WRECKED 01 R1 want to make naked to ride for now

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2009, 12:46 AM

mike393 is a decent person
WRECKED 01 R1 want to make naked to ride for now

I wrecked my r1 last summer hitting sand on a bluff road in mn around blind corner saw head lights thought i shoud get over incase they were over the line hit sand in the groove slid to the curb fliped flew over the gaurdrail landed bout 50 ft down hit a tree with my head and shoulder bad deal but wear your ****** GEAR! save my live i was knocked out tore all the ligaments in my shoulder but not a scrape on me haha... where that ****..

the bike flipped over on the road and threw me it didnt follow me down the hill so its in alright condition need a handle bar and plastics but yeah

anyways I want to just get a head light to mount not sure what to use not putting any fairing back on no cash for that now but i want to ride this summer. also wondering if anyone has any choices on a roll cage for me ... also if anyone has done this idk if you can or should mount some things differently because of the lack of fairings. also blinker ideas if you got some dont like them myself only had fronts on before just use my hand

thanks

Last edited by mike393; 05-20-2009 at 12:58 AM.
Old 05-20-2009, 01:02 AM

DC-stunts is a decent person
Re: WRECKED 01 R1 want to make naked to ride for now

Originally Posted by mike393
I wrecked my r1 last summer hitting sand on a bluff road in mn around blind corner saw head lights thought i shoud get over incase they were over the line hit sand in the groove slid to the curb fliped flew over the gaurdrail landed bout 50 ft down hit a tree with my head and shoulder bad deal but wear your ****** GEAR! save my live i was knocked out tore all the ligaments in my shoulder but not a scrape on me haha... where that ****..

the bike flipped over on the road and threw me it didnt follow me down the hill so its in alright condition need a handle bar and plastics but yeah

anyways I want to just get a head light to mount not sure what to use not putting any fairing back on no cash for that now but i want to ride this summer. also wondering if anyone has any choices on a roll cage for me ... also if anyone has done this idk if you can or should mount some things differently because of the lack of fairings. also blinker ideas if you got some dont like them myself only had fronts on before just use my hand

thanks
Get a indero style light It clips to the front forks. and a good cage is a FI Cage. good luck.
Old 05-20-2009, 01:16 AM

i couldnt figure out how to add pics to this check my albums have befor and after pics front left and right thanks
Old 05-20-2009, 01:28 AM

thanks never would have thought of that any idea on my coolant res.?
a way to hide or anything