Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2009, 04:52 AM

DirtyToes is a decent person
how do i break in a rebuild bike?

my stunt/beater bike's f4i engine!

getting...

new journals and bearings...all 18 of 'em
new piston rings

I've never owned a brand-new motor...whats the best way to break her in? and how long does it take?

lastly, when is it "safe" to stunt the **** out of it?
Old 05-21-2009, 05:15 AM
Bacons Hot, Need a Spot

cjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud of
Re: how do i break in a rebuild bike?

my 07 I bought new, the dealer owners manual says less than 4000rpm 0-500 miles then up to 6000rpm until 1000 miles. Ridiculous! So i read everything on the net and came to the conclusions 1: if my bike was a lemon they want me goin slow when it blows the **** up and 2: Break it in the way it's going to be ridden, based on a site that had pics of pistons broken in by the manual and straight up riden like you normally would. Drive it like you stole it! Drain oil after 200 or so miles to remove ****.
This is the site I read.http://www.mototuneusa.com/break_in_secrets.htm

Last edited by cjoec01; 05-21-2009 at 05:17 AM. Reason: found link
Old 05-21-2009, 06:51 AM

Jut 71 is a decent person

yeah ride it dont be to gentle i heard of write up where someone broke to r6's in few years back to compare done 1 by the book caned the other the 1 that was done by the book was never as fast they stripped both motors the caned 1 was clean inside and lots of carbon build up on the other most motors seem to perform better if driven hard from day 1
Old 05-21-2009, 11:58 PM

REALLY?!!!!

that sounds SOOOOOOOOOO wrong!
Old 05-22-2009, 12:39 AM
Squid Supreme

stick1300 will become famous soon enough

Oddly, I've read a couple things that back up what they're saying. Giving it hell from day one basically lets it break in in a way that will prepare it for it's "normal" riding. If you were going to train to be an MMA fighter, would you rather train to fight your grandma then get thrown into the ring with Fedor or would you train to fight Fedor? lol
Old 05-22-2009, 12:43 AM

Originally Posted by stick1300
Oddly, I've read a couple things that back up what they're saying. Giving it hell from day one basically lets it break in in a way that will prepare it for it's "normal" riding. If you were going to train to be an MMA fighter, would you rather train to fight your grandma then get thrown into the ring with Fedor or would you train to fight Fedor? lol
well...my grandma is pretty hardcore...but you wouldn't know that so i'll let it slide

okay, so i guess i'm gonna ride it VEEERY hard then. and by that i mean 10-13k rpms

sooo does this mean i should do alot of 1st gear high-rev street wheelies too?

...and perhaps film and post some street footage?
Old 05-22-2009, 12:48 AM
Squid Supreme

Yes!!
Old 05-22-2009, 01:03 AM
NealFoReal

OnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for rep

****** dirty toes stays blowing up motors lol.
Old 05-22-2009, 01:04 AM
NealFoReal

OnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for rep

and where'd the nick name dirty toes come from? you got stinky dirty feet
Old 05-22-2009, 01:14 AM
Squid Supreme

Originally Posted by OnEWhEeLNEAL
****** dirty toes stays blowing up motors lol.
No joke. He's like the Michael Jordan of blowing up F4i's!
Old 05-22-2009, 08:56 AM

come on duuude, why do you have to make fun of my feet?

i was born with this condition, and there is nothing I can do about it...god made me this way...it's a condition called, dirtifitiliciousness

incase you didn't pick up on it so far, i kid.

p.s. believe it or not, it's a family thing...none of us really have stinky feet (or at least not yet ) ...my uncle started the whole thing as a AOL screen name and it just passed on from cousin to cousin.
Old 05-22-2009, 08:58 AM

Any more input from anyone on the braking in the motor?
Old 05-23-2009, 07:25 AM

......?
Old 05-23-2009, 09:42 PM

yep clean oil as cjoec01 said couple of hundred miles fresh oil n filter maybe do this 2 or 3 times flush as much crap out of motor as pos i'm a truck driver it works same with trucks worked hard from start they pull stronger and tend to be more reliable just let it it warm up 1st
Old 05-26-2009, 03:43 AM

Originally Posted by Jut 71
yep clean oil as cjoec01 said couple of hundred miles fresh oil n filter maybe do this 2 or 3 times flush as much crap out of motor as pos i'm a truck driver it works same with trucks worked hard from start they pull stronger and tend to be more reliable just let it it warm up 1st
insane.

pumped up to kill the streets when breaking in my new motor. and maybe a high speed police chase during. damn, you know that sounded cool.
Old 05-26-2009, 03:45 AM

Originally Posted by cjoec01
my 07 I bought new, the dealer owners manual says less than 4000rpm 0-500 miles then up to 6000rpm until 1000 miles. Ridiculous! So i read everything on the net and came to the conclusions 1: if my bike was a lemon they want me goin slow when it blows the **** up and 2: Break it in the way it's going to be ridden, based on a site that had pics of pistons broken in by the manual and straight up riden like you normally would. Drive it like you stole it! Drain oil after 200 or so miles to remove ****.
This is the site I read.http://www.mototuneusa.com/break_in_secrets.htm
and for anyone reading this thread in the future....it says change oil after -TWENTY- miles, not two hundred.
Old 05-26-2009, 04:02 AM
Hate Hate Hate!

T-NECK is just really niceT-NECK is just really niceT-NECK is just really niceT-NECK is just really nice

I break mine in like this.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHkTjz8NFYY[/YOUTUBE]
Old 05-26-2009, 04:26 AM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

when ever i get a new bike i ride it hard i just dont maintain high rpms , i will hit the redline once in a while but never stay high in the revs for very long till i have changed the oil a few times , me and my brother got the same exact bikes and he broke his in like the manual said and i drag raced mine...lol mine always pulled harder and ran for ever
Old 05-26-2009, 06:30 PM

Think omr has put it best
Old 05-26-2009, 06:41 PM

John LegionST is a decent person

Mototune method... read up suckas

http://www.mototuneusa.com/break_in_secrets.htm

Quick Reply: how do i break in a rebuild bike?