06 636 smoking

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2009, 12:46 AM

jjones is an unknown quantity at this point
06 636 smoking

ok i searched but cant quite find my problem.....

I have the clean air mod done...i was out riding today and rocked a high endo....came down bike was smoking.....let it sit...started it up smoke a bit figured it would burn away. it did but as soon as i pulled it up into a circle it started billowing smoke out.....IDK wtf is going on....i have the oil running high to the top of the sight glass maybe a bit higher...but again i have the mod done.....any suggestions please??? Im new to kawis so i dont know if thats just too much oil or what?

also my plugs arent fouling bike is running fine......was running shitty but i took the pc3 off and its been good ever since. until today.
Old 08-04-2009, 01:01 AM

Re: 06 636 smoking

so from the little bit of reading im taking in even with the klean air if you run the oil hihg you run the risk of smoking....right? so whats a good level to run on the 636 without starving the engine?
Old 08-04-2009, 05:54 AM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

i run mine just below the top of the site glass , and that smoke you got would have been oil in the air box had you not done the clean air mod so the mod may have already saved you one motor ...
Old 08-04-2009, 09:22 AM

btw the OMR subcage works lovely lol SO im safe in assuming its just too much oil in mine? also is there any damage being done by this smoke or should i just let it burn away?
Old 08-04-2009, 10:28 AM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by jjones
btw the OMR subcage works lovely lol SO im safe in assuming its just too much oil in mine? also is there any damage being done by this smoke or should i just let it burn away?
the clean air mod directs the oil directly to your exhaust ports so it wont hurt any thing and im glad your happy with your subcage , tell your friends
Old 08-04-2009, 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by old man roger
the clean air mod directs the oil directly to your exhaust ports so it wont hurt any thing and im glad your happy with your subcage , tell your friends

so then the oil is basically going right into where my headers are? wont harm anything i just need to drain some oil?
Old 08-04-2009, 10:55 AM
also known as OMR

ya or if you have mosquito's just let it smoke till it finds it's own level ..lol
Old 08-04-2009, 07:42 PM

Tekanomics is a decent person

Originally Posted by old man roger
i run mine just below the top of the site glass , and that smoke you got would have been oil in the air box had you not done the clean air mod so the mod may have already saved you one motor ...
jeeze rog wish you were here to save the first motor! jonesy someone owes you a motor *cough cough* retired darius henchman "j.b." *cough cough*
Old 08-04-2009, 11:22 PM

word ! ! ! !! water pumps....square block square hole....lol