blew another f4i motor...

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2009, 07:24 PM

DirtyToes is a decent person
Re: blew another f4i motor...

Originally Posted by Towlieee
Yeah
The first times I pulled my oil pan off I didn't replace it

But I specifically pulled my pan back off in janurary and put a new gasket in, and still no difference, still lose pressure for a good 10+ seconds when I drop my bike

My problems all began when I installed a stuntex setup, and actually started watching my oil pressure... When I'd wreck I'd lose pressure for like 20 seconds, so I kept pulling my oil pan off to see if I did something wrong.. Ended up selling my stuntex setup, and still lose pressure for long periods of time
And then just now put that new o-ring gasket in, same bull ****

Worst it ever was, one day I parked in my friends yard, the kick stand sank, and my bike tipped over, it was on its side for probably 2 hours.
When I went to start it, it had NO PRESSURE for over 30 seconds! Probably close to a minute!! After about 30 seconds the valves and **** started making more noise then normal, then all the sudden the valves went quite and I got pressure

Next time I hit the lot imma push my friends bike over and leave it on the ground for a minute then see how long his takes to build pressure. I don't get whats wrong with my motor

damnit wrote another novel with this post

HAHAHAHHAHAH!

maybe you should try 10-40.

i've thought about the same thing...IMO there are only TWO possible reasons to why you'd lose pressure after you installed the pickup.

1. complete coincident
2. you have a air leak between the oil pan and the block

that might not make sense but that's the ONLY other thing i can think of.

p.s.s whille we are on the subject..my bar is past 12 also

Originally Posted by trid
dirty toes you have the worst luck possible. but you should become a dam f4i motor builder with all the experience you have. and towliee idk what the hell is wrong with your bike. mine will lose pressure when im back on my bar but my bar is at like 1 o'clock instead of twelve. but when i tip my bike on the side its good and doesnt loose pressure. thats weird if you figure it out lmk cause im really interested to know what it is.
ya, thats me
Old 04-21-2009, 07:52 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by DirtyToes

HAHAHAHHAHAH!

maybe you should try 10-40.

i've thought about the same thing...IMO there are only TWO possible reasons to why you'd lose pressure after you installed the pickup.

1. complete coincident
2. you have a air leak between the oil pan and the block

that might not make sense but that's the ONLY other thing i can think of.

p.s.s whille we are on the subject..my bar is past 12 also

ya, thats me

haha, Im not saying the pick up hurt me, its just when i put the pickup in, is when I actually started paying attention

It did let me hold the bike higher and hold pressure, but once I lost pressure, with or without the pickup, it takes forever to build it back up

Also I used to run rotella 15-40 for the longest time, but switched back to 10-30 when I started noticing oil pressure issues

+1 on the past 12 e-peen size
Old 04-21-2009, 08:19 PM

haha, Im not saying the pick up hurt me, its just when i put the pickup in, is when I actually started paying attention

It did let me hold the bike higher and hold pressure, but once I lost pressure, with or without the pickup, it takes forever to build it back up

Also I used to run rotella 15-40 for the longest time, but switched back to 10-30 when I started noticing oil pressure issues

+1 on the past 12 e-peen size
i was actually talking about my twelve o'clock bar...the one that's attached to my subframe on my motorcycle.

but if you wanna talk about dicks man...that's you....i'm not gonna judge.

*cough* you ****** homo *cough*

anyway, my mechanic was saying that basically 20-50- is too heavy for the oil pickup to even pick-up...so maybe 10-30 is TOO thin/light....try going back to 10-40.

Last edited by DirtyToes; 04-21-2009 at 08:26 PM.
Old 04-22-2009, 07:43 AM
cereal killa

poni can only hope to improve

dirty feet heres what ya do, GO BUY SOME HONEY COMBS AND SOME MILK..............then go fix ur engine
Old 04-22-2009, 10:15 AM
takingitbacktotheoldskool

RROCCO will become famous soon enoughRROCCO will become famous soon enough

i was actually talking about my twelve o'clock bar...the one that's attached to my subframe on my motorcycle.

but if you wanna talk about dicks man...that's you....i'm not gonna judge.

*cough* you ****** homo *cough*

anyway, my mechanic was saying that basically 20-50- is too heavy for the oil pickup to even pick-up...so maybe 10-30 is TOO thin/light....try going back to 10-40.

im pretty sure he was refering to who has the shorter 12 bar.
Old 04-22-2009, 10:38 AM
cereal killa

10-40 bro....... unless you have some additive that thins it out, stay with what the bike uses.
Old 04-23-2009, 05:56 AM

Originally Posted by poni
dirty feet heres what ya do, GO BUY SOME HONEY COMBS AND SOME MILK..............then go fix ur engine
**** you.

it's all about cocoa pebbles and fresh banana slices son! mmmmmmmmm

Originally Posted by RROCCO
im pretty sure he was refering to who has the shorter 12 bar.
then i'm guessing you didn't see the comment about the e-peen size.

