View Poll Results: what should i do???
get a fuel pressure regulator and try to make it work..
0%
get a stock f3 fuel pump, and go from there....
100.00%
Voters: 2. You may not vote on this poll

96 cbr f3 fuel pump problems... need some help..

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2010, 06:25 PM
BURBANK

xWindScReEnx is an unknown quantity at this point
96 cbr f3 fuel pump problems... need some help..

alright, i just picked up a 96 f3 and the mechanic i bought it from had the motor in a sprintcar racing it, when he put the motor in the bike he had alcohol carbs and head on it with a holly fuel pump, since then he returned the carbs and head 2 stock and is back to pump gas, he told me the bike was running real rich because of the fuel pump is pumping 40% more then needed with stock motor, so he told me that if i got a fuel pressure regulator i could run it with that fuel pump, but heres the thing, the stock f3 fuel pumps are self regulating so im not sure what im suppost to run for psi on the fpr, so what should i do??? buy a new fuel pump for 170 and pay to have it installed, or try my luck with the fpr and hope to get the combo rite and not burn it up....only paid 800 for the bike so im not trying to spend all the cash on something im turning into a streetfighter anyways.. anyone got any advice?? or every have a similar problem???
Old 02-27-2010, 07:22 PM

hondaruss is a decent person
Re: 96 cbr f3 fuel pump problems... need some help..

Originally Posted by xWindScReEnx
alright, i just picked up a 96 f3 and the mechanic i bought it from had the motor in a sprintcar racing it, when he put the motor in the bike he had alcohol carbs and head on it with a holly fuel pump, since then he returned the carbs and head 2 stock and is back to pump gas, he told me the bike was running real rich because of the fuel pump is pumping 40% more then needed with stock motor, so he told me that if i got a fuel pressure regulator i could run it with that fuel pump, but heres the thing, the stock f3 fuel pumps are self regulating so im not sure what im suppost to run for psi on the fpr, so what should i do??? buy a new fuel pump for 170 and pay to have it installed, or try my luck with the fpr and hope to get the combo rite and not burn it up....only paid 800 for the bike so im not trying to spend all the cash on something im turning into a streetfighter anyways.. anyone got any advice?? or every have a similar problem???

I would buy a new pump. once you add a fuel pressure reg your adding more things to go wrong in the future. As for installing the pump its NOT hard by any means,It can be done with just simple hand tools and about 30min of your time.

Keep it simple allways seems to work just my

Last edited by hondaruss; 02-27-2010 at 07:22 PM. Reason: ..
Old 02-27-2010, 10:55 PM
BURBANK

ill give it a try, and also im gonna take the gauges off to make it a street fighter, and someone told me it can cause a problem with how the bike runs when you disconnect the wires... can someone give me some advice on taking that **** off??? sorry about all the squid questions
Old 02-27-2010, 11:00 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

it will only need about 2 or 3 pounds of fuel pressure , just enough to keep the bowls full ....
Old 02-27-2010, 11:02 PM
BURBANK

so should i use a fpr, or you think it will **** it up
Old 02-28-2010, 01:35 PM

hondaruss is a decent person

your better off using the fuel pump. it will lessing the possibility of problems down the road. If the FPR goes bad it could start running really rich or fuel sart over filling the bowls and leaking etc. just one less thing to go wrong buy using the stock pump.
Old 02-28-2010, 01:38 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

170 bucks for a new pump , me personally i would probably get a regulator but im cheap
Old 03-02-2010, 12:15 PM
BURBANK

yewa, just priced a fuel pump at my local shop, With tax 189!!! ouch !!
Old 03-02-2010, 12:21 PM
BURBANK

fpr it is lol fuckit its a beater,
Old 03-02-2010, 12:31 PM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep

yewa, just priced a fuel pump at my local shop, With tax 189!!! ouch !!
i got one off ebay for like $20 a few years ago