636 tank dent holes?

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2009, 12:46 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep
Re: 636 tank dent holes?

Originally Posted by T/C
Pretty much all i had ever messed with was bigger tanks... But when i was trying to find someone to weld my tank up for me i was told by all of are welders that they wont do it with out it being cut.. But im sure its just up to the person ... Hell my step dads brother welds pipe lines while they are still on fire
fuuuuuuuuuuck that
Old 05-11-2009, 12:55 PM
www.myspace.com/impaktech

Dick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by DSGSXR600
I was denting my tank and it got like three lil tiny holes on the cave'in part I've been trying to find someone to weld it but everyone is like I dont want to blow up type **** and I told people that its been dried out....... some people told me that I could go to autozone and buy some sort of sealer or something but i thought gas would eat things up........
go to any auto parts store and buy some gas tank epoxy,its a 2 part epoxy JUST like jb weld but it will withstand the gas and NEVER leak if you apply it over and inside the holesthrow that **** on,bondo smoothe your tank,paint it,surf grip it and go do some tank spreaders!!!!!
Old 05-11-2009, 01:47 PM

PeterNoggin is a decent person

dude told me 75 buck for it Im kinda like um yeah let me look around but I'll check out what loogie said the whole idea about cutting and weld like patch yeah not wanting to pay a arm and a leg
Old 05-11-2009, 04:35 PM
www.myspace.com/impaktech

Dick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud of

dude told me 75 buck for it Im kinda like um yeah let me look around but I'll check out what loogie said the whole idea about cutting and weld like patch yeah not wanting to pay a arm and a leg
trust me...it works...i was skeptical too but it never leaked a drop in a year
Old 05-11-2009, 05:06 PM
"Keep Your F4i's IDIOTS"

50slut will become famous soon enough

"DO NOT JB WELD IT"........i just tig welded up my boys 636 tank, same thing happened to his, i have welded on a dozen tanks and $75 is outrageous, that lil bity *** weld should take like 5-10mins to fix by a pro, trust me its what i do for a living
just pull the pump out and rinse it out with dishsoap and water like 10 times and it will be all good, then take it to a shop and tell em it was a brand new tank and its never had gas in it period!
oh yeah and when you do get it welded dont grind it back down to flush just take a grinder and knock the top off of it or else it will start to leak again.............

Last edited by 50slut; 05-11-2009 at 05:09 PM.
Old 05-11-2009, 05:38 PM
Naarden Bike Super Store

NAARDEN INC is a decent person

I will weld a bigger lip (The T-neck Lazy Boy Lip) on the backside and fix the holes for $125, finished and primered

to get painted a solid standard color is another $160

Most people with newer gsxr and crappy r6 tanks have been getting it done and love it, no more need for the surf pads that don't really last.

Let me know
Old 05-11-2009, 05:44 PM
Naarden Bike Super Store

Originally Posted by 50slut
"DO NOT JB WELD IT"........i just tig welded up my boys 636 tank, same thing happened to his, i have welded on a dozen tanks and $75 is outrageous, that lil bity *** weld should take like 5-10mins to fix by a pro, trust me its what i do for a living
just pull the pump out and rinse it out with dishsoap and water like 10 times and it will be all good, then take it to a shop and tell em it was a brand new tank and its never had gas in it period!
oh yeah and when you do get it welded dont grind it back down to flush just take a grinder and knock the top off of it or else it will start to leak again.............
Old 05-11-2009, 06:17 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by NAARDEN INC
oh my god thats a scary picture ...lol
imagine if he backed up and hit that board
Old 05-11-2009, 06:28 PM
T/C
Squid...

T/C has a spectacular aura aboutT/C has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by old man roger
oh my god thats a scary picture ...lol
imagine if he backed up and hit that board
"How many things can you find wrong with this picture"
Old 05-11-2009, 06:39 PM
also known as OMR

Originally Posted by T/C
a lot but the board scares me the most ....lol
Old 05-11-2009, 11:29 PM

Originally Posted by 50slut

Yeah I let them have it so they can weld it whatever I guess I'll pay for it and get it over with but hey I guess I need to pick up a new trade "Welder"

Good heads up on that dont knock off with the grinder I can just bondo over it right? Is there a specific bondo I have to use?
Old 05-11-2009, 11:40 PM
Naarden Bike Super Store

Originally Posted by T/C
those defiantly don't look like steel toed boots!
Old 05-11-2009, 11:41 PM

Originally Posted by t/c
"how many things can you find wrong with this picture"
no taillight or blinkers
Old 05-12-2009, 09:28 AM
T/C
Squid...

T/C has a spectacular aura aboutT/C has a spectacular aura about

no taillight or blinkers
I was wondering if anyone would notice that Anyone notice the rock holding the truck still?