Rear axle is stuck...need some help

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2009, 07:22 PM

dizzie56 is an unknown quantity at this point
Rear axle is stuck...need some help

havin a lil prob tryin to do some maintenance on the bike. need to take off the rear tire to change the sprocket and the damn rear axle is stuck. been beatin the hell outa it and it aint budgin. weird thing is is that i can turn the tire, and i can wiggle the axle left and right a lil bit so im not sure what its jammed up on. any ideas besides just keep beatin it?
Old 04-11-2009, 08:01 PM

Righteous 1 has a spectacular aura aboutRighteous 1 has a spectacular aura about
Re: Rear axle is stuck...need some help

I guess i'll state the obvious. Pound it back through like you were going to put the nut back on, and try again...
Old 04-11-2009, 09:44 PM

tried that. when i hit it from the side with the nut on it, it moves like 2mm, maybe. gonna try hittin it wit a heavier sledge hammer and a 2x4 and see if it works. any ideas on what it could be seazed up on?
Old 04-11-2009, 11:51 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

it's probably bent

You ARE trying to beat it out with NO weight on the rear tire right?

And you are making sure to lift the rear tire so it can 'slide' out?

Also if its this hard to come out, DONT put it back in... It's bent or something else is bent, once you get it out, figure out whats wrong, do NOT reassemble it or you could end up with a bigger mess in a few months

And if your beating on it, I hope your either using a punch, or beating on it with the nut on the end, DONT BEAT THE THREADS! Just had to replace my frineds 600rr axle cause he beat the threads to ****
Old 04-12-2009, 10:22 AM

was beatin it with a rubber mallet and the nut on. gonna try a heavier hammer with the nut on and a 2x4. hope to hell it aint bent. guess ill see when i finally get it out of there. anybody got an extra rear axle for an 05 cbr1000rr?
Old 04-14-2009, 01:44 PM

shoyass is a decent person

Sounds like its really dry and possible bent. Spray some WD-40 on it. Thread the nut back on it a couple of threads and hit it a few times. Then tap it back the opposite direction. and repeat untill you can get it out.
Old 04-14-2009, 01:45 PM
"Keep Your F4i's IDIOTS"

50slut will become famous soon enough

just go ride it
Old 04-14-2009, 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by 50slut
just go ride it
wish i could, but hard to do with lil nubs for a rear sprocket

thanks for the help. gonna try again to get it out tonight after i get off of work and see if it all works out. worse comes to worse, will have to bring it in to honda to check it out. hate for that to happen, never brought the bike in before and dont want to start now.
Old 04-14-2009, 04:11 PM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep

**** a rubber mallet. a socket extender and a steel hammer to hit it with is what you need.
Old 04-17-2009, 02:54 AM

DirtyDaleRyder is a decent person

sounds like its just REALLY dry...i had one at work do that, sprayed it down with lube and let it set for awhile then just beat it out
check and make sure its not bent and then put grease on it when you go to put it back in, makes it easier to get in and easier to remove when you have to pull the wheel again
Old 04-17-2009, 02:57 AM
SEAT SPREADER COMBOS

burnoutnut has a spectacular aura aboutburnoutnut has a spectacular aura aboutburnoutnut has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by shoyass
Sounds like its really dry and possible bent. Spray some WD-40 on it. Thread the nut back on it a couple of threads and hit it a few times. Then tap it back the opposite direction. and repeat untill you can get it out.

this works..... it took me an hour to get mine out coz it was just really dry

wd-40 and hitting it like shoyass said and it will eventully come out
Old 04-17-2009, 12:32 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

IF your axle is that dry, and you want to reuse it, MAKE SURE you lube it up GOOD..

Also if your axle doesn't slide easily cause it has build up on it, you can use a fine grit sand paper (600 or finer) to sand the axle to remove some of the build up