blew another f4i motor...

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2009, 10:30 AM

DirtyToes is a decent person
Re: blew another f4i motor...

Originally Posted by poni
hahaha a con-rod...hahaha "what is this???" dirty feet you are the man...if i ever need anyhing blown to pieces i'll come see you, but that sucks bigtime bro! is that the engine you just put back together with thew head on it?
haha **** you, you ******* **** sucker! go eat ur cereal

and no, it's a different ******* motor on my OTHER f4i...**** this sucks.
Old 04-20-2009, 11:42 AM
cereal killa

poni can only hope to improve

Originally Posted by DirtyToes
haha **** you, you ******* **** sucker! go eat ur cereal

and no, it's a different ******* motor on my OTHER f4i...**** this sucks.

hey hey! what did i tell you about hatin on cereal?? yea io have a bowl right here next to my tool box. got me!

that really sucks man! is thre a hole in the engine...there is def' some internal damage if that connecting rod cap and bolts and some of the conrod came out with it.....

looks like you will need a block dude. ****! hatin the engine work man.
Old 04-20-2009, 12:52 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

You probably need a new crank, cause if your bearing fails, sometimes it'll scratch and ruin the crank surface

no headers, high idle....the bike ran rich...stretched the rod....later that night it snapped.

wait.

running open headers would LEAN it, not richen it

I still think its 20-50 oil, they design the bike to run on 10-30!

Hell even on 10-30, after scraping tail, or doing a coaster, my bike loses pressure for 10-15 seconds.. I'd hate to see how low of pressure your getting to your main bearings

(btw, thicker oil increase your oil pressure YES, but at the wrong places.. IT doens't matter if you have high oil pressure in front of your oil pump, you need that pressure to get to your bearings)

Last edited by Towlieee; 04-20-2009 at 12:54 PM.
Old 04-20-2009, 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by poni
hey hey! what did i tell you about hatin on cereal?? yea io have a bowl right here next to my tool box. got me!

that really sucks man! is thre a hole in the engine...there is def' some internal damage if that connecting rod cap and bolts and some of the conrod came out with it.....

looks like you will need a block dude. ****! hatin the engine work man.
this blows....i'm gonna rip it apart and see the extent of damage.

Originally Posted by Towlieee
You probably need a new crank, cause if your bearing fails, sometimes it'll scratch and ruin the crank surface

running open headers would LEAN it, not richen it

I still think its 20-50 oil, they design the bike to run on 10-30!

Hell even on 10-30, after scraping tail, or doing a coaster, my bike loses pressure for 10-15 seconds.. I'd hate to see how low of pressure your getting to your main bearings

(btw, thicker oil increase your oil pressure YES, but at the wrong places.. IT doens't matter if you have high oil pressure in front of your oil pump, you need that pressure to get to your bearings)
although what you're saying makes sense...i doubt it....because i've ran 20/50 many times on this bike before and have never had problems.

...the engine did have like 40k miles on it
Old 04-21-2009, 12:52 AM

towliee, i guess you may have been right...my mechanic said the same thing about the oil.

anyway, wat do you guys think of this rebuild deal:

Labor: $250
Head gasket: $50
Rod bearings: $100

Total: $400

...everything else including rods, crank...etc...i have for free.

and my mechanic warranties another 60k miles once he re-builds.

good deal?
Old 04-21-2009, 01:57 AM
Stunt Lifes Biggest Hater

Cworley is a decent person

I'd go for it..... especially if that includes puttin that bitch back in the bike and mounting everything up. but i'm sure it doesnt
Old 04-21-2009, 02:01 AM
Squid Supreme

stick1300 will become famous soon enough

i've ran 20/50 many times on this bike before and have never had problems.
Other than that one time it put a connecting rod into orbit
Old 04-21-2009, 02:03 AM

Originally Posted by stick1300
Other than that one time it put a connecting rod into orbit

i was thinking about saying that but figured i'd be a good guy....... thats a deserving
Old 04-21-2009, 02:11 AM

haha

you're both ********

Old 04-21-2009, 02:20 AM

haha

you're both ********

you gotta admit it's true..... but i'm not gonna rag on yah cause you tried to help me on my threads...... FYI still not solved.
Old 04-21-2009, 07:48 AM

skinnyR! is a decent person

Old 04-21-2009, 10:03 AM
cereal killa

poni can only hope to improve

Originally Posted by dirtytoes
haha

you're both ********

hahaha he speaks truth!
Old 04-21-2009, 10:36 AM
K5
I StiLL LivInG

K5 is a decent person

10w 30
Old 04-21-2009, 10:58 AM
Lit
I♥MyF4i.

Lit is a splendid one to beholdLit is a splendid one to beholdLit is a splendid one to beholdLit is a splendid one to beholdLit is a splendid one to beholdLit is a splendid one to beholdLit is a splendid one to behold

I just think you have horrable luck.
Old 04-21-2009, 12:16 PM
takingitbacktotheoldskool

RROCCO will become famous soon enoughRROCCO will become famous soon enough

well, the cases/block i can have my buddy weld up (ofcourse after i take it apart so the internals warp)

new headgasket i have

pistons and rods, i have...wouldn't you only need to replace ONE though? (the one that shot out)

bearings, i'm guessing by NEW?

why would i need a new crank?

