new thrad on how my fan doesn't come on

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2009, 03:13 AM

skoh will become famous soon enough
new thrad on how my fan doesn't come on

yeah so my fan doesn't like to come on until about 240 degrees and sometimes even higher. what regulates this or negates this from happening.. discuss. thanks in advance.

Old 05-05-2009, 03:22 AM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep
Re: new thrad on how my fan doesn't come on

Originally Posted by skoh
yeah so my fan doesn't like to come on until about 240 degrees and sometimes even higher. what regulates this or negates this from happening.. discuss. thanks in advance.

there is a temperature sending unit on the lower left side of your radiator on an 03 04 636 it turns the fan on and usually doesnt go bad , you may be low on coolant so the sending unit isnt getting the correct temperature...

i have wired a switch in between the two wires going to my sending unit so i can turn the fan on when i want but if i forget to turn it on the sending unit will ..
Old 05-05-2009, 03:26 AM

excellent idea.. tutorial plz .. hah jk.. I'll have to figure this one out.. sounds pretty trivial and for big benefits.. well givein u dont forget to turn ur fan on
Old 05-05-2009, 03:30 AM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

if you forget the temperature sending unit will still turn it on at the factory setting ...

there are two wires going to the sending unit if you were to touch them together your fan will come on so just wire a toggle switch in between the two wires but leave them plugged into the sending unit ..
Old 05-05-2009, 03:37 AM

thanks roger, i'm gonna do this mod tomorrow.
Old 05-05-2009, 03:59 AM
also known as OMR

remember to check your coolant level
Old 05-05-2009, 04:24 AM

Hmmm yeah.. well my overflow bottle is empty.. coul dthat be why
Old 05-05-2009, 04:43 AM
Group Moderator

StrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for rep

do the switch mod
Old 05-05-2009, 05:47 AM
also known as OMR

you may have a coolant leak some where , very common for hoses to need re tightening after they have been removed and put back on
Old 05-06-2009, 04:30 PM
Never Good Enuff

chipottley is a decent person

Originally Posted by old man roger
if you forget the temperature sending unit will still turn it on at the factory setting ...

there are two wires going to the sending unit if you were to touch them together your fan will come on so just wire a toggle switch in between the two wires but leave them plugged into the sending unit ..
That is a great fu**ing idea! thank you!
Old 05-06-2009, 05:03 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

check inside the radiator

top it off with distilled water and/or antifreeze

If it's really low, or if you have ever drained the coolant, let the bike run with the radiator cap off tell it gets over 190f
Old 05-14-2009, 01:11 AM
myspace.com/atowncustoms

slidewayz89 is just really niceslidewayz89 is just really niceslidewayz89 is just really niceslidewayz89 is just really niceslidewayz89 is just really nice

So i need to do this to my 05 636 same thing i guess ill go get some wire and a switch tomorrow and give this a shot any idea what this will look like the little temp thing
Old 05-14-2009, 01:15 AM
also known as OMR

Originally Posted by slidewayz89
So i need to do this to my 05 636 same thing i guess ill go get some wire and a switch tomorrow and give this a shot any idea what this will look like the little temp thing
the 05 is different , you can still make it work the same way but you have to wire it different , sorry i have not done one so i cant tell you how but i do know the sending unit isnt on the radiator on the 05 it is on the left rear side of the cylinder
Old 05-16-2009, 02:20 PM
myspace.com/atowncustoms

slidewayz89 is just really niceslidewayz89 is just really niceslidewayz89 is just really niceslidewayz89 is just really niceslidewayz89 is just really nice

No **** does anyone know how to do it...well im sure they do but hopefully they will chime in.
Let me know if you figure it out omr
Old 05-16-2009, 02:46 PM

SliverR6 is an unknown quantity at this point

I wired my fan to a toggle on the 05 636. Connected the wires coming off the fan to a toggle and to the hot horn wire. Still comes on at 215 or whenever I use the toggle switch.