07/08 zx6 FI light

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2009, 01:08 AM

Ponis is an unknown quantity at this point
07/08 zx6 FI light

My FI light is flashing. Recently just hooked up the power commander and took it for a ride for the first time tonight... Idle cranked up to 3,500 rpms... ( in neutral it ides fine. ) Once i put it in gear it bogs bad... like it will go from 3,500 to 3,000 and sound nasty...

If unplugged the power commander and still does the same.... i go tomorrow to get it tuned.. just thought id ask you guys first to see if it was something easy to fix..

get at me.
Old 03-01-2009, 12:51 AM
crunchy buckets!! oh ****

whitehendrix is a decent person
Re: 07/08 zx6 FI light

pull the code and see!!

i know on most "older" 6-R/636's and 10-R's theres a wire that gets shorted in a specici pattern to ground to access the ECU's on-board diagnostics.. assumming it's the same deal (and you have or have access to a manual) you can do that **** yourself and save getting fucked at the stealership.

i don't have that **** in front of me or have a manual on PDF (looking tho to keep on file at the shop) otherwise i'd hook it up.

hopefully it's just a miswired sensor or something stupid.

whatever it was, you've faulted a major code bein that it doesn't self-reset. most ECU's will self reset when the problem goes away and store it in the data registry for a fault history.

can you see the TPS value move thru its range on both the PC unit and the computer screen? if theres a screwed TPS value it'll fault out.

not sure where else to go at this time man.. sorry. good luck!
Old 03-01-2009, 10:21 PM

Originally Posted by whitehendrix
pull the code and see!!

i know on most "older" 6-R/636's and 10-R's theres a wire that gets shorted in a specici pattern to ground to access the ECU's on-board diagnostics.. assumming it's the same deal (and you have or have access to a manual) you can do that **** yourself and save getting fucked at the stealership.

i don't have that **** in front of me or have a manual on PDF (looking tho to keep on file at the shop) otherwise i'd hook it up.

hopefully it's just a miswired sensor or something stupid.

whatever it was, you've faulted a major code bein that it doesn't self-reset. most ECU's will self reset when the problem goes away and store it in the data registry for a fault history.

can you see the TPS value move thru its range on both the PC unit and the computer screen? if theres a screwed TPS value it'll fault out.

not sure where else to go at this time man.. sorry. good luck!

Old 03-01-2009, 11:41 PM

any luck boss?
Old 03-02-2009, 08:57 AM
J Blox

frayz has a spectacular aura aboutfrayz has a spectacular aura aboutfrayz has a spectacular aura about

Welcome to the world of riding an 07. It sucks ***. LOL
Old 03-02-2009, 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by whitehendrix
any luck boss?
im being told its my servo???
i have the yosh slip on... everyone is telln me dont use it. stay stock and the bike will be fine.
Old 03-02-2009, 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by frayz
Welcome to the world of riding an 07. It sucks ***. LOL
what didnt you like about it holms? Only thing i dont like right now is how the damn bike in high rpm's ( even with the idle at 3,500 with a 60th sprocket ) feels like it has no idle lol... i think that has to do with the exhaust situation ( servo )
Old 03-02-2009, 11:21 PM
J Blox

frayz has a spectacular aura aboutfrayz has a spectacular aura aboutfrayz has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Ponis
what didnt you like about it holms? Only thing i dont like right now is how the damn bike in high rpm's ( even with the idle at 3,500 with a 60th sprocket ) feels like it has no idle lol... i think that has to do with the exhaust situation ( servo )
I was also rocking a 60T on my. I really disliked the bike but I have a lil diff riding style than alot of people(i dont like high idle or HUGE sprockets)

The bike has no GUTS at all. You have to give it **** to get it to come up, then it doesn't chug on idle it more or less dies. Then the huge sprocket you have to have engine brakes too much then u look choppy. If the bike falls in front of balance at all there is ABSOLUTELY no power to bring it back. I'm not the greatest rider by no means, but I just didnt like the feel. Oh that and the space between the seat and the clip ons feels shorter than my 05(im tall so it kinda matters)

**** I even tried to drag race that bike down my street one time...thing feels like its missing up til 6000 then gets stupid.

I know theres alot of people rocking them and they do good on them. TO ME the bike feels like doo doo.

**Oh also I had stock pipe. Was rocking 3,500-4000 rpms. Thats what another guy around my area rolls his at**I have heard to get the bike to have some *** you have to do full exhaust, intake, Power COmmander**
Old 03-03-2009, 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by frayz
I was also rocking a 60T on my. I really disliked the bike but I have a lil diff riding style than alot of people(i dont like high idle or HUGE sprockets)

The bike has no GUTS at all. You have to give it **** to get it to come up, then it doesn't chug on idle it more or less dies. Then the huge sprocket you have to have engine brakes too much then u look choppy. If the bike falls in front of balance at all there is ABSOLUTELY no power to bring it back. I'm not the greatest rider by no means, but I just didnt like the feel. Oh that and the space between the seat and the clip ons feels shorter than my 05(im tall so it kinda matters)

**** I even tried to drag race that bike down my street one time...thing feels like its missing up til 6000 then gets stupid.

I know theres alot of people rocking them and they do good on them. TO ME the bike feels like doo doo.

**Oh also I had stock pipe. Was rocking 3,500-4000 rpms. Thats what another guy around my area rolls his at**I have heard to get the bike to have some *** you have to do full exhaust, intake, Power COmmander**
hrmmmm full exhaust????
Old 03-04-2009, 03:05 AM

servo eh? ****.. it still hookup up? you can disconnect the cable operating the butterfly if ya wanted to.. but might as well leave it hooked up.

weird.

off-topic.. think yous guys just answered a question for me.. i am lookin at an 07 with no title for like 2800.. i was gonna stunt it and track my carb'd older 600, but i'm not diggin a bike with no low end. the F4i's i built and some other stunters seemeed ballsy for 600's, so i think ima just stick wit an F4i build.. maybe a 636 if i can find one.. not sure yet.. i think i'll make the 07 a track bike if i get it.. maybe sell the old skool or make it into somethin cool.

can't really stunt a carburated bike
Old 03-04-2009, 09:26 AM
J Blox

Originally Posted by Ponis
hrmmmm full exhaust????
I believe Kane was mentioning something about it in one of his threads.