....cut upper....

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2009, 10:59 AM

JohnnyP is a decent person
Re: ....cut upper....

Originally Posted by sdsurfn
definately makes sense. with that high of an rpm tool i could see where ur coming from.
Exactly most rotary tools spin too fast and melt while cutting, and are also harder to keep a straight line...Which will lead to a crooked cut or lots of sanding to straighten it out and get rid of the melted parts...

So Ive been using a fine tooth wood saw, lets me cut them dead straight, then I only need to sand them a little with some sand paper on a sanding block...

PS full lenght windscreens just look funny to me now, Im so used to seeing them chopped down. And it kinda hurts when you mouse trap and catch the bitch in your throat.....2 bikes on the end are full lenght
Name:  14444_191398736992_583076992_344340.jpg
Views: 12
Size:  44.8 KB
Old 11-11-2009, 11:01 AM

sdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by !!A2K!!
i know to bad no body makes a dropped down upper triple for the r6
lol it comes stock with one
Old 11-11-2009, 11:04 AM
The Reverend Freestyle

!!A2K!! will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by sdfkillz
lol it comes stock with one
they drop down like an 1/2th of an inch.....the zero degrees mounts are bulky so i need it to drop down like 2 inches!
Old 11-11-2009, 11:09 AM

sdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of light

they drop down like an 1/2th of an inch.....the zero degrees mounts are bulky so i need it to drop down like 2 inches!
hmm gay... the vortex slide down in i think. i just use 636 clip ons.
Old 11-11-2009, 11:13 AM
The Reverend Freestyle

what I want

stock doesnt drop far enough

or i want the 50mm fork extensions
Old 11-11-2009, 11:22 AM
what had happened was....

-kyle- will become famous soon enough-kyle- will become famous soon enough

^^^^that triple is lagit. exactly what i was talking about
Old 11-11-2009, 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by JohnnyP
Exactly most rotary tools spin too fast and melt while cutting, and are also harder to keep a straight line...Which will lead to a crooked cut or lots of sanding to straighten it out and get rid of the melted parts...

So Ive been using a fine tooth wood saw, lets me cut them dead straight, then I only need to sand them a little with some sand paper on a sanding block...

PS full lenght windscreens just look funny to me now, Im so used to seeing them chopped down. And it kinda hurts when you mouse trap and catch the bitch in your throat.....2 bikes on the end are full lenght
thanks much- that just summed everything up for me.
Old 11-11-2009, 11:27 AM
The Reverend Freestyle

^^^^that triple is lagit. exactly what i was talking about
Might go with the fork extenders.....bout the same price..
Old 11-11-2009, 11:38 AM
J Blox

frayz has a spectacular aura aboutfrayz has a spectacular aura aboutfrayz has a spectacular aura about

ur telling me with 3,800 posts u haven't seen a ff bike with a cut upper?
No i have. i just think its ******* stupid. If your going to mutilate your upper, you might as well be streetfightered.

ahh yah, i never would lower my front end, ruins stoppies
+1
Old 11-11-2009, 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by frayz
No i have. i just think its ******* stupid. If your going to mutilate your upper, you might as well be streetfightered.
ur definately entitled to your opion and a lot of people might agree with you but FF imo is a lot more aesteticly pleasing. looks a hell of a lot more professional.
Old 11-11-2009, 12:13 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by frayz

+1
mutilate it by cutting the windshield down a little?

the windshield is only that big for aerodynamics, and well I don't need aerodynamics in a parking lot

But you are entitled to your shitty opinion on things

I personally love the cut down upper, allows me to run zero degree controls turned out and still reach lock to lock, and I love full fairing any day over street fighter. If I wanted a street fighter I'd just ride my dirt bike
Old 11-11-2009, 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by Towlieee

the windshield is only that big for aerodynamics, and well I don't need aerodynamics in a parking lot

on the f4i and r6 if u cut the excess windscreen off it almost looks natural cuz the screen is way too high. but cutting the actual upper ***** up the look of the bike in most cases and makes it look like a fat girl with a small head lol
Old 11-11-2009, 12:17 PM

I personally love the cut down upper, allows me to run zero degree controls turned out and still reach lock to lock, and I love full fairing any day over street fighter. If I wanted a street fighter I'd just ride my dirt bike
yesssur! +10
Old 11-11-2009, 12:18 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

on the f4i and r6 if u cut the excess windscreen off it almost looks natural cuz the screen is way too high. but cutting the actual upper ***** up the look of the bike in most cases and makes it look like a fat girl with a small head lol
**** I still like it even with a hacked upper

I'd rather be able to TURN and ride my bike how I want, then make it look cool for other people.

If I wanted to rock a stock bike I'd limit my tricks and rock a stock bike. I'd rather open doors and ride a bike that's setup how I like it

edit: then again mine has been cut down so long, that's the natural look to me. I love that look. I look at most stock bikes and think they are ugly cause they have plastic soo far above the handlebars
re-edit: also I think street fighter is the ugliest ******* thing you could do to a bike. Well PROPER street fighters are dope, but people who just remove plastics and call it a street fighter I think it FUGLY.
But it does make riding easy, pull throughs and all that, but I'll rock full fairing as often as I can afford to cause I like the look if it anyday over a fighter

Last edited by Towlieee; 11-11-2009 at 12:23 PM.
Old 11-11-2009, 12:20 PM

literally the funniest thing i've read in weeks.
Old 11-11-2009, 12:43 PM

literally the funniest thing i've read in weeks.
moments after i made that post i went around the corner to dunkin donuts and there was a fat girl with a small head waiting on me lol i had to hold back the laughter.
Old 11-11-2009, 12:47 PM

moments after i made that post i went around the corner to dunkin donuts and there was a fat girl with a small head waiting on me lol i had to hold back the laughter.
thats hilarious.... good times.
Old 11-11-2009, 01:49 PM
J Blox

frayz has a spectacular aura aboutfrayz has a spectacular aura aboutfrayz has a spectacular aura about

need to cut my upper to fit my flipped clip-ons but not totally sure what to use. was thinkin a dremmel tool, any advice would be ****. thanks

You are entitled to being an idiot.
Uppers and windscreens are two different things. If you no longer have mirror mounting holes you have mutilated your upper. And might as well not even have an upper on there. But hey its your clapped out dirtbike not mine.
Old 11-11-2009, 02:14 PM

Dilts646 is an unknown quantity at this point

what I want

stock doesnt drop far enough

or i want the 50mm fork extensions
That would be perfect for the r6!!

My clipon clamps are up higher than the top of the forks.. They hit my fairing even with my stay cut all of the way down to my gauge, and mine aren't even turned out all of the way straight..

I am thinking about switching to a 05 front end over winter and running stock 636 clipons!
Old 11-11-2009, 02:18 PM

and ive still got room to push my clip ons out without hitting
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	100_1826.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	83.9 KB
ID:	233734  

Quick Reply: ....cut upper....