installed hhd now my rear footbrake doesnt work

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2009, 04:57 PM

PeterNoggin is a decent person
Re: installed hhd now my rear footbrake doesnt work

now when my footbrake gets that feeling like stock its good right cause I can see the pads smash down but I can drop my pedal down bad or good? and what i wrote make know sense

nevermind

Last edited by PeterNoggin; 07-28-2009 at 05:05 PM.
Old 07-28-2009, 05:08 PM
WWW.Sickinnovations.com

Suicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to behold

Put something between the pads put the caliper straight up and down with the bleeder up with a hose on it submerge it in a bottle with fluid and manualy bleed it and throw that vac bleeder in the trash. I can bleed it in under 10 min by myself
Old 07-28-2009, 05:08 PM
AZ's Finest!

*Tanus* will become famous soon enough

if you still have 0 pressure, take the caliper off and the banjo, pull the pistons so there fully extended,pour brake fluid in caliper then bolt the line back on,then push the pistons in,which will force fluid up into the line.
Originally Posted by MikeM
+1 theyre for amateurs
+2
Old 07-28-2009, 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by *Tanus*
if you still have 0 pressure, take the caliper off and the banjo, pull the pistons so there fully extended,pour brake fluid in caliper then bolt the line back on,then push the pistons in,which will force fluid up into the line.
+2

Ill try this now then
Old 07-28-2009, 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by DSGSXR600
Ill try this now then

didnt work
Old 07-28-2009, 09:41 PM
"Keep Your F4i's IDIOTS"

50slut will become famous soon enough

im thinking
Old 07-28-2009, 09:50 PM

joey1 is infamous around these partsjoey1 is infamous around these partsjoey1 is infamous around these partsjoey1 is infamous around these partsjoey1 is infamous around these partsjoey1 is infamous around these parts

shouldn't the 4 piston be on the handbrake? you said f4i right front?
Old 07-28-2009, 10:17 PM
NealFoReal

OnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by joey1
shouldn't the 4 piston be on the handbrake? you said f4i right front?
just left you some red blox for that comment lol. doesnt hohey now have a setup with 2 4 pistons as well what setup you got gsxrboy?
Old 07-28-2009, 10:18 PM

joey1 is infamous around these partsjoey1 is infamous around these partsjoey1 is infamous around these partsjoey1 is infamous around these partsjoey1 is infamous around these partsjoey1 is infamous around these parts

thanks pal . i didn't know hohey makes a dual 4 piston
and i just noticed i think he has a 636

Last edited by joey1; 07-28-2009 at 10:20 PM.
Old 07-28-2009, 10:25 PM
NealFoReal

OnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for rep

thanks pal . i didn't know hohey makes a dual 4 piston
and i just noticed i think he has a 636
im pretty sure his new setup gives you the option of running a single piston along with a 4 piston or 2 4 pistons like the ft setup. I might be wrong but I coulda sworn he just came out with that to give riders the option of what they want.
Old 07-28-2009, 10:42 PM

i got it now bleed the **** out of my footbrake so almost got all the air out just the caliper has a lil bit but thanks guys but a sign of having air in the brakes if u walk away for a couple minutes and then u have to pump a couple times to get it back to normal
Old 07-28-2009, 10:45 PM

im running busa cal and f4i right front caliper
Old 07-28-2009, 11:00 PM

the busa caliper should be on the foot brake
Old 07-28-2009, 11:07 PM

the busa caliper should be on the foot brake
I was thinking the same thing but I wanted to get a different feel on the footbrake and see how it feels worth a try
Old 07-28-2009, 11:08 PM

that'll work.
Old 07-28-2009, 11:57 PM
NealFoReal

I was thinking the same thing but I wanted to get a different feel on the footbrake and see how it feels worth a try
you shoulda just put the 4 piston for the hb and busa caliper for the fb i love my ft dual 4 piston setup but if i had to choose one to have the 4 piston it'd be the handbrake. Oh never mind - you have a kawi and from what i hear the kawi fb's suck donkey ***** ok keep it movin then.
Old 07-29-2009, 02:22 AM
AZ's Finest!

*Tanus* will become famous soon enough

didnt work
damn,try this,basicly what suicidal said,open the bleeder so its ALMOST all the way open,then run a hose from it to a cup w/ fluid(so its submerged in the fluid) then pump the **** outta the FB

Originally Posted by OnEWhEeLNEAL
you shoulda just put the 4 piston for the hb and busa caliper for the fb
+1
Old 07-29-2009, 08:11 AM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of

That explains it damnit!! The busa caliper is upside down compared how it is run stock on a busa/tl. The 2 bleeders point down when mounted on the HoHey bracket. I had to take mine off and put it at ground level to bleed it. Works ******* awesome though
Old 07-29-2009, 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by -SKETCHY-
That explains it damnit!! The busa caliper is upside down compared how it is run stock on a busa/tl. The 2 bleeders point down when mounted on the HoHey bracket. I had to take mine off and put it at ground level to bleed it. Works ******* awesome though
Sketchy you run the same f4i with a busa cal right? if so how does it feel with the busa as your footbrake? have you tried the f4i as a footbrake yet?
Old 07-29-2009, 01:34 PM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of

The Busa feels great for the footbrake. I have a extra adapter for the 4-piston but i dont want to try it cause ive got used to the Busa caliper & love it so much

Quick Reply: installed hhd now my rear footbrake doesnt work