fork oil

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2009, 02:19 AM
stunt rider

duckchrt is a decent person
fork oil

help me out i recently changed the fork seals in both my stunt bikes, an 03 r6 and an 01 f4i, and all i have left to do before i can ride is put the damn oil in... all i need to know is how much do i put in each fork???? no one can seem to give me a straight answer!! i have heard 6 oz for the f4i but i dont know if that is in each one or the total for both....
Old 09-20-2009, 02:27 AM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep
Re: fork oil

Originally Posted by duckchrt
help me out i recently changed the fork seals in both my stunt bikes, an 03 r6 and an 01 f4i, and all i have left to do before i can ride is put the damn oil in... all i need to know is how much do i put in each fork???? no one can seem to give me a straight answer!! i have heard 6 oz for the f4i but i dont know if that is in each one or the total for both....
i dont have the link but you can download service manuals for each bike and it will have the amounts in it ..also i have heard that the f4i fork needs a special kind of fork oil so make sure you get the right type
Old 09-20-2009, 02:59 AM
N2O
Never 2 old 2 die!

N2O has much to be proud ofN2O has much to be proud ofN2O has much to be proud ofN2O has much to be proud ofN2O has much to be proud ofN2O has much to be proud ofN2O has much to be proud ofN2O has much to be proud ofN2O has much to be proud of

Well after you put the oil in, yer suposed to bleed the air out of the valving and set the oil level with a fork oil extracting tool
( kinda like a turkey baster) that sets the level exactly the same but alot of people just add a set amount and this somtimes this leaves uneven levels due to some remaining fluids in the valving.
I recomend using a turkey baster and setting the correct mm's from the top of the fork tube (after bleeding) you can jus mark 55mm or whatever is recomended for your fork on your turkey baster.
Race tech has the correct specs for this on their site.
Oh...for the record i have the motion pro tool for this and it is the shiz but a turkey baster is bout $3-$4 so it works in a pinch.
Old 09-20-2009, 04:00 AM

hanasanaide is a decent person

need to do mine too, might as well look them up

f4i is 462cc, or 116mm from top of fork, fully compressed, spring removed
r6 is .5 quart, and 92mm from top

Last edited by hanasanaide; 09-20-2009 at 04:06 AM.
Old 10-02-2009, 08:16 PM
THE 1 & ONLY

ALEX707 is an unknown quantity at this point

does anyone have a 929 or 954 manual or at least the part on doing the forks.
Old 10-02-2009, 08:26 PM
Post Whore Nazi

MoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by hanasanaide
need to do mine too, might as well look them up

f4i is 462cc, or 116mm from top of fork, fully compressed, spring removed
r6 is .5 quart, and 92mm from top

Where in Sac town are you?