anybody else have this problem

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2009, 05:35 PM

SHOCKER A is an unknown quantity at this point
anybody else have this problem

bike-05 636
problem-front brakes
heres the deal, when doing a stoppie session brakes and master feel great.
its when i stop to take a 5 10 min break, when i get back on the bike i have hardley any lever. it will only go back to normal by riding around fast applying the brakes. hate having to ask for help but im going nuts.
ss lines
motul fluid
damn near new stock pads
no air in lines
master seemed to be ok when tested.
wondering if anyone has had this problem?
and what it turned out to be.
just wanted to ask before i get another master that i might not need.
Old 06-03-2009, 05:39 PM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of
Re: anybody else have this problem

Mine has been doing this too

Subscribed
Old 06-03-2009, 05:42 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

do you have the res mounted lower than the master ?

are there any kinks in your line to the master from the res ?

have you changed your fluid lately ?
Old 06-03-2009, 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by old man roger
do you have the res mounted lower than the master ?

are there any kinks in your line to the master from the res ?

have you changed your fluid lately ?

no
no
and yes
Old 06-03-2009, 05:47 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by SHOCKER A
no
no
and yes
hhhmmmm stumped
Old 06-03-2009, 05:50 PM
also known as OMR

my first guess was you were boiling your fluid but normally that would get softer as you ride and get better after it cooled off ..
Old 06-03-2009, 05:50 PM
it is what it is

serious is an unknown quantity at this point

Samething happened to me when the brake lever got pushed in after a crash. Went nuts trying to figure it out. In the end found out it was the master cylinder. I swapped it with a new one and the problem went away and it's been fine ever since. I took apart the master and cleaned it. the piston in the cylinder has a grove and that grove releases pressure so that it doesn't stay locked up. Well, the crash must have damaged either the cylinder wall or something because it didn't hold the pressure in and gradually started getting spongier and spongier after use. Not sure if this is the case for you but that was my story.

Last edited by serious; 06-03-2009 at 05:54 PM.
Old 06-03-2009, 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by old man roger
hhhmmmm stumped

me too.

on a dif note my omr subcage is the ****
props for making a product of the highest quality
your the man
Old 06-03-2009, 05:59 PM
also known as OMR

me too.

on a dif note my omr subcage is the ****
props for making a product of the highest quality
your the man
Old 06-03-2009, 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by serious
Samething happened to me when the brake lever got pushed in after a crash. Went nuts trying to figure it out. In the end found out it was the master cylinder. I swapped it with a new one and the problem went away and it's been fine ever since. I took apart the master and cleaned it. the piston in the cylinder has a grove and that grove releases pressure so that it doesn't stay locked up. Well, the crash must have damaged either the cylinder wall or something because it didn't hold the pressure in and gradually started getting spongier and spongier after use. Not sure if this is the case for you but that was my story.

thank you. im gonna swap out masters and see if that fixes the prob
Old 06-03-2009, 06:10 PM
it is what it is

serious is an unknown quantity at this point

thank you. im gonna swap out masters and see if that fixes the prob

I'm tellin you, that's the only way to rule **** out otherwise you spend hours bleeding line and shyt. I have the benifit of having a air compressor but it is still a bitch. good luck.
Old 06-03-2009, 06:19 PM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep

Sounds like a bad master to me.. Had the same problem before
Old 06-03-2009, 09:09 PM

ToKwik is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm probably leaning towards boiled fluid or master also.

Certainly sounds like air being introduced into the top end of your brake system. Make sure you replace that banjo crush washers if you decide to swap masters. They are commonly overlooked and I found them to be the source of air problems multiple times.