Nipples on bottom of 636 tank??

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2009, 09:32 PM
J Blox

frayz has a spectacular aura aboutfrayz has a spectacular aura aboutfrayz has a spectacular aura about
Nipples on bottom of 636 tank??

i'm swapping tanks and my didnt notice this til i was putting the new one in. There are two extra nipples at the bottom of my new tank(one has a blue circle and the other a red circle next to it). my other tank just had the vent from up top the hole for the pump and thats it.

Wtf are these nipples and will they leak if i dont close them up? they have two tubes that go up thru the tank connected on the inside...
Old 06-12-2009, 09:42 PM
I Love To Post!

Compton82 has much to be proud ofCompton82 has much to be proud ofCompton82 has much to be proud ofCompton82 has much to be proud ofCompton82 has much to be proud ofCompton82 has much to be proud ofCompton82 has much to be proud ofCompton82 has much to be proud of
Re: Nipples on bottom of 636 tank??

Im guessing its a california tank? I know I saw a thread about that a long time ago. Im thinking it said to just plug em. I will see if I can find it.
Old 06-12-2009, 10:31 PM

Brandy V is a decent person

Yeah I have a california model and those extra hoses go to an emissions box under the stator side fairing and another cylinder on top of your shock. I took all the emissions off and did the clean air mod. You gain like 3hp supposedly if you do the mod......if your bike is a california model to begin with. If not, keep them plugged
Old 06-13-2009, 12:38 AM
J Blox

frayz has a spectacular aura aboutfrayz has a spectacular aura aboutfrayz has a spectacular aura about

I just looked at the sending address it was in cali . Mines a no cali model..So if i dont hook them up why would i need them blocked off if tthey are just for emissions..or will they leak gas??
Old 06-13-2009, 01:05 AM

Originally Posted by frayz
I just looked at the sending address it was in cali . Mines a no cali model..So if i dont hook them up why would i need them blocked off if they are just for emissions..or will they leak gas??
I think it's a lines that send unused gas fumes back to the engine through the canisters. Both of mine are blocked and the bike runs fine. They might be overflows of some sort so either way, it keeps the gas in the tank
Old 06-13-2009, 01:21 AM
J Blox

aight i'll find something to plug them with tomorrow. thank you..

**** california
Old 06-13-2009, 01:25 AM

**** california
Your welcome

Pep boys, home depot, or any hardware store should have little rubber plugs....or just get fuel line and put a screw in one end.
Old 06-13-2009, 03:23 AM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

you can block two of them by connecting them to each with a hose but make sure you leave the overflow tube open so the well around the filler hole can still vent , it serves two purposes , one to let any water that gets in the well out so it doesnt get in the tank and two it allows the tank to vent
Old 06-01-2010, 05:08 PM
I'm the new guy

karmakazi is a decent person

Originally Posted by old man roger
you can block two of them by connecting them to each with a hose but make sure you leave the overflow tube open so the well around the filler hole can still vent , it serves two purposes , one to let any water that gets in the well out so it doesnt get in the tank and two it allows the tank to vent
Hey, I just started to dent in my GS500 tank and I believe I may have broken my overflow line inside because gas now flows out of it. Why is my tanks not dentable compared to most others? I barely had it dented I was maybe half way in when gas started pouring.
Old 06-01-2010, 05:37 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by karmakazi
Hey, I just started to dent in my GS500 tank and I believe I may have broken my overflow line inside because gas now flows out of it. Why is my tanks not dentable compared to most others? I barely had it dented I was maybe half way in when gas started pouring.
this some times happens on any type of tank , it's just a hit or miss thing , you could just block the tube but you have to vent the tank some how , some oem gas caps will allow the tank to vent but try to keep it out of the rain
Old 06-01-2010, 05:47 PM
sack up or pack up!!!

beardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond repute

**** california
cmon son!!! your just mad cause you dont have all those california girls... but im sure you wish they all could be california girls...hahahaha
Old 06-02-2010, 01:31 AM
I'm the new guy

this some times happens on any type of tank , it's just a hit or miss thing , you could just block the tube but you have to vent the tank some how , some oem gas caps will allow the tank to vent but try to keep it out of the rain
So I just plug and seal the bottom and keep the top open right. If the line is solid from top through to the bottom how does it vent anything?
Old 06-02-2010, 02:49 AM
also known as OMR

Originally Posted by karmakazi
So I just plug and seal the bottom and keep the top open right. If the line is solid from top through to the bottom how does it vent anything?
in vents from the little hole thats in the well around your filler hole
Old 06-02-2010, 09:05 AM
J Blox

Originally Posted by beardo
cmon son!!! your just mad cause you dont have all those california girls... but im sure you wish they all could be california girls...hahahaha
U ever heard of florida girls? They are just as hot with half the attitude and self esteem
Old 06-02-2010, 11:03 AM
sack up or pack up!!!

beardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond repute

U ever heard of florida girls? They are just as hot with half the attitude and self esteem
hahaha well i only heard of them on the t.v. i thought that was just a hollywood myth!! i was a pretty bik fan of miami vise!!!ahahahah crocket and tubs!!!bawaahahaha
Old 06-02-2010, 11:28 AM
J Blox

No hollywood magic there. Last time i was in miami **** was str8 80s. Bodybuilder guys in tight shorts rollerblading down by lincoln mall, hot cuban women, and lots of chest hair and hawaiin t shirts LOL
Old 06-02-2010, 07:12 PM
I'm the new guy

in vents from the little hole thats in the well around your filler hole
Thanks for the info man, I appreciate it