Stunt cage help!

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2009, 03:09 AM

FresYES fresh is a decent person
Exclamation Stunt cage help!

Hey there guys .... before you say theres another thread just like this, i looked and while it is the same its not quite answered and this is kind of a custom cage...well homemade, so i wnt to know if it would work specifically. Seeing i work 20 hrs a week... at min wage im super low on money so i decided to buy a HB and build my own cage with my mad welding skills .

i was wondering if anyone knew alot about cage mounting and if this would work safely.

The two upper points would be the contact points with sliders and the lower front engine mount being 1" lower? Was just wondering if this would keep the bike from going onto the tank/clipons or would break anything >.> The Blue would be a thick peice i would weld between the frame. Kind of like said by OMR in the other F2 cage post. Any words of advice would be greatly appreciated.

PS. ignore the cage already on the bike.... just my homemade photoshoped cage...

Last edited by FresYES fresh; 07-31-2009 at 03:09 AM. Reason: Correction!
Old 07-31-2009, 03:20 AM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep
Re: Stunt cage help!

the question should be will this keep my stator cover from hitting the ground , will i beat my shins to death , will this cage dig into the ground and bend ?
Old 07-31-2009, 03:23 AM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

maybe put the rear mount of your new cage where the bottom mount is on the cage you have on the bike already and have the pipe bend in like the one thats on there
Old 07-31-2009, 03:24 AM

Or this? Which would be better?
Old 07-31-2009, 03:27 AM

Originally Posted by old man roger
the question should be will this keep my stator cover from hitting the ground , will i beat my shins to death , will this cage dig into the ground and bend ?

Hey OMR thanks for responding! Well i have a "prototype on my bike right now... lol its made out of broom/mop handles .... and it clears the stator cover by a good inch or so(maybe 1.5 inches?)... Im not so sure about the cage digging into the ground and bending lol... thats where im looking for advice, i really wish i could buy a cage but for now until i can save ill have to due with my own
My shins im not so worried about, i cant feel **** in them haha
Old 07-31-2009, 03:30 AM

Just sat on my bike with the prototype on it and theres about 1 inch btwn my shins and the mop handle sticking out... LOL, and thats fully pressed up on the tank, so i think its good there, but will it hold? Or **** the engine mounts where i have them mounted at?
And which would be better?
Old 07-31-2009, 03:30 AM
also known as OMR

when i make crash cages i like to make the slider hit the ground at the same time the down bar hits so the slider doesnt dig in , by down bar i mean the bar that goes from the top slider to the lower rear mount
Old 07-31-2009, 03:33 AM

maybe put the rear mount of your new cage where the bottom mount is on the cage you have on the bike already and have the pipe bend in like the one thats on there
Oh gotcha, so it would be the two front mounts... and the lower mount, like the one i added in the 2nd pic? Just those 3 points though right?
Old 07-31-2009, 03:40 AM
also known as OMR

Originally Posted by FresYES fresh
Oh gotcha, so it would be the two front mounts... and the lower mount, like the one i added in the 2nd pic? Just those 3 points though right?
thats probably how i would do it ,and make the rear mount short like the one thats on there just put a bend in the down pipe
Old 07-31-2009, 03:43 AM
also known as OMR

and i would try to make it so when the bike was lying on it's side the bottom mount ,top slider and the down bar all hit the ground at the same time
Old 07-31-2009, 03:48 AM

and i would try to make it so when the bike was lying on it's side the bottom mount ,top slider and the down bar all hit the ground at the same time
Alright! Thanks OMR for all the words
Preciate the help, ill post up pics when im done hopefullly soon haha, gonna get this mop handle prototype sized and then get to welding!
Thanks again man
Old 07-31-2009, 03:51 AM
also known as OMR

good luck