changing to dirtbars

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2009, 12:15 AM

Brandon85 is a decent person
changing to dirtbars

i am going to be changing over to dirt bars this weekend and wanted to know if there was any specific way to put on the risers to mount the bars? i have the TAG 1 1/8 risers and the TAG T2 bars that i am going to use but need to know if i should just eyeball what looks like a good spot or if i am supposed to measure anything before i drill into my top tripple.
Old 05-13-2009, 12:20 AM
Administrators

WHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for rep
Re: changing to dirtbars

You Have ONE chance to Drill THem Right... Measure 4x and then double check
(Unless you like to ride down the Road with Crooked bars.. )
Old 05-13-2009, 12:24 AM
control switcher

Dr_Rip_It will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by WHEELIE
You Have ONE chance to Drill THem Right... Measure 4x and then double check
(Unless you like to ride down the Road with Crooked bars.. )
+1 or get a good welder to weld your risers on for you..
Old 05-13-2009, 12:29 AM
Administrators

WHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by Dr_Rip_It
+1 or get a good welder to weld your risers on for you..
your better off bolting them down first then if you want weld them down( i filled the under neath up and then drilled, and then ran a bolt with lock washer)
Old 05-13-2009, 12:34 AM
Administrators

Its a shitty pic but this is how mine ended up....

Name:  DCFC0104.jpg
Views: 1
Size:  74.9 KB

you also want to make sure your bars will clear the top of your forks.. FYI
Old 05-13-2009, 12:35 AM

Brandon85 is a decent person

thanks. i am guessing it will be easier if i take off the top tripple tree o do this is that really necessary?
Old 05-13-2009, 12:40 AM
Administrators

Originally Posted by Brandon85
thanks. i am guessing it will be easier if i take off the top tripple tree o do this is that really necessary?
YES.!!!! to do it right... I bought a top triple off ebay for $10 and did it
to that one and then swapped them....