636 running like total POO!

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2009, 03:09 PM
Mr. Sexy! AdrenalineBoyz

AdrenalineBoyz is a decent person
636 running like total POO!

My new 636 is running like crap! \

i just bought it a couple months ago. it had sat outside for about a year.. there was birds in the exhaust, ants living on the air box and moss growing all over the bike.

I cleaned it up, changed the oil, changed the plugs, bought a dented gas tank (cause the other one was too minty) the bike has been running great up until yesterday...

it runs fine until it gets up to about 215 degrees... then it wont go over 8 thou RPM? just bogs... I held it wide open for about a mile and it would'nt go over 8K RPM the whole mile. it was like I was off and on the throttle real fast???

I thougt maybe i had bad gas and the tank was mostly empty, so i added some, and rode it for about an hour or 2 and it still does the same thing once it gets up to 215 degrees...doesnt do it at all when its cold????

Anyone have any ideas?
Old 06-29-2009, 03:30 PM
it is what it is

serious is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: 636 running like total POO!

Originally Posted by AdrenalineBoyz
My new 636 is running like crap! \

i just bought it a couple months ago. it had sat outside for about a year.. there was birds in the exhaust, ants living on the air box and moss growing all over the bike.

I cleaned it up, changed the oil, changed the plugs, bought a dented gas tank (cause the other one was too minty) the bike has been running great up until yesterday...

it runs fine until it gets up to about 215 degrees... then it wont go over 8 thou RPM? just bogs... I held it wide open for about a mile and it would'nt go over 8K RPM the whole mile. it was like I was off and on the throttle real fast???

I thougt maybe i had bad gas and the tank was mostly empty, so i added some, and rode it for about an hour or 2 and it still does the same thing once it gets up to 215 degrees...doesnt do it at all when its cold????

Anyone have any ideas?
are all the vacum hoses plugged in properly to the air box? Did you make sure the throttle boddies were seated all the way on the engine? Could be a bad ignition coil too.
Old 07-02-2009, 02:07 AM

jerz4sures is a decent person

if you got a friend with same bike try changing coil packs and ride if not i had my battery ground wire go bad on me last summer
post up when u figure it out
Old 07-02-2009, 11:24 PM

ToKwik is an unknown quantity at this point

Heat related is usually electrical.

If it is dropping an injector or a pack, the ECU might be putting the bike into "limp mode". That's why you can't get over 8k.

Bring it by, lornes got lots of spare parts!!!