan on keeping mine till i learn some rolling burning outs and maybe some skitching. i say keep it and out stunt your friends that ride r6 and gixxers just to **** them off because they wont like the fact that you kano tuna can ride abetter stoppie then them.
Old 08-06-2003, 02:13 AM

That's real str8 o1 katana cuz I only got my learner's & you know how they do in VA. If I'm ridin I gotta hit the backroads to stay away from 50.YOu said you was in winchester today? ****, next time you out this way I'ma have to give you my # so we can get up,4 shore.
Old 08-06-2003, 02:19 AM
back in the saddle again

binder929rr is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by smoothkustard
i have done rolling stoppies but for not very far on mine. I went one tooth down in the front and it still wont wheelie for crap. I have to clutch it to get it up but my wheelie skills arent very good. i think if i bounce and clutch it will help a bit. i know of someone who looped his cat clutching it up so i suppose it is possible to find the balance point. I plan on keeping mine till i learn some rolling burning outs and maybe some skitching. i say keep it and out stunt your friends that ride r6 and gixxers just to **** them off because they wont like the fact that you kano tuna can ride abetter stoppie then them.
any bike can get to balance point. and clutching is is how you want to do it. just make sure your foot is on that back brake. They are heavy beast, i had a 96 600 kat for my first bike.

bling bling on my katana...and yes i know, i don't have gear on.
Old 08-06-2003, 02:33 AM

BullFlexx is an unknown quantity at this point
Youll be able to stunt it fo sho, if a guy can do a wheelie on a goldwing, a kat should be nothin.
Old 08-06-2003, 12:09 PM

tunaboy is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking HELL YEAH STUNT THAT TUNA

hmmm, i have no problem stunting my 98 tuna, its a 600 2 down 1 up, and just clutching it will bring it right up to 12....and trust me, when that baby swings up, its the show stopper, people cant believe what they just saw, slow (10-15)mph wheelies are easy and on the highway just wind it out....dont get me wrong, it took a long time to perfect throwing that bitch up, but now that i got it, itsss sooo much fun putting the 900 up and swingin that fish... keep it and practice on it....my 2 cents
Old 08-06-2003, 01:24 PM

Well, my bike goes in the shop on the 15th. The carbs are gettin rebuilt and my K&N filters are pretty much shot. I talked to the guy I got the bike off of yesterday and he said when I get the carbs fixed I should have no problem gettin it up.
Old 08-07-2003, 02:14 AM

TERMINATOR is an unknown quantity at this point
That machine will never rise