New rider tryin to stunt a new 636.....

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2009, 05:06 PM

tngnst9 is a decent person
New rider tryin to stunt a new 636.....

Ok so I bought an 06 636 and its stock, the tires have almost no tread. I need some help. I'm tryin to get into stunting. Not anything serious like going pro but just for the fun and love for bikes and doin crazy ****. I need to know what I need to buy to get started without ****** up my bike. Also what are the best kind of tires I should buy for my bike to stunt.
Old 07-03-2009, 05:10 PM

jlh42581 is a decent person
Re: New rider tryin to stunt a new 636.....

i think you should take a few steps back and learn the bike first. do some research and go from there. tires are tires, whats great for the street or track will be just fine for you.
Old 07-03-2009, 05:38 PM
NealFoReal

OnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by jlh42581
i think you should take a few steps back and learn the bike first. do some research and go from there. tires are tires, whats great for the street or track will be just fine for you.
tires are not just tires
Buy a cage and 12bar / round bar if you want to and go make wheelies. I like pilot powers and they're good coz they pretty much always hook up. A lot of grip so they're not the best for drifting from what Ive heard but if you're just trying to learn basic wheelies then they'll do. Besides that practice, practice, practice with some crashes in between and then practice some more and you'll be good For cages Im not so sure about the 636 but a buddy I ride with has a TygerShark cage on his 03/04 636 and Sick Innovations is a pretty reliable cage for most other bikes.
Old 07-04-2009, 01:53 AM

tngnst9 is a decent person

Originally Posted by OnEWhEeLNEAL
tires are not just tires
Buy a cage and 12bar / round bar if you want to and go make wheelies. I like pilot powers and they're good coz they pretty much always hook up. A lot of grip so they're not the best for drifting from what Ive heard but if you're just trying to learn basic wheelies then they'll do. Besides that practice, practice, practice with some crashes in between and then practice some more and you'll be good For cages Im not so sure about the 636 but a buddy I ride with has a TygerShark cage on his 03/04 636 and Sick Innovations is a pretty reliable cage for most other bikes.
I appreciate bro. Not many peole are willing to hook it up with advice when it comes to new riders. I checked out pilot powers, thnx man. I went to sick inovations. com and they have packages that come with a cage, round bar, sprocket, and stunt pegs for lik 600 dollars. Should I go with that?
Old 07-06-2009, 08:16 AM

jlh42581 is a decent person

i dont recommend a pilot power, its too damn soft, making wheelies will chew the center out quicker than ****.

get a pirelli diablo rosso

the sick package, id just get the one with the cage and roundbar, the sprocket... what about the chain? when you say stunt pegs i assume you mean sub cage?