636 fork adj. ???

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2009, 06:25 PM
IV
"bitchen"

IV will become famous soon enough
636 fork adj. ???

can anybody tell me what screw or nut does what on the 636 forks? compression/pre-load/rebound
my **** bottoms out when i roll stoppies. im pretty sure i wanna stiffen the preload and maybe the compression as well. just dont know what screw or nut to turn. any help is much appreciated. thanks in advance.
-milt
Old 03-28-2009, 07:01 PM

John LegionST is a decent person
Re: 636 fork adj. ???

Preload is on the top of the fork, its a 14mm or 19mm or something like that depending on what year forks you have, there are little lines on that adjuster that will go into the forks when you tighten them

Rebound is the top clicker that you adjust with a flathead screw driver

Compression is the bottom clicker all the way down by the axle

Tighten up the Preload on the spring a little bit, slow the rebound down a little (2 or so clicks to the right, like you are tightening something), and maybe stillen up the comp a little.

this is all assuming that your forks are in good working order, if all your fluid leaked out or something like that they will obviously bottom easy and will need to be serviced before adjusting.

hope that helps
Old 03-28-2009, 07:12 PM
IV
"bitchen"

IV will become famous soon enough
Re: 636 fork adj. ???

Originally Posted by John LegionST
Preload is on the top of the fork, its a 14mm or 19mm or something like that depending on what year forks you have, there are little lines on that adjuster that will go into the forks when you tighten them

Rebound is the top clicker that you adjust with a flathead screw driver

Compression is the bottom clicker all the way down by the axle

Tighten up the Preload on the spring a little bit, slow the rebound down a little (2 or so clicks to the right, like you are tightening something), and maybe stillen up the comp a little.

this is all assuming that your forks are in good working order, if all your fluid leaked out or something like that they will obviously bottom easy and will need to be serviced before adjusting.

hope that helps
john legion, i love you sir. that is exactly what i needed to know. i had already gone and got the 22mm socket for that top nut. its big on the 05 fork. time to go stiffen this **** up supercross style!