03-04 zx6rr 636 question

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2008, 11:58 AM
Uproar Motorsports

suzukisully05 is a decent person
03-04 zx6rr 636 question

just bought a new radiator and mounted it, but when i press the front brakes hard the tire rubs on the bottom of the radiator, i can push it back farther but then its touching the headers with the fan wires and fan brackets. do i have bent forks ? they look straight and the bike tracks straight the neck of the frame looks good too not tucked??!?! is it just supposed to be that tight between the headers and the fan/back of the radiator?
Old 09-25-2008, 11:59 AM
Uproar Motorsports

Re: 03-04 zx6rr 636 question

im also streetfighter now, not full fairing like my default
Old 09-25-2008, 12:00 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

is your bike lowered and do you have the bottom bracket hooked up to the radiator
Old 09-25-2008, 12:04 PM
Uproar Motorsports

stock height, the only bracket i have on the bottom is connected to the fan bracket not to anything else, and the 2 main tabs holding it up top with the horn
Old 09-25-2008, 12:07 PM
Uproar Motorsports

should the fan touch the headers or the fan wires touch the headers at all because i gave the hoses a little slack so that the fan wouldnt rub the headers but i could bring it back a little just wasnt sure about everything getting hot
Old 09-25-2008, 12:10 PM
Uproar Motorsports

oh i see the bracket

http://fiche.ronayers.com/Index.cfm/...p/Radiator(2/2)

is it part number 35063 i dont have that on there
Old 09-25-2008, 12:15 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

you need to make it so the wires don't touch the header and the stock bracket at the bottom isn't really strong enough to keep the radiator from getting ripped apart because the side plastics usually support the bottom of the radiator but if your street fightered you probably don't have the bottom of the radiator supported enough ...

the radiator will get ripped apart just from putting down wheelies so i suggest doing some thing about that before you ruin the radiator
Old 09-25-2008, 12:25 PM

cruzer636 is a decent person

I had that problem with my radiator and fan what I did was went to the hardware store or discount get the big huge zip ties ... The the zip ties from the bottom of your radiator up and run the top part in that little gap between your gas tank and frame do both sides left and right ... Zip tie it real tight that thing won't move at all don't worry about tha tabs ..... Oh yeah don't let the wires get burnt at all because then your fan won't work keep the wires away from the headers buy zip tien it with a little zip tie to somthin high away from the header ... And buy doing this it may look like your bike is smoking but not to worry its just your fan touchin the header long as the wire don't touch you should be fine ... It will only burn a lil bit from the back of the fan but after that it'll create space between your fan and the header ... Then your be alright
Old 09-25-2008, 12:25 PM
Uproar Motorsports

the sharkskinz i have doesnt have any mounting points on the lower to hook up to the radiator so i'll just drill 2 holes, i was waiting until i got a stunt stay to go back to FF, but if i use the stock stay and ram air duct will my flipped clipons have interference issues? my triple isnt flipped just the clipons switched and flipped upside down.
Old 09-25-2008, 12:26 PM
Uproar Motorsports

i see i see i have zip ties with me at work too
Old 09-25-2008, 12:29 PM
also known as OMR

Originally Posted by suzukisully05
the sharkskinz i have doesnt have any mounting points on the lower to hook up to the radiator so i'll just drill 2 holes, i was waiting until i got a stunt stay to go back to FF, but if i use the stock stay and ram air duct will my flipped clipons have interference issues? my triple isnt flipped just the clipons switched and flipped upside down.
if you use the stock ram air tube it will crack and then the weight of the plastics will also be pulling down on your radiator ..
Old 09-25-2008, 12:33 PM
Uproar Motorsports

do you make a fairing stay? if not who do you recommend johhny p or naarden i get paid tomorrow
Old 09-25-2008, 12:35 PM
also known as OMR

do you make a fairing stay? if not who do you recommend johhny p or naarden i get paid tomorrow
either will work , see who you can get hold of ...
Old 09-25-2008, 12:36 PM
also known as OMR

i only make stays if i have the bike here and i doubt you want to drive 2and a half hours for a stay
Old 09-25-2008, 12:37 PM
also known as OMR

i think ***** [durty636]deals with naardeen if you can't get a hold of him personally
Old 09-25-2008, 12:41 PM
Uproar Motorsports

dont we have the same bike?
Old 09-25-2008, 12:43 PM
also known as OMR

dont we have the same bike?
yes but i doubt the set up is the same and my head light has two tabs missing off of the top so i made my stay to work like that and my wind screen isn't cut ..there are just too many variables
Old 09-25-2008, 12:55 PM
Uproar Motorsports

mines exactly the same headlight is missing two tabs up top and windscreen isnt cut, how much would it take to get one from you