clean air mod problem?? zx6r

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2008, 02:31 AM
Bacons Hot, Need a Spot

cjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud of
clean air mod problem?? zx6r

I did the mod a while back like for the 636, but the 07 doesn't have the vacum lines to plug.
The problem i believe I'm having is the oil is building pressure. Had the valve cover gasket replaced once allready. All was good for awhile now 1st leak at the clutch arm oil seal. then tonite smelt burnt oil, looked n the same V/C leak(warrenty is up so I get to reseat it).
I'm thinking the T either has to be gutted or replaced with a normal hardware store version, their is a wire that goes to it(open/closes?it, the T?) thus my oil problems.
Help me out, opinions, theorys experiences what ever..Thanks
Old 10-27-2008, 02:42 AM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep
Re: clean air mod problem?? zx6r

Originally Posted by cjoec01
I did the mod a while back like for the 636, but the 07 doesn't have the vacum lines to plug.
The problem i believe I'm having is the oil is building pressure. Had the valve cover gasket replaced once allready. All was good for awhile now 1st leak at the clutch arm oil seal. then tonite smelt burnt oil, looked n the same V/C leak(warrenty is up so I get to reseat it).
I'm thinking the T either has to be gutted or replaced with a normal hardware store version, their is a wire that goes to it(open/closes?it, the T?) thus my oil problems.
Help me out, opinions, theorys experiences what ever..Thanks
your pair valve needs to be disabled because it opens and closes when not disabled and that will cause pressure , it will either be vacuum operated or electrically operated , if it is vacuum operated then disconnect the vacuum line and plug it , if electrically operated unplug it ....
Old 10-27-2008, 02:56 AM
Bacons Hot, Need a Spot

cjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud of

As simple as that, unplug it?! I did leave it plugged in. Hopefully the V/C seal is still in place and not popped out, find out tomorrow. Thanks OMR.
My sub is handling like a champ
Old 10-27-2008, 03:04 AM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

As simple as that, unplug it?! I did leave it plugged in. Hopefully the V/C seal is still in place and not popped out, find out tomorrow. Thanks OMR.
My sub is handling like a champ
some people leave it plugged in to fool the computer but they disconnect all the vent hoses from it and replace it with a pvc t fitting , you can do it this way just tuck it out of the way ...
Old 12-02-2008, 04:15 PM

navajowalks is a decent person

whatcha end up doing to fix this? i was wondering the same thing should i just unplug it or replace the whole thing with a T fitting...
Old 12-02-2008, 04:19 PM
also known as OMR

Originally Posted by navajowalks
whatcha end up doing to fix this? i was wondering the same thing should i just unplug it or replace the whole thing with a T fitting...
either way work fine as long as it's unplugged it will flow
Old 12-02-2008, 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by old man roger
some people leave it plugged in to fool the computer but they disconnect all the vent hoses from it and replace it with a pvc t fitting , you can do it this way just tuck it out of the way ...

is there any cons to just unpluging it... whats the computer going to do?
Old 12-02-2008, 04:48 PM
also known as OMR

Originally Posted by navajowalks
is there any cons to just unpluging it... whats the computer going to do?
i have seen a bunch just unplugged and there were no problems
Old 12-02-2008, 05:11 PM
Bacons Hot, Need a Spot

I ended up leaving it plugged in, zip tied out of the way and replaced the T. No more oil leaking out(pushed out by pressure).
Old 12-02-2008, 05:14 PM
also known as OMR

I ended up leaving it plugged in, zip tied out of the way and replaced the T. No more oil leaking out(pushed out by pressure).
that works as long as you replace it with the t fitting
Old 12-02-2008, 05:30 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

Armenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant future

im confused
Old 12-02-2008, 05:35 PM

cool thanks for the reply. going to be working on my bike tonight so i'll finish that part up and move on to the next project
Old 12-02-2008, 05:37 PM
also known as OMR

Originally Posted by Armenian
im confused