Locked up

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2009, 02:24 PM

Sargentronco is a decent person
Locked up

Alright, so i was tighten my ccam chain and Now my Shi*s locked up...
I have the valve cover and everything off right now....What Am I looking for to get it unlocked? Any Sugestions? And Am I right that if you put it in 6th gear you should be able to rotate te rear tire with your hands?And If not its locked? Just makes a Click noise when I try to start it, Was Workin erfect just had the deisel sound for a few...Please HELP ASAP> ITS A NICE DAY I WANNA RIDE Thanks

98 gsxr 750-
Old 03-15-2009, 02:27 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep
Re: Locked up

sure your battery isn't just dead ? if not loosen the cct
Old 03-15-2009, 02:35 PM

I have the CCT Bolt all the Way out, and I charged the batt up yesterday.

Do you know about rotating the tire in 6th?
Old 03-15-2009, 03:03 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by Sargentronco
I have the CCT Bolt all the Way out, and I charged the batt up yesterday.

Do you know about rotating the tire in 6th?
it would still be hard to turn the motor over by hand even in sixth gear , put a set of jumper cables on it and see if it turns over , if you use a car to jump start it don't start the car
Old 03-15-2009, 03:05 PM

do I have to Put the Valve cover and Gas Tank And Everything Back On? Or Can I jus put the Valve cover back on to see if it turns over. Or do I even Have to do that???
Old 03-15-2009, 03:06 PM

sik954rr is a decent person

+1 on not starting the car.. made that mistake lol
Old 03-15-2009, 03:08 PM
also known as OMR

you can do it with the bike apart just to see if the thing turns over , i would snug the cct down by hand just so there is a little tension on the chain so it doesn't skip a tooth
Old 03-15-2009, 03:13 PM

Alright, Ill go try it and let you know what happens
Old 03-15-2009, 03:27 PM

Jus tried it....Same thing....Just Click....
Old 03-15-2009, 03:28 PM

Fuel Pump Primes and Everything strong.
Old 03-15-2009, 03:29 PM
also known as OMR

i suspect you may have forgot to hook some thing back up when you took it apart but with out being there to look at it my self i doubt i will be much help sorry ...

the bike ran fine before you changed the cct?
Old 03-15-2009, 03:32 PM

i didnt change the CCt. I was tighten in.....The Blind Way. Then I loosened it all the way out to tighten hand tight again....Started it..shut it off....Wen tinside. came back out tio start it again to adjust it and It just Clicked
Old 03-15-2009, 03:34 PM
also known as OMR

hhhmmmm im stumped ...sorry
Old 03-15-2009, 03:36 PM

think it could possibly be the solenoide? And also. do you know excatly how much oil I am suppose to have. Or how much it is suppose to read on the Glass
Old 03-15-2009, 03:41 PM
also known as OMR

i like to fill mine just to the top of the site glass for wheelies

and sure it could be the solenoid but like i said with out being there to look at it myself i don't think i will be much help ....
Old 03-15-2009, 03:45 PM

Alright, Well If you think of any thing lemme knwo. I have been on this since 8 this mornin. its 3 now lol
Old 03-15-2009, 03:46 PM

And Actually, I did hook it up to a 75 amp Jump start for like twenty seconds and then Tried to start it. Would that be bad
Old 03-15-2009, 03:52 PM
also known as OMR

And Actually, I did hook it up to a 75 amp Jump start for like twenty seconds and then Tried to start it. Would that be bad
ya that could be bad ....lol
Old 03-15-2009, 03:55 PM

haha Fu* so I am thinkin it could just be the solenoide then...But It still wont turn in 6th??
Old 03-15-2009, 03:59 PM
also known as OMR

haha Fu* so I am thinkin it could just be the solenoide then...But It still wont turn in 6th??
have you tried pushing the bike with the clutch in and then letting the clutch out to see if the motor turns ?

Quick Reply: Locked up