04 R6 tip over sensor

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2009, 01:05 PM

HoustonRepsol is a decent person
04 R6 tip over sensor

A buddy of mine is having a problem with his bike cutting out only when in a high wheelie... Where exactly is the tip over sensor?? (first thing we want to check)
Old 11-11-2009, 01:16 PM

sdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of light
Re: 04 R6 tip over sensor

somewhere in the tail but mine never shuts off on me. quickest way to know if it is the tip sensor is, when it shuts off do you have to turn the key off and then back on in order to restart it. if you can just hit the starter again after it shuts off its not the tip sensor.
Old 11-11-2009, 02:00 PM

Dilts646 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sdfkillz
somewhere in the tail but mine never shuts off on me. quickest way to know if it is the tip sensor is, when it shuts off do you have to turn the key off and then back on in order to restart it. if you can just hit the starter again after it shuts off its not the tip sensor.

My bike kept bogging out when up on one. I kept riding it that day anyway and than it cut out and I broke my leg really bad and messed the knee all up. Siliconed the tip over sensor and I have not had a problem yet!

The tip over sensor is on the left side of the bike right in front of the passenger seat.

Just find the spot that it runs the best and fill it with silicone!
Old 11-11-2009, 02:07 PM

sdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Dilts646
My bike kept bogging out when up on one. I kept riding it that day anyway and than it cut out and I broke my leg really bad and messed the knee all up. Siliconed the tip over sensor and I have not had a problem yet!

The tip over sensor is on the left side of the bike right in front of the passenger seat.

Just find the spot that it runs the best and fill it with silicone!
ur tip sensor wouldnt have anything to do with the bike bogging. idk what all went on with your bike but ive owned i think a dozen bikes now and ive never disabled a tip sensor on any except the hondas cuz theyre in the headlights and ive never had one shut off on me even sitting there holding the bike on its tail. as hard as you crash theres a good chance your tip sensor couldve been malfunctioning. under normal circumstances they wont shut off in a wheelie. hell mine takes about 3 seconds to shut off when i drop it, and id much rather have my bike shut off when it falls over.
Old 11-11-2009, 02:37 PM

Ya it probably was because of crashes, either way I siliconed it and have not had a problem since..

It would be nice if my bike would shut off when it's on it's side, BUT I would rather not have to worry about it cutting out when up on one.
Old 11-11-2009, 03:51 PM

HoustonRepsol is a decent person

Thanks Dilts646 we found it... Its not mounted to anything the spot is there and its just rollin around in the space for it.

When D clutches up about 10-11 o'colck it cuts out and comes down but the bike dosn't shut off.

So if we mount it back where its supposed to be with the side that says up facing up should it still be filled with silicone??
Old 11-11-2009, 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by HoustonRepsol
Thanks Dilts646 we found it... Its not mounted to anything the spot is there and its just rollin around in the space for it.

When D clutches up about 10-11 o'colck it cuts out and comes down but the bike dosn't shut off.

So if we mount it back where its supposed to be with the side that says up facing up should it still be filled with silicone??

I would still go ahead and fill it with silicone.
Old 11-11-2009, 07:06 PM

im going to respectfully disagree lol. see i told you there was some other reason it was kicking off, if its in the right place it will NOT kick off when you dont want it to. but it will kick off if the bike happens to fall on you or someone else