Lean f4i to left to start????????????????

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2009, 06:24 PM

JohnR is an unknown quantity at this point
Lean f4i to left to start????????????????

ok....strange scenario...my bike starts fine until it gets hot.. after that everytime i stall, it wont start until i lean the bike way to the left. ive searched the site and saw a few threads with the same prob, but nothin concrete on how to fix it.....can someone help me out???
Old 03-30-2009, 06:31 PM
Soup Mafia

Ethiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to behold
Re: Lean f4i to left to start????????????????

friend had the same problem, changed stator and rectifier and it didnt work. swapped the whole harness one day becuase it got fried and his bike has never done it since, he used to have to lay the bike on its cage for it to start when it got real hot, **** was weird hahaha.
Old 03-30-2009, 06:33 PM
Soup Mafia

Ethiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to behold

also he checked kickstand and tip sensor and that didnt work either.
Old 03-30-2009, 06:48 PM
NealFoReal

OnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for rep

My bike wouldnt start when hot but I never tried leaning it over. I swapped the wiring harness finally after months of madness and it started right up hot or cold
Old 03-30-2009, 08:54 PM

Turtle will become famous soon enoughTurtle will become famous soon enough

sounds like a short in your harness....I was wondering why you were doing that at the spot. Hit up Bud, he may have a solution for you
Old 03-30-2009, 09:49 PM

B0arder606 is an unknown quantity at this point

why spend the money to swap the harness....just pull it of and start peeling off shrink wrap **** and find the short haha. Im poor as **** though so. . .
Old 03-30-2009, 10:17 PM

JohnR is an unknown quantity at this point

cool, i guess ill check the harness out....i still dont get why leaning in makes it start...lol
Old 03-31-2009, 07:43 AM
Soup Mafia

there was a tear in my freinds harness near the tip sensor plug in, maybe check there first.
Old 03-31-2009, 10:26 AM
NealFoReal

OnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by B0arder606
why spend the money to swap the harness....just pull it of and start peeling off shrink wrap **** and find the short haha. Im poor as **** though so. . .
I had an extra harness so I used it but prior to that I looked over all the exposed wiring on the harness and didnt see anything wrong with it I was too lazy to rip all the tape off seeing as I had a harness to try.
Old 03-31-2009, 12:02 PM
Soup Mafia

Originally Posted by OnEWhEeLNEAL
I had an extra harness so I used it but prior to that I looked over all the exposed wiring on the harness and didnt see anything wrong with it I was too lazy to rip all the tape off seeing as I had a harness to try.
+1, and i dont have the patience to go through a wiring harness. i would rather spend the money and swap them and be done with it.
Old 03-31-2009, 12:56 PM
NealFoReal

Originally Posted by Ethiopian
+1, and i dont have the patience to go through a wiring harness. i would rather spend the money and swap them and be done with it.
Word. one day when i got nothing to do maybe ill take apart the old one to see if i can find anything wrong with it but i dunno lol. i gotta be really bored to do that.
Old 03-31-2009, 01:53 PM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of

How did you figure out that it would start if you leaned it way over? What kinda troubleshooting is that anyways?
Old 03-31-2009, 04:17 PM
Soup Mafia

i think zac was just mad and threw it down and tried to start it on the ground for some reason hahahaha. i never wanted to ride his bike because i was afraid it would shut off with no warning.
Old 03-31-2009, 04:36 PM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Ethiopian
i think zac was just mad and threw it down and tried to start it on the ground for some reason hahahaha. i never wanted to ride his bike because i was afraid it would shut off with no warning.
Thats what my f4i used to do. It scares me to this day and I git a 636 now