636 smoking

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2009, 10:03 PM

gixxer18 is a decent person
636 smoking

I just noticed today when I went to the spot with some guys that my bike on decel and when shifting bluish/white smoke comes from the exhaust... I have no clue what it is or could be from.
Old 08-24-2009, 12:35 AM

ToKwik is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: 636 smoking

Smoke is smoke coming from the exhaust.

White smoke is generally from water. Unless its pretty cold right now in Denver, the water could possibly be coming from coolant being burned.

Blue smoke is generally from oil entering the engine and being burned off with the rest of the fuel mixture. could be piston rings or valves.

You didn't mention anything about having it parked at 12, or air box mod, so i assuming this is occurring during normal riding scenarios. Each problem has their own components that you need to look at.

Recommend figuring out what color the smoke most likely resembles. After that, do a compression test.

Hope that helps some.
Old 08-24-2009, 12:38 AM
KO
One Wheel Pimp'n

KO has a reputation beyond reputeKO has a reputation beyond reputeKO has a reputation beyond reputeKO has a reputation beyond reputeKO has a reputation beyond reputeKO has a reputation beyond reputeKO has a reputation beyond reputeKO has a reputation beyond reputeKO has a reputation beyond reputeKO has a reputation beyond reputeKO has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tokwik
smoke is smoke coming from the exhaust.

White smoke is generally from water. Unless its pretty cold right now in denver, the water could possibly be coming from coolant being burned.

Blue smoke is generally from oil entering the engine and being burned off with the rest of the fuel mixture. Could be piston rings or valves.

You didn't mention anything about having it parked at 12, or air box mod, so i assuming this is occurring during normal riding scenarios. Each problem has their own components that you need to look at.

Recommend figuring out what color the smoke most likely resembles. After that, do a compression test.

Hope that helps some.
+1
Old 08-25-2009, 12:24 AM

gixxer18 is a decent person

i had it at 12o'clock the night before just chillin.. but i took the tank and airbox off and there was no oil in the airbox..