03 f4i electrical

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2009, 09:23 PM

specless is a decent person
03 f4i electrical

i need to know where i can get my hands on the wiring diagrams for my bike....

problem is it wont start all of a sudden. battery is good and so is ign switch bc the fuel pump and lights come on. the cable for the starter broke and i saw that and fixed that and still nothing.....

im a mechanic and i really jsut need pointed in the right direction for wiring diagrams

all help and tips are greatly appreciated

thanks
Old 07-29-2009, 09:56 PM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep
Re: 03 f4i electrical

i have it on my work computer. if you dont find it by tomorrow i can email it to you
Old 07-30-2009, 08:22 AM

that would be great if you could email that to me today

my email is specless@live.com

thanks
Old 07-30-2009, 08:29 AM

HighStyles has a spectacular aura aboutHighStyles has a spectacular aura about

sure its the fuel pump kickin on? i had a similar prob with my 6 the resister wire under the cap on the bottom of the ignition was broke, sodered (sp) it up and she fired right away.. i've seen the relays on the right side of the subframe, go out alot on the f4i's, goodluck!
Old 07-30-2009, 09:39 AM

yeah fuel pump def kicks in to prime as well as the fuel pump relay but im not gettin any power thru the starter relay where the postive cable goes to and also when i bypass the relay still nothing so i wanna get the diagrams to trace it down
Old 07-30-2009, 10:00 AM

jump the selinoid yet?
Old 07-30-2009, 10:32 AM

zookiezook is a decent person

ur a mechanic? ... i aint tryin 2 start no bootleg beef here but its a bike its not that big and there aint that many wires ... ive never used a wiring diagram for fixing a bike ...
Old 07-30-2009, 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by zookiezook
ur a mechanic? ... i aint tryin 2 start no bootleg beef here but its a bike its not that big and there aint that many wires ... ive never used a wiring diagram for fixing a bike ...
all good, and yes i would like to use a diagram bc knowing my luck its something that isnt common and i wanna check everything

i like to go over everything, i just got the bike and im goin thru it all, bc some hack work has been done as well, so i need the diagrams for other issues then just this starting issue
Old 07-30-2009, 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by HighStyles
jump the selinoid yet?
doin that today after work
Old 07-30-2009, 11:28 AM

new wiring harness on ebay is pretty cheap.. like 30 bucks, prolly your best bet if its hacked, nothing like a doing a wheelie and something grounds out, you'll wish you spent the 30 bucks lol, good luck man.
Old 07-30-2009, 11:31 AM

where is this orange cut wire go? if it goes to a sensor on the motor that you can not see you will never find it without a diagram, or if someone splices into the harness and the wires are the wrong colors now you'll never know.

Not starting **** with you, but there is over 100 seprate wires that split into 2 - 3 branches at points. It is obvious you haven't been that deep in a bike before.
Old 07-30-2009, 11:44 AM

where is this orange cut wire go? if it goes to a sensor on the motor that you can not see you will never find it without a diagram, or if someone splices into the harness and the wires are the wrong colors now you'll never know.

Not starting **** with you, but there is over 100 seprate wires that split into 2 - 3 branches at points. It is obvious you haven't been that deep in a bike before.
i used to work for honda motorcycles for a year and some, so ive been in and out of bikes and this is my 4th bike so i know what im doin i would just like to have a diagram, thats all

and im not taking any of this as starting **** its all good guys
Old 07-30-2009, 11:51 AM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep

On a fuel injected bike, a wiring diagram is key to solving electrical problems.
Old 07-30-2009, 11:59 AM

zookiezook is a decent person

i think he was talking to me SPEC but ive been deep into many bikes before and its never taken me more than an hour 2 solve a problem ...its not rocket science , if you understand how EVERYTHING works and know how to use a multimeter its not that difficult ... i guess i just understand mechanics very well without even going 2 school 4 it
Old 07-30-2009, 12:31 PM

i think he was talking to me SPEC but ive been deep into many bikes before and its never taken me more than an hour 2 solve a problem ...its not rocket science , if you understand how EVERYTHING works and know how to use a multimeter its not that difficult ... i guess i just understand mechanics very well without even going 2 school 4 it
right on, like i said i wasn't starting ****, but when the bike isn't running your not gonna get a proper reading on a multimeter, your gonna get voltage depending on the battery status, so a resisted wire will show something, but a shorted out wire will show something also. i guess your just that good.
Old 07-30-2009, 06:01 PM

well i think i found the problem, i believe the starter is internally grounding itself so i have ground goin to the solenoid when it should be power with the key on......
Old 07-30-2009, 06:17 PM
Certified

Bray has a brilliant futureBray has a brilliant futureBray has a brilliant futureBray has a brilliant futureBray has a brilliant futureBray has a brilliant futureBray has a brilliant futureBray has a brilliant futureBray has a brilliant futureBray has a brilliant futureBray has a brilliant future

theres free service manuals online , use google
Old 07-30-2009, 06:27 PM
NealFoReal

OnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for rep

http://www.gofastvideo.com/video/379...4i-Shop-Manual
Old 07-30-2009, 06:32 PM

Seal Clubber is an unknown quantity at this point

I sent you a wiring diagram. hope it helps. If not I have all of the wiring for sale off of a bike that I am parting out.
Old 07-30-2009, 07:37 PM

you wouldnt happen to have the starter and solenoid would you

thats what i think i need

Quick Reply: 03 f4i electrical