stupid gsxr wont idle worth a crap??

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2008, 08:04 PM
Mr. Sexy! AdrenalineBoyz

AdrenalineBoyz is a decent person
stupid gsxr wont idle worth a crap??

I am a big gsxr fan, but lately ive been thinking about becoming a conformist and switching to a 636. but in the meanwhile any words of advise would kick nuts!!
Old 09-22-2008, 08:09 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep
Re: stupid gsxr wont idle worth a crap??

do you have an after market idle cable installed between the two center throttle bodies ?
Old 09-22-2008, 08:31 PM
hunts and stunts

jstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to behold

OK, now your'e just saying that to make yourself look cool......
Old 09-22-2008, 08:40 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

i don't need to make myself look cool , i am cool .....in an old guy kinda way
Old 09-22-2008, 11:59 PM
hunts and stunts

jstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to behold

if by "cool" you mean chocked full of crusty knowledge.. then yep! You are one cool mo fo! LOL

you are conductor of the cool train express....

you were convicted of coolness and are now currently sitting on cool row....

you are warming up bench cool in the world series of coolness...

and also you are the captain of cooltown where you reign supreme...

OK
that's all I got cool guy.
don't ask... I'm in a silly mood!
Old 09-23-2008, 12:07 AM
also known as OMR

lol .
Old 09-23-2008, 12:23 AM

sdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by old man roger
do you have an after market idle cable installed between the two center throttle bodies ?
omr i am shocked with your wealth of knowledge u should know that the idle screw is on the left side (when sitting on bike) of the throttle bodies right where the throttle cables connect on the gsxr.
Old 09-23-2008, 12:26 AM
also known as OMR

Originally Posted by sdfkillz
omr i am shocked with your wealth of knowledge u should know that the idle screw is on the left side (when sitting on bike) of the throttle bodies right where the throttle cables connect on the gsxr.
i thought certain years needed a second cable in the same place as the f4i
Old 09-23-2008, 12:41 AM
hunts and stunts

i thought certain years needed a second cable in the same place as the f4i

AAAAAAAAAAhhem!!

excuse me?

what now?

this is so funny when I think about that other thread man....

I heart stuntlife and OMR!!
Old 09-23-2008, 12:44 AM
also known as OMR

Originally Posted by jstuntlocke
AAAAAAAAAAhhem!!

excuse me?

what now?

this is so funny when I think about that other thread man....

I heart stuntlife and OMR!!
don't get too excited he may be talking about the position of the stock cable not the second cable
Old 09-23-2008, 12:53 AM
hunts and stunts

don't get too excited he may be talking about the position of the stock cable not the second cable

no, no not that way bro.. just that I'm not alone was all I was getting at!! LOL
I knew I was at least told the same thing he said back when I was doin set up on that bike...
Old 09-23-2008, 01:00 AM
also known as OMR

the position of the idle cable isn't really the point im trying to make any way.. the point im trying to make is the stock idle adjuster on some gsxr's doesn't open the throttle bodies like the throttle does so you need to add the second cable for the idle to be turned up in the same way the throttle does or you are just richening up the bike and it won't pull as hard on idle as if you have the second cable ...know what im saying ?
Old 09-23-2008, 01:02 AM
also known as OMR

adding the second cable will act just like turning the throttle and the stock idle adjustment doesn't
Old 09-23-2008, 01:11 AM
hunts and stunts

mine pulled like a freight train... but I got a PCUIII on it also..... I dunno. I want it to be right and I will have that bike going soon enough, so I still will check it out like I said when I tear back into it.

I have that much confidence in you that I won't forget what you tell me ever about something like this that's for sure..... it's all good. I mean that's why we all were told to do it to the F4i's, so it makes perfect sense.....
Old 09-23-2008, 01:14 AM
also known as OMR

Originally Posted by jstuntlocke
mine pulled like a freight train... but I got a PCUIII on it also..... I dunno. I want it to be right and I will have that bike going soon enough, so I still will check it out like I said when I tear back into it.

I have that much confidence in you that I won't forget what you tell me ever about something like this that's for sure..... it's all good. I mean that's why we all were told to do it to the F4i's, so it makes perfect sense.....
my buddy used to ride an 05 and he had the second cable and i was riding an 07 a couple weeks ago that didn't have the second cable and when i turned up the idle it was all over the place up and down so i bet the second cable will help
Old 09-23-2008, 01:25 AM
hunts and stunts

my buddy used to ride an 05 and he had the second cable and i was riding an 07 a couple weeks ago that didn't have the second cable and when i turned up the idle it was all over the place up and down so i bet the second cable will help
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Imma try anyways. =]
Old 09-23-2008, 07:28 AM

sdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of light

04+ only have one place to put an idle cable. the place i mentioned before i circled in red. that little screw you take out and put in an idle cable. i had to do it for my 04 750 and ive put 2 in for friends on an 06 and an 07. 03 and previous year gsxr's im not too sure about, i know they came with an idle cable but not sure if it went to an f4i like wax unit or direct to the throttle body like the later years.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	CIMG5169.JPG
Views:	41
Size:	79.6 KB
ID:	214346  
Old 09-23-2008, 07:38 AM
also known as OMR

ok so they do need the second cable though ?
Old 09-23-2008, 07:42 AM
Demented Freestyle

~Aaron~ is a decent person

i stunted a 04 gsxr 600 & all it did was break sub frames & i sold that peace & got a 03 636 & im better than the ppl that tought me how to stunt you wouldent be sorry dude kick the gsxr to the curb my idle would never stay the same
Old 09-23-2008, 07:46 AM
also known as OMR

the point im trying to make here is with a second cable the idle should be better and consistent

Quick Reply: stupid gsxr wont idle worth a crap??