...p.s. keep it mind the motor still SOMEHOW turns over and runs...no longer seized.

i would think the cylinder that snapped the rod would still be siezed so youre only running on 3 now.
Old 04-21-2009, 04:09 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

...the engine did have like 40k miles on it
Aye 40k, well then I wouldn't be SOO surprised it blew up personally.. My bike has around 34k on it, and I know it could go any day

towliee, i guess you may have been right...my mechanic said the same thing about the oil.

anyway, wat do you guys think of this rebuild deal:

Labor: $250
Head gasket: $50
Rod bearings: $100

Total: $400

...everything else including rods, crank...etc...i have for free.

and my mechanic warranties another 60k miles once he re-builds.

good deal?

I just always thought heavier weight oil wasn't good. I always hear people rave about how thicker oil helps clutches and makes valves quiet, but imo, I'd rather have a oil that makes my clutch slip then one that makes it grab harder! (IMO if it makes your clutch grab harder, its gonna make your bearings 'grab' harder also)
But thats just me guessing and making **** up

And even running 10-30, and I have a brand new oil pickup gasket, if I put my bike on the 12 bar, or lay it down, and it loses pressure for more then a few seconds, when I pick my bike up, it always has NO pressure for at LEAST 10 seconds, adn sometimes up to 20-30 seconds!
I've had my oil pump out of my bike twice, I've had the oil pan off 3-4 times, everything is perfect.. Bike just takes FOREVER to build pressure once it loses it

$400 doesn't sound too bad especially if hes going to warranty it! Better then spending $600-$1000 on another worn motor that could blow at any time
Old 04-21-2009, 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by Lit
I just think you have horrable luck.
yes...yes, that i do.

yesterday i found out I have to spend $2,000 on my truck.

life is great

haha

Originally Posted by Towlieee
Aye 40k, well then I wouldn't be SOO surprised it blew up personally.. My bike has around 34k on it, and I know it could go any day

I just always thought heavier weight oil wasn't good. I always hear people rave about how thicker oil helps clutches and makes valves quiet, but imo, I'd rather have a oil that makes my clutch slip then one that makes it grab harder! (IMO if it makes your clutch grab harder, its gonna make your bearings 'grab' harder also)
But thats just me guessing and making **** up

And even running 10-30, and I have a brand new oil pickup gasket, if I put my bike on the 12 bar, or lay it down, and it loses pressure for more then a few seconds, when I pick my bike up, it always has NO pressure for at LEAST 10 seconds, adn sometimes up to 20-30 seconds!
I've had my oil pump out of my bike twice, I've had the oil pan off 3-4 times, everything is perfect.. Bike just takes FOREVER to build pressure once it loses it

$400 doesn't sound too bad especially if hes going to warranty it! Better then spending $600-$1000 on another worn motor that could blow at any time
wait, i've never even heard of 10-30....i've always ran 10-40 from the honda dealership.

but ya, i guess i'm gonna with the rebuilt...i'll post up what happens afterwards.

...the only thing is idk what color/code beatings i have to buy...honda says there is 4...also, how many do i need? i'm guessing 8 and maybe 2 for the tranny ****?

p.s. i think you're the one that infact told me this....but did you replace the o-ring gasket on your oil pick-up filter? if you've opened it 4 times...then you better have spent $20-$30 on a 4 new o-ring/gasket.

Last edited by DirtyToes; 04-21-2009 at 05:23 PM.
Old 04-21-2009, 05:26 PM

...the only thing is idk what color/code beatings i have to buy...honda says there is 4...also, how many do i need? i'm guessing 8 and maybe 2 for the tranny ****?

p.s. i think you're the one that infact told me this....but did you replace the o-ring gasket on your oil pick-up filter? if you've opened it 4 times...then you better have spent $20-$30 on a 4 new o-ring/gasket.
Yeah
The first times I pulled my oil pan off I didn't replace it

But I specifically pulled my pan back off in janurary and put a new gasket in, and still no difference, still lose pressure for a good 10+ seconds when I drop my bike

My problems all began when I installed a stuntex setup, and actually started watching my oil pressure... When I'd wreck I'd lose pressure for like 20 seconds, so I kept pulling my oil pan off to see if I did something wrong.. Ended up selling my stuntex setup, and still lose pressure for long periods of time
And then just now put that new o-ring gasket in, same bull ****

Worst it ever was, one day I parked in my friends yard, the kick stand sank, and my bike tipped over, it was on its side for probably 2 hours.
When I went to start it, it had NO PRESSURE for over 30 seconds! Probably close to a minute!! After about 30 seconds the valves and **** started making more noise then normal, then all the sudden the valves went quite and I got pressure

Next time I hit the lot imma push my friends bike over and leave it on the ground for a minute then see how long his takes to build pressure. I don't get whats wrong with my motor

damnit wrote another novel with this post
Old 04-21-2009, 05:47 PM

trid is a decent person

dirty toes you have the worst luck possible. but you should become a dam f4i motor builder with all the experience you have. and towliee idk what the hell is wrong with your bike. mine will lose pressure when im back on my bar but my bar is at like 1 o'clock instead of twelve. but when i tip my bike on the side its good and doesnt loose pressure. thats weird if you figure it out lmk cause im really interested to know what it is.
Old 04-21-2009, 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by trid
dirty toes you have the worst luck possible. but you should become a dam f4i motor builder with all the experience you have. and towliee idk what the hell is wrong with your bike. mine will lose pressure when im back on my bar but my bar is at like 1 o'clock instead of twelve. but when i tip my bike on the side its good and doesnt loose pressure. thats weird if you figure it out lmk cause im really interested to know what it is.
my bike is past 12 also

It's fine as long as I only lose pressure for like 5 seconds... but if I park it on the bar, or leave it on the ground where it doens't have pressure for like 10+ seconds, then it STAYS without pressure when its back on 2 wheels

Quick Reply: blew another f4i motor...