need help

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2009, 12:09 AM

Turnin-Heads is a decent person
need help

was wandering if anybody knew of any webcites to help out on changing the oil and all the fluids stuff like that. bought the bike used and didnt get a users manual want to figure out how to do things myself cause its to expensive to have somebody else do it for me thanks
Old 01-15-2009, 12:39 AM

sdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of light
Re: need help

Originally Posted by Turnin-Heads
was wandering if anybody knew of any webcites to help out on changing the oil and all the fluids stuff like that. bought the bike used and didnt get a users manual want to figure out how to do things myself cause its to expensive to have somebody else do it for me thanks
haha dude, ur lucky im drinkin beer and in a good mood or id be flaming ur *** right now.

oil change realllllly simple. take whatever plastics u have in the way of your oil filter off if any, some bikes u can remove it without taking any plastics off. warm your bike up. open the filler cap then put an oil tub under ur bike where the drain plug is, unbolt the drain plug and drain the oil. make sure to lift ur bike up off the side stand so its level to get as much oil out as possible. move it back and forth a bit to get it all. put the drain plug back in and slide the tub under where your oil fliter is. if u have an oil filter wrench thing its very helpful u can pick one up for like 5 dollars at an automotive store or ur local bike shop. take the oil filter off and let that **** drain out. take new oil filter and stick ur finger in some new oil and put it around the edge of the new oil filter and put it on, only really need to put it on as tight as you can turn it with your hand. now fill the oil up to the recomended amount, theres usually a sticker on your bike somewhere that shows you how much goes in. if not the information is online somewhere, most 600s take a about 3.8 quarts with a filter change, dont know how much a 250 takes. fill it to where u think its supposed to be. then start the bike up run it for about 10 mins and recheck the oil level rather it has a dipstick or an oil window idk on 250s but make sure when u check the level its when the bike is upright. get the level right and put the cap back in and put ur **** back together and ur good. remind u that the oil drain bolt doesnt go on very tight i think most are like 12ftlbs of torque with a torque wrench. you can find online manuals by searching google and downloading them to find all your torque specs.
Old 01-15-2009, 01:18 PM

appreciate the help man
Old 01-15-2009, 02:21 PM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by Turnin-Heads
was wandering if anybody knew of any webcites to help out on changing the oil and all the fluids stuff like that. bought the bike used and didnt get a users manual. want to figure out how to do things myself cause its to expensive to have somebody else do it for me. thanks
wondering
websites
too

Good grammar is important on stuntlife
Old 01-15-2009, 08:49 PM

thanks never did very well in school
Old 01-15-2009, 11:09 PM

Longfellow is a decent person

And if you don't have a torque wrench to get the drain plug to specs, just snug it up. Don't he-man the bitch on there.
Old 01-16-2009, 12:09 PM

ok thanks