another endo question

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2003, 11:07 AM

atnuts is an unknown quantity at this point
Question another endo question

what's up ppl, I know there's been endo questions before but I'm starting to learn it and I'm comfortable going about 40mph squeezing the brakes, slowing down to about 32mph and hitting the brakes hard and the back end comes up but no roll. I want to start rolling!!! How do you guys work the back brake? Obviously you have to go faster, but is it pretty much the same procedure? Tapping the brake lightly and then at a certain speed, nail it and let go? I came close to flipping it over one time was going to fast. What speed should I be going to get rolling? I want to start slow. What do you do to the brake after you nail it to get the back end up? Any feed back on this would be awesome

Oh, I ride an 02 R6 & an 01 R1.

-jr
Old 07-20-2003, 04:25 PM

joshua900rr is an unknown quantity at this point
when i roll mine i can go anywhere from 30-60mph and the back end will come up and roll until i want to stop. go about 40 pull the clutch in, load up the front suspension by grabbing some brake, then shift your weight forward and grip the tank with your knees...it's almost like you're lifting your weight off the pegs and seat, and moving it farther foward on the bike. when you do this...squeeze the brake harder, and you should feel the back end come up. if you have any other questions about endo's just PM me...

remember practice, practice, practice, practice...

it's easier for your tire to slide out doing these, so be sure not to grab too much brake on a slick surface, make sure it's tacky.

good luck
Old 07-20-2003, 04:28 PM

What do you do to the brake after you nail it to get the back end up?

there is a balance point on the endo just like on the wheelie. both of them alike yo uhave to use more brake/throttle to get the back/front end up in the air, but once it's up, you ease off...bc it's balanced and you regulate the height with a slight touch of the brake, too much = flip
Old 07-20-2003, 04:28 PM

let me know how it works out
Old 07-20-2003, 09:29 PM

atnuts is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up

Thanks for the reply :
Originally posted by joshua900rr
What do you do to the brake after you nail it to get the back end up?
Because I'm going so slow, I just release the brake and it comes slamming down.There is NO roll. Does the brake lever actually get pressed all the way in? Or are these the steps: 1)roll to about 45mph,2)squeeze brake lever softly to compress the front forks, but do not release front brake3)squeeze brake lever harder and quick but not all the way to lift back end, 4)once back end is up, release brake lever slowly as to not flip over. Is that pretty much it or am I way off? I know it takes practice, but with me it helps to know a few things before I actually go out and do it. Hit me back.

-jr
Old 07-21-2003, 01:27 AM

if the back end isn't coming up when you're trying them, then you need to make sure you're shifting your weight toward the tank and gripping it w/your knees...that way there is more weight on the front of the bike. and also make sure you load the front suspension first, shift your weight, then apply more brake GRADUALLY. let me know how it goes

practice practice

-joshua