HELP! f4i Streetfighter!

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2008, 12:47 AM

RedRepsol is a decent person
HELP! f4i Streetfighter!

alright so today after leaving the spot, i noticed my headlight (streetfighter) wasnt on so i pull over to check it out. it just happened to be a loose connection to the light. so after i fixed that, i noticed that all of a sudden it went out again. i thought i accidently hit the switch but when i go to try to start my bike, there was no power at all. i didnt even hear the whiny noise through the fuel pump and no light in my gauges...

so i call my friend to come pick me up with his truck. i get home and plug the battery to the battery tender and still no light or power. i check all the wires, none is loose. i even d/c them and plug them back together. im wondering if two wires touched that werent suppose too or that my tilt sensor is being stupid. i bypassed the tilt sensor and tied it up tight. and i just did a search and it was saying something about the tank touching the frame which doesnt give it power or the fuel pump. but i dont think its the fuel pump because when i jumped started it, it turned on but when the rpm's dropped, it died again. so if its the harness is bad, which harnesses should i change out specifically?? need to know asap so i can get it running before it starts raining this weekend! thanks!

**footnotes
-loose headlight connection (streetfighter)
-wouldnt start after connecting the wire to the light
-checked battery/wires
-still no power
-might be wiring harness??
Old 12-11-2008, 03:52 AM
Eating pie since 81

adam h is a decent person
Re: HELP! f4i Streetfighter!

check the 30amp main fuse first, disconnect your light and try normally, then when you re-connect your light see if it dies agian? this will narrow your problem down.

if it dies without the light connected then you'll have to start looking elsewhere. your tilt sensor shouldnt cut all power at source!!
Old 12-11-2008, 11:45 AM

SAMBO is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah check that 30 amp fuse. If that's blown then the bike won't start. I had a similar problem. I had my 30 amp and my 10 amp tail light fuses blow because of my rigged acerbis.
Old 12-11-2008, 01:31 PM

crashtest 750 has a spectacular aura aboutcrashtest 750 has a spectacular aura aboutcrashtest 750 has a spectacular aura about

Get the wiring straitened out. You have a power wire somewhare touching the frame. I had the same problem. Make shure that the whole harnes is tied up and in good condition.
Old 12-11-2008, 06:38 PM
F*(K Yut Uggh

287ridah is an unknown quantity at this point

check all the wires in the front. I had a loose wire in my ignition which caused my fuel pump not to work. Since you were in the same area Id say something grounding out or a wire came out.