Hole in seat question

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2009, 08:07 PM
NealFoReal

OnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for rep
Hole in seat question

I wanna cut a hole in my seat. I read this thread that HoHey posted a while back which has step by step pictures on how he did it. He removed the vinyl or whatever it is from the seat and foam and cut the hole as you can see in the link below. Just curious if most of you did it that way or can you still have a decent looking hole cut out if you dont remove that stuff and just cut from the bottom and then through the vinyl? Appreciate any feedback from those of you who did it

https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/281...i+seat+cut+out
Old 03-29-2009, 09:15 PM
Group Moderator

StrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for rep
Re: Hole in seat question

i took the stock seat cover off, cut the foam, cut the seat pan...

measured new vinyl to match the stock seat cover. matched it up and cut hole out of new vinyl to match the seat hole.

Then i took extra vinyl and sowed around the hole in the new vinyl. And put it all on
Name:  IMG_0564.jpg
Views: 807
Size:  88.7 KB
Old 03-29-2009, 09:17 PM
NealFoReal

OnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by StrictlyStunt
i took the stock seat cover off, cut the foam, cut the seat pan...

measured new vinyl to match the stock seat cover. matched it up and cut hole out of new vinyl to match the seat hole.

Then i took extra vinyl and sowed around the hole in the new vinyl. And put it all on
So if I wasnt gonna use new vinyl, should I still remove whats on the seat like hohey did and then put it back on. I think it would come out cleaner looking doing it that way but wasnt sure how most people did it
Old 03-29-2009, 10:48 PM
Group Moderator

StrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for rep

i used new vinyl. Marine vinyl, like they use for boat seats.
Old 03-29-2009, 10:49 PM
NealFoReal

gotcha but im saying if i just use the same **** thats on my seat now, i should probably take it off anyway to get a nice clean hole and get the existing material in there good?
Old 03-29-2009, 10:50 PM
NealFoReal

Eh my seats are lookin haggered anyway so maybe Ill pick some new material up to redo them *****.
Old 03-29-2009, 11:55 PM
MERK STEP UGHHHHHH

*trix* is infamous around these parts*trix* is infamous around these parts

if you dont redo it, the way I did mine was to measure out where I wanted to cut the hole out and cut v's into the middle if the square from corner to middle, corner to middleand folded the flaps in afterwards
Old 03-30-2009, 12:01 AM
MERK STEP UGHHHHHH

oo and I didnt remove my foam separatly I just used the original hole my seat had on the bottom in the middle and jabbed a dremmel blade in and went to work on the foam and plastic in one shot
Old 03-30-2009, 12:04 AM
NealFoReal

Word. Good lookin. Just trying to get different opinions. I never really looked at your seat to see how nicely it was done. I just dont want my **** fallin apart after a few weeks. Id like the vinyl to stay put and not be rippin out
Old 03-30-2009, 12:30 AM
MERK STEP UGHHHHHH

my seat kinda looks like doo doo till I actually do the **** nice youll see it the next time we are out
Old 03-30-2009, 01:27 AM

jono mono is a decent person

on my old R1 i didnt take my seat apart , just cut through the foam,cut a X in the material and then glued in back together

Name:  IMGP0642.jpg
Views: 215
Size:  63.7 KB

Name:  IMGP0643.jpg
Views: 241
Size:  84.6 KB
Old 03-30-2009, 02:33 PM
NealFoReal

**** that hole looks a little narrow like your foot might get stuck I like the glue though holding the vinyl down.
Old 03-30-2009, 03:05 PM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of

Mine looks like **** but I don't care
Old 03-30-2009, 03:09 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

Btw if you wanna cover it cheap and SUPER EASY, pick up some fabric form a fabric store

like $1-$2 in fabric is plenty for your seat, and fabric stretches super easy, plus then you can change the color monthly if you want

Vinyl defintiely looks dope.. But I can't sew (sp?) and I didn't think I could do a good job with vinyl, so I just always throw fabric on mine

Aye I do'nt have ANY good pics of mine when it was done in fabric.. But heres a shitty picture when it was dirty
Old 03-30-2009, 03:12 PM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of

^ That tire is poo poo
Old 03-30-2009, 03:14 PM
NealFoReal

Originally Posted by -sketchy-
mine looks like **** but i don't care
Old 03-30-2009, 03:15 PM
NealFoReal

Hmmmm fabric. Good idea and should be easier like you said.
Old 03-30-2009, 03:15 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by -SKETCHY-
^ That tire is poo poo
If thats the tire I remember it being (the 190 harley tire)

then that tire I burned out daily on for BLOCKS AND BLOCKS for over 3 months.. I pulled it off and STILL put it back into my spare tire pile!

But yes, it was garbage. Thats the reason I went down in a turn at 55, just felt it slide out from under me

If that is the tire I'm thinking of, I got a stack of 4 of them in the garage
Old 03-30-2009, 09:47 PM

B0arder606 is an unknown quantity at this point

How do you get grip on that tank? Its probabaly one of the worst dents ive seen haha. no offense
Old 03-30-2009, 10:41 PM

Josh911R6 is a splendid one to beholdJosh911R6 is a splendid one to beholdJosh911R6 is a splendid one to beholdJosh911R6 is a splendid one to beholdJosh911R6 is a splendid one to beholdJosh911R6 is a splendid one to beholdJosh911R6 is a splendid one to beholdJosh911R6 is a splendid one to behold

Fur it out!

Quick Reply: Hole in seat question