Clutch problems on 00 gsxr 600 ...Please Help anything will be helpful >> Thanks

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2009, 04:56 PM

ssbstspd is a decent person
Clutch problems on 00 gsxr 600 ...Please Help anything will be helpful >> Thanks

Hey , my bike has been on the sidelines for almost a month , and i just got it a few months ago and i wana ride, but i have a few problems. I went and bought a whole new cluth kit because the guy i bought it from said i needed one and everyone i talked to said the same because what it does it it just revs out at anything over 5,000 rpms and just slips, so i go and buy a full clutch kit plates and friction plates, and it was suppose to be on backorder for 3 days when i ordered it and 3 weeks went by and it still was on back order so i told the bike shop to cancel it because of there horrible customer service knwoone called back just hoirrible but anyways so i go and order from soneone else get it that week and i had my friend come by to install it and he told me the plates are perfectly fine which he was suprised to see but hes telling me that i need to replace these like cone shaped springs that look like washers but im not sure and i dont wana waste another few weeks because then the ridding season will be over and im dying to get out there, I cant see these springs having anything to do with the clutch slipping it goes in and outta of gears fine it just slips when i go over like 5.000 rpms like i said before, if anyone knows whats up and if it could be something else i would deff appreciate any feedback. i just dont wana keep ordering parts that im not gonna need such as the plates and friction plates that i spent almost 300 on. like i said any help well be helpful. thanks

Last edited by ssbstspd; 08-08-2009 at 04:59 PM.
Old 08-08-2009, 07:56 PM
the mechanic

GixxerJamie is a decent person
Re: Clutch problems on 00 gsxr 600 ...Please Help anything will be helpful >> Thanks

well here is a diag chart for clutches
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	clutch copy.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	84.1 KB
ID:	229417  
Old 08-10-2009, 06:28 PM

Re: Clutch problems on 00 gsxr 600 ...Please Help anything will be helpful >> Thanks

i took the springs to the local bike shop and he said there is nothing wrong with them and they measure out to what size there suppose to be, i brought the whole clutch there too and hes gonna take a look at it tomorrow and see what the hells wrong ... Hopefullly its nothing major. any thoughts will be helpful.
Old 08-10-2009, 07:18 PM

charkly is a decent person

you need to adjust the clutch arm actuating rod-the nut and screw on the sprocket cover. Its holding the clutch partially engaged. VERY common problem on that year. just loosen the jam nut and back the bolt out until you can feel its no longer touching anything, then put it in until you just start feeling pressure. adjust your clutch as normal.
Old 08-11-2009, 10:53 PM

the bike shop called me back and he told me the plates deff needed changing and that my friend didnt no what he was talking about. and thats all he saw that was the problem. Yea so much for my friend slash mechanic. I put the clutch in msyelf today just waiting for a impact gun impact gun for the Big nut then ill hopefullly be back on the road and at least i learned how to do the damm thing myself. thanks to the people that replyed and gave me some info / help.

Last edited by ssbstspd; 08-11-2009 at 10:55 PM.
Old 08-11-2009, 11:52 PM

zookiezook is a decent person

Originally Posted by charkly
you need to adjust the clutch arm actuating rod-the nut and screw on the sprocket cover. Its holding the clutch partially engaged. VERY common problem on that year. just loosen the jam nut and back the bolt out until you can feel its no longer touching anything, then put it in until you just start feeling pressure. adjust your clutch as normal.
+1
did u bring it 2 a shop ? .. how do they know.. they just wanna sell u anything... i found out that generally REAL mechanics dont really go around saying there mechanics and i know more than 95% of so called "mechanics" that ive come across.. people in shos FOR THE MOST PART dotn know what there talking about ... there are some exceptions though
Old 08-13-2009, 12:36 PM

yea but he knew i had plates already that i bought ... he was right they where blueish and a little beat up. i bought springs though even though the shop guy said i would get away with the ones i already had. i INstalled it yesterday and everythings fine i just need to starting adjusting it . the bike wants to Buck real hard when i put it in first even before i let off the clutch then i tighten it up and its fine but wy to tight.. im gonna go mess with the other adjust ment then go back to the handle bar adjustment and see what i get.
Old 08-20-2009, 11:29 AM

i insallled the cluthc last week and it was fine for 3 days then the lock nut came loose that holds the whole clutch assembly togther i guess i didnt put enough torque on it. so i coouldt figure out what was wrong and i took off the clutch cover after it taking me 2 days to get this striped *** nut, anyways i must have over torqued the nut this time because the clutch wasnt disengaging right or thats what i figured because i adjusted it at the adjustment screlww and nut like i did the first time and it was fine. this time it wasnt so i wouldnt up taking the nut and screw out to check it out then i wasnt able to get it back in and striped it of coarse liek an idiot, if i get a new screw and nut for it would i be able to get it back in cause the screw would hit a point where it just wouldnt go in no more and its suppose to go in alot more then what i was able to get it to . now my question is , is that screw not suppose too come out and also my oil plug tigthens up then lossens up like it gets to a point where its tight by hand then i screw it in some more and it loosens back up is there a way i can get around with like some kind of sylicone instead of re threading it and fitting a bigger oil plug in, does anyone recommed a type of sylcone or w.e ... anything will be helpful this is my first bike and im sjust trying to learn but things arent going so well and im getting real frustrated o and one more thing a hose at the top of the coolant reserve came out and i cant figure out where it was connected it now is this a problem that needs to be fixed right away, its not the hoose that goes to the bottolm of the reserve tank where im guessing it gets filled from its the one all the way at the top where the cap is . thanks
Old 08-20-2009, 11:35 AM

i insallled the cluthc last week and it was fine for 3 days then the lock nut came loose that holds the whole clutch assembly togther i guess i didnt put enough torque on it. cause the clutch started slipping real bad all of a suddenbefore that i coouldt figure out what was wrong and i took off the clutch cover after it taking me 2 days to get this striped *** nut, anyways i must have over torqued the nut this time because the clutch wasnt disengaging right or thats what i figured because i adjusted it at the adjustment screlww and nut like i did the first time and it was fine. this time it wasnt so i wouldnt up taking the nut and screw out to check it out then i wasnt able to get it back in and striped it of coarse liek an idiot, if i get a new screw and nut for it would i be able to get it back in cause the screw would hit a point where it just wouldnt go in no more and its suppose to go in alot more then what i was able to get it to . now my question is , is that screw not suppose too come out and also my oil plug tigthens up then lossens up like it gets to a point where its tight by hand then i screw it in some more and it loosens back up is there a way i can get around with like some kind of sylicone instead of re threading it and fitting a bigger oil plug in, does anyone recommed a type of sylcone or w.e ... anything will be helpful this is my first bike and im sjust trying to learn but things arent going so well and im getting real frustrated o and one more thing a hose at the top of the coolant reserve came out and i cant figure out where it was connected it now is this a problem that needs to be fixed right away, its not the hoose that goes to the bottolm of the reserve tank where im guessing it gets filled from its the one all the way at the top where the cap is . thanks
Old 08-20-2009, 11:40 AM
Zippy Tie Rider

Tone The Natural is just really niceTone The Natural is just really niceTone The Natural is just really niceTone The Natural is just really niceTone The Natural is just really nice

Holy run on sentences.
Old 08-20-2009, 01:01 PM

f*uck u