What's The Best Stock GSXR Damper For The 03/04 636???

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2009, 10:31 AM
www.krazywhiteboys.com

KrazyWhite Rich is a decent person
What's The Best Stock GSXR Damper For The 03/04 636???

I'm looking to add a stock GSXR damper to my bike. I already have a stock GSXR 1000 damper (at least this is what the eBay listing stated) and it's too long/short that I lose the turning radius. When I had it on 2 years ago I thought that it was too long but then why would it limit the turning? So I'm guessing that it's short.

So I'm looking to see what people are exactly running so I can buy one.
Old 04-06-2009, 10:36 AM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep
Re: What's The Best Stock GSXR Damper For The 03/04 636???

if it limits your turning, then its mounted wrong

And to answer your question, all years since 01 have almost the exact same measurements. And they all are completely useless with the stock fluid in there, you have to change the fluid to some pretty heavy stuff to see any results. IMO - buy an aftermarket adjustable one.
Old 04-06-2009, 10:44 AM
www.krazywhiteboys.com

Originally Posted by MikeM

And to answer your question, all years since 01 have almost the exact same measurements. And they all are completely useless with the stock fluid in there, you have to change the fluid to some pretty heavy stuff to see any results. IMO - buy an aftermarket adjustable one.
i have 20 or 25 wt oil in the stock on that i had on before. the mounting location might be the problem but the one i have is a few inches longer than the ones that my friends are running.

i also have a scotts on my bike now but we all know how they are.
i'm just looking to improve the scotts.
Old 04-06-2009, 10:45 AM
www.krazywhiteboys.com

Originally Posted by MikeM

what's with the bike you're rocking??? 2010 Mack Titan? Are you driving on of them for real? (i obviously know this isn't your bike)
Old 04-06-2009, 10:56 AM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by KrazyWhite Rich
i have 20 or 25 wt oil in the stock on that i had on before. the mounting location might be the problem but the one i have is a few inches longer than the ones that my friends are running.

i also have a scotts on my bike now but we all know how they are.
i'm just looking to improve the scotts.
i had 90 in my gixxer damper for a while. it worked, but was really hard to make turns on the street. then i switched to 70wt, but started getting headshake again. Then i switched to 55 wt AND a scotts. That was perfect imo, crank it up for endos, easy to turn down for street riding.
Old 04-06-2009, 10:58 AM
bp chaser

Originally Posted by KrazyWhite Rich
what's with the bike you're rocking??? 2010 Mack Titan? Are you driving on of them for real? (i obviously know this isn't your bike)
a bunch of us on here play this online truck driving game. That was my truck in australia, now in in america driving an 09 kenworth