F4i Neutral switch bypass

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2009, 10:01 PM

Sikgixxer750 is an unknown quantity at this point
F4i Neutral switch bypass

I just changed the bars on my f4i and decided to take off the turn signal/horn box. The only problem is there are those two connections that need to plug into the clutch. I am assuming this is the neutral switch. Can I just jump those two black connections by using a paper clip and then electric taping it together? what are you guys doing?
Old 04-05-2009, 10:06 PM
Xtreme Fury Stunter

Cream Cheese will become famous soon enoughCream Cheese will become famous soon enough
Re: F4i Neutral switch bypass

yea that will work. but thats the clutch safty switch. the nuetral switch is under the front sprocket. just un clip it but if u have a gauge it will always show its in nuetral than u can start it in gear!
Old 04-05-2009, 10:20 PM

Sikgixxer750 is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks. So what you saying is that if I unplug those two it will always light up green neutral on my gauges no matter what gear I am in? Or just until I start it?
Old 04-05-2009, 10:59 PM
Xtreme Fury Stunter

Cream Cheese will become famous soon enoughCream Cheese will become famous soon enough

no the two wires is ur clutch safty so u dont have to pull it in to start it.

the other will light up green the whoole time
Old 04-05-2009, 11:40 PM
NealFoReal

OnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for rep

Theres 2 wires that you jump on your main harness to get it to start in any gear after removing the switch. Then like he mentioned you have your kickstand switch which you just cut and connect those wires together. If you want me to check which 2 wires it was on the main harness to be able to start in any gear, lemme know. Just pm me and I can check it out for you tomorrow night.