FUCK MY LIFE....blew f4i motor

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2009, 06:24 AM

DirtyToes is a decent person
**** MY LIFE....blew f4i motor

let me start by saying this is NOT my "stunt" bike....tho it HAS an oil pick-up and has only seen a few highway wheelies.

i'm sure most of you in this section read my other threads on "ticking sound", and "f4i transmission" and "blown head gaket".

this is the same bike....this ************ is cursed

anyway, after 3 months of putting **** back together, i take it for a spin....it runs, but like ****...i could not pow pow wheelie it...and when i clutched it to balance point, it started losing power and wanted to come down..

1/2 mile later we stop to eat...30 mins later i turn on the bike and the oil pressure light + the red light(next to green neutral light) will not stop blinking.

tho i noticed when i rev it, oil pressure is fine, so like a retard, i crank up the idle and jump on the freeway.

i hit rev limiter in first gear except it sounded like the rev-limiter didn't work and the bike continued to 15k...etc rpm...(i diddn't hear the na-na-na-na..")

anyway, i pull in the clutch, WOT...it hits the limiter, but then dies..

i pull over and the side of the freeway, and the motor won't turn.

push it back 2 miles to my garage (my buddy pushed it with his leg on the peg...east coast style)

drained the oil...very little (if any) shaving.

took off the clutch cover...could not manually turn the motor...seaized/stuck/blown?

and i'm scared to take off the cams because the motor isn't at TDC.

SOMEONE PLEASE GIVE ME POSSIBLE GOOD NEWS?!

p.s. the ONLY thing i did out of the ordinary to the bike was that i replaced the washer behind the cam chain guide to a thinker one...maybe twice as thick...(not the orange guide...the black guide that the tentioner pushes against.

Last edited by DirtyToes; 04-02-2009 at 06:41 AM.
Old 04-02-2009, 06:52 AM
WWW.Sickinnovations.com

Suicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to behold
Re: **** MY LIFE....blew f4i motor

sounds like a rod bearing went
Old 04-02-2009, 07:28 AM

skinnyR! is a decent person

I love how you decide to bang it off the limiter in an attempt to "fix" it since it wasn't running right.
Old 04-02-2009, 07:57 AM
Soup Mafia

Ethiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by skinnyR!
I love how you decide to bang it off the limiter in an attempt to "fix" it since it wasn't running right.

gotta clear out the bad stuff.
Old 04-02-2009, 08:38 AM
J Blox

frayz has a spectacular aura aboutfrayz has a spectacular aura aboutfrayz has a spectacular aura about

I had a truck that that actually worked in. I decided "**** it either ima have fun blowing it up or it will clear out"...
Old 04-02-2009, 08:41 AM
Soup Mafia

Ethiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to behold

do it to my s-10 all the time, what a peice of **** truck i have.
Old 04-02-2009, 04:51 PM

i wasn't thinking straight....and i was kind of in a rush to get to an audition.

Originally Posted by Suicidl
sounds like a rod bearing went
meaning I should buy a new motor? ...or is it worth trying to fix?
Old 04-02-2009, 04:54 PM
Soup Mafia

buying a motor and swapping them out is easier.
Old 04-02-2009, 04:57 PM
Certified

Bray has a brilliant futureBray has a brilliant futureBray has a brilliant futureBray has a brilliant futureBray has a brilliant futureBray has a brilliant futureBray has a brilliant futureBray has a brilliant futureBray has a brilliant futureBray has a brilliant futureBray has a brilliant future

i had to do that last week with my f4i, i had to hold it WOT just for it to idle, then the idle grew bigger and a flame shot out the exhaust, and then it was magically fixed, i have no clue wtf happend...
Old 04-02-2009, 08:12 PM

Dat_Boi is a decent person

Originally Posted by DirtyToes
meaning I should buy a new motor? ...or is it worth trying to fix?

Dude it sounds like u been down this road to much with this motor. Pull it, Buy another motor keep the old 1 for parts. Or part it out and get some of ur money back for the other motor u buy. Thats my
Old 04-02-2009, 09:30 PM

ya that's what i thought you guys would say.

if anyone local has a motor, hit me up.