Old 04-23-2009, 01:39 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

then i'm guessing you didn't see the comment about the e-peen size.

I was talking about all of us pointing out our bar was past 12, trying to improve our "e-peen" size
Old 04-23-2009, 03:47 PM
cereal killa

I LIKE COACOA PEBBLES BIT MY ABSOLUTE FAVORITEIS SUGAR CRISP...THAT CRAZY BEAR!.......my 12 is way past cause i'm doing coasters trying to lean that **** back to scrape the new paint off...it gets a bit squirrely....but i'm getting it
Old 04-23-2009, 04:16 PM

tidus10 is a decent person

i wouldnt be suprised to see your quote go up, he will need to re sleeve it most likely because when it seized it probably damaged the cylinder walls...

But if it stays the same you got a hella good deal and really in terms as being very unlucky you got lucky on that quote..

Good luck with the re-rebuild
Old 04-24-2009, 03:11 PM

I was talking about all of us pointing out our bar was past 12, trying to improve our "e-peen" size
http://www.4extenze.net/

Originally Posted by poni
I LIKE COACOA PEBBLES BIT MY ABSOLUTE FAVORITEIS SUGAR CRISP...THAT CRAZY BEAR!.......my 12 is way past cause i'm doing coasters trying to lean that **** back to scrape the new paint off...it gets a bit squirrely....but i'm getting it
"crazy bear"....AHAHAHAHA

i'm glad u didn't say "naughty bear" caz u would've sounded like a ***...and i would've prolly flew to canada and birtch slapped u.

Originally Posted by tidus10
i wouldnt be suprised to see your quote go up, he will need to re sleeve it most likely because when it seized it probably damaged the cylinder walls...

But if it stays the same you got a hella good deal and really in terms as being very unlucky you got lucky on that quote..

Good luck with the re-rebuild
you're right...i heard that from 2 other ppl too...i'm gonna take the motor apart myself...and see how much work it needs..if most of the parts are good, i'll have him re-build it.
Old 04-25-2009, 10:52 AM

wingforlife is a decent person

Not all people are created equal man. There are Riders and there are mechanics, and there are mechanics that can ride. From what I've read you can't wrench bro. Alot of people can't. I don't even know if you should change your own oil. I don't say this to be a dick but if you keep playin mechanic you might as well put a chalk board up in the garage to tally these motors.

That piece you lost was part of your connecting rod. Your CONNECTING ROD! That's what turns the crankshaft. If there are pieces of it or the piston still bopping around in your motor i can't imagine the carnage. Thats a shot block, a shot crank, shot bearings, shot everything any of those pieces touched on the way out, good luck getting all the metal shavings out of your head and block depending. Your whole motor is completely shot. If you want to salvage any of it, sell any of the decent pieces left on ebay. please by a new motor and save yourself some money in the long run. Then have a shop do the maintainence on your bike from now on so you aren't stuck with a busted bike. And yes i'm sure this has been a pricey lesson.

And like i said not being able to wrench isn't that bad cuz i know techs that couldn't clutch up in second with a gun to their head.
Old 04-25-2009, 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by wingforlife
Not all people are created equal man. There are Riders and there are mechanics, and there are mechanics that can ride. From what I've read you can't wrench bro. Alot of people can't. I don't even know if you should change your own oil. I don't say this to be a dick but if you keep playin mechanic you might as well put a chalk board up in the garage to tally these motors.

That piece you lost was part of your connecting rod. Your CONNECTING ROD! That's what turns the crankshaft. If there are pieces of it or the piston still bopping around in your motor i can't imagine the carnage. Thats a shot block, a shot crank, shot bearings, shot everything any of those pieces touched on the way out, good luck getting all the metal shavings out of your head and block depending. Your whole motor is completely shot. If you want to salvage any of it, sell any of the decent pieces left on ebay. please by a new motor and save yourself some money in the long run. Then have a shop do the maintainence on your bike from now on so you aren't stuck with a busted bike. And yes i'm sure this has been a pricey lesson.

And like i said not being able to wrench isn't that bad cuz i know techs that couldn't clutch up in second with a gun to their head.

ok.
Old 04-27-2009, 09:25 AM
cereal killa

bitch slapme? bring a compass and a map.......