Brand new f4i shutting off. HELP!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2009, 06:57 PM
Not guilty

villa76 is a splendid one to beholdvilla76 is a splendid one to beholdvilla76 is a splendid one to beholdvilla76 is a splendid one to beholdvilla76 is a splendid one to beholdvilla76 is a splendid one to beholdvilla76 is a splendid one to beholdvilla76 is a splendid one to behold
Brand new f4i shutting off. HELP!!!!

This thing is mint as hell with 1000 miles on it a 2006. Well after a decent wreck yesterday my bike is now shutting off. I turn my top idle screw up past 2k rpms and the rpms bounce around and my bike stalls. the bottom idle screw has not been touched since I set it at 1.5 rpms. I did notice now my bike does idle at 2rpms with top idle all the way out now as well.
Old 11-02-2009, 07:31 PM

Cheefmaster is a decent person
Re: Brand new f4i shutting off. HELP!!!!

IM a noobie but after i got in wreck at about 35mph my bike was cutting out on me too. it was as simple as tightening the terminals on the battery. I guess in the wreck the batter got thrown around a bit.
Hope that helps.
Old 11-02-2009, 07:45 PM
Not guilty

villa76 is a splendid one to beholdvilla76 is a splendid one to beholdvilla76 is a splendid one to beholdvilla76 is a splendid one to beholdvilla76 is a splendid one to beholdvilla76 is a splendid one to beholdvilla76 is a splendid one to beholdvilla76 is a splendid one to behold

First thing I checked was the battery thanks though. Come on somebody help a brotha out.
Old 11-02-2009, 08:19 PM
NealFoReal

OnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for rep

I know youre not a dumbass but did you check all your wiring - plugs and **** like that? TOS bypassed I'm assuming. I had a similar problem and the wires inside the switch were all fucked up and the bike was shutting off cause of it but yours is a new bike - mine was really beat on when that happened. Eh never mind - you got idle problems too. Iono skip - good luck tho time to bust out the zx14
Old 11-02-2009, 08:36 PM
Not guilty

Originally Posted by OnEWhEeLNEAL
I know youre not a dumbass but did you check all your wiring - plugs and **** like that? TOS bypassed I'm assuming. I had a similar problem and the wires inside the switch were all fucked up and the bike was shutting off cause of it but yours is a new bike - mine was really beat on when that happened. Eh never mind - you got idle problems too. Iono skip - good luck tho time to bust out the zx14
@ ZX14... Yeah my idle gets all screwy and the bike stalls. Nobody has an answer out this way. ****!
Old 11-02-2009, 10:16 PM
NealFoReal

OnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for rep

sucks - especially on a new 2010 edition f4i
Old 11-03-2009, 09:16 AM
Not guilty

any suggestions
Old 11-03-2009, 10:36 AM

DCP-TED is an unknown quantity at this point

If your idle was bouncing up and down that bad I am going to say one of your sensors is burnt out. Check em all. TOS, Map (my guess) and others.

My guess Map dead.
Old 11-03-2009, 11:30 AM

Joker is an unknown quantity at this point

Make sure your throttle bodies are tight to the engine with no air leaks, that will make the idle inconsistent.
Old 11-03-2009, 12:50 PM
Not guilty

throttle bodies are tight spark plugs are good. After a hard drop on the right side I started to have this problem. If I unplug the map sensor and ride will this tell me if its dead? Now the bike misses when i twist, let off and twist again.
Old 11-03-2009, 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by villa76
throttle bodies are tight spark plugs are good. After a hard drop on the right side I started to have this problem. If I unplug the map sensor and ride will this tell me if its dead? Now the bike misses when i twist, let off and twist again.

maybe a coil is bad?
Old 11-03-2009, 01:25 PM
Not guilty

I plug the gauges in and no codes either.
Old 11-03-2009, 01:28 PM

no codes, something is loose then I would say especially after the hit. Ignition coils, Ignition plugs wires. check em completely.

Last edited by DCP-TED; 11-03-2009 at 01:32 PM.
Old 11-03-2009, 01:36 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by Talen
no codes, something is loose then I would say especially after the hit. Ignition coils, Ignition plugs wires. check em completely.
+1 harness plug or some thing and dont forget that little resistor in the ignition switch , very common for them to go bad or just break loose after a crash , if you can plug in some one elses ignition to check it you would at least eliminate it as the problem
Old 11-03-2009, 01:43 PM
Not guilty

Thanks guys Im going back out to the cold *** garage.
Old 11-03-2009, 03:28 PM
Not guilty

unplugged ignition, all throttle body sensors and plugged them back in now the bike turns over fuel pump comes on but bike will not start and yes I have gas in the tank.
Old 11-03-2009, 03:34 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by villa76
unplugged ignition, all throttle body sensors and plugged them back in now the bike turns over fuel pump comes on but bike will not start and yes I have gas in the tank.
what the hell did you do go back and check , you missed some thing ..
Old 11-03-2009, 03:46 PM
Not guilty

Originally Posted by old man roger
what the hell did you do go back and check , you missed some thing ..
checked twice already.
Old 11-03-2009, 03:50 PM
also known as OMR

are you sure you fuel pump is coming on ???
Old 11-03-2009, 03:57 PM
Not guilty

100% sure

Quick Reply: Brand new f4i shutting off. HELP!!!!