F4i Fan Help....

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2009, 06:24 PM

600flipper is a decent person
F4i Fan Help....

My fan stopped kicking on around 220-225 like it used to. Was gonna take it to the shop but cant sit in traffic for to long or itll overheat. Soo what colors the wire that i gotta run a switch to have it on or off whenever. Also i got a fan from a R1 with the bracket from my F4i as my stock fan but i got a gsxr fan and bracket that i wanted to put on as a 2nd fan where do i run the wires to. To the stock fan?
Old 05-15-2009, 07:43 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep
Re: F4i Fan Help....

Originally Posted by flipper600K5
My fan stopped kicking on around 220-225 like it used to. Was gonna take it to the shop but cant sit in traffic for to long or itll overheat. Soo what colors the wire that i gotta run a switch to have it on or off whenever. Also i got a fan from a R1 with the bracket from my F4i as my stock fan but i got a gsxr fan and bracket that i wanted to put on as a 2nd fan where do i run the wires to. To the stock fan?
sounds like your fan may be dead , when you put a new fan on you can put a switch in between the sending unit on the radiator and ground that way you can turn your fan on when ever you want and if you forget to turn it on it will still come on at the factory set tempature
Old 05-15-2009, 08:26 PM

you know the colors of the wires? the sending unit and the ground ones? i think the grounds brown right? i dont think my fans dead though i think it might be my sensor thats fucked up idk ima take the fan off and run the wires to a battery to see if it works
Old 05-15-2009, 09:44 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

there is only one wire that goes to the sending unit on the radiator so if you just ground that wire the fan should come on with the key
Old 05-15-2009, 09:47 PM

alright cool thanks ima see now
Old 05-15-2009, 09:48 PM
also known as OMR

keep in mind that the fan may come on now because it's cold but some times a bad fan motor stops working when it gets hot
Old 05-15-2009, 09:51 PM

i checked the fuses and it didnt pop so its not a short you might be right tho might just be the fan that died but its a brand new R1 fan with my f4i bracket so idk how it fried?
Old 05-15-2009, 09:55 PM
also known as OMR

Originally Posted by flipper600K5
i checked the fuses and it didnt pop so its not a short you might be right tho might just be the fan that died but its a brand new R1 fan with my f4i bracket so idk how it fried?
may just have a bad connection some where that makes the fan work some times and not work other times
Old 05-15-2009, 10:00 PM

idk -_- ***** pissing me off cant figure it out