stupid gsxr wont idle worth a crap??

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2008, 10:51 AM

sdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of light
Re: stupid gsxr wont idle worth a crap??

Originally Posted by old man roger
the point im trying to make here is with a second cable the idle should be better and consistent
no its not a 2nd idle cable. the gsxr's from 04 and up dont come with an idle cable at all. they only have an idle screw, which you have to replace with a cabled screw in order to be able to adjust the idle without using a screw driver. so once you put in the cable you will only have one idle adjust, where as before you didnt have a way to adjust the idle at all unless you took the tank up to access that screw. and the idle is still garbage.
Old 09-23-2008, 03:19 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by sdfkillz
no its not a 2nd idle cable. the gsxr's from 04 and up dont come with an idle cable at all. they only have an idle screw, which you have to replace with a cabled screw in order to be able to adjust the idle without using a screw driver. so once you put in the cable you will only have one idle adjust, where as before you didnt have a way to adjust the idle at all unless you took the tank up to access that screw. and the idle is still garbage.
your just trying to argue now if you put the idle cable where you have the red circle your idle will be better then if you use the stock idle adjustment , go back and read this whole thread all at once and i think you will understand what im saying ....and the 07 i rode the other day had a **** that i believe was a factory idle setting
Old 09-23-2008, 03:22 PM

sdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of light

your just trying to argue now if you put the idle cable where you have the red circle your idle will be better then if you use the stock idle adjustment , go back and read this whole thread all at once and i think you will understand what im saying ....and the 07 i rode the other day had a **** that i believe was a factory idle setting
haha omr ilu i dont wanna fight. what im tryin to tell you is that screw where the red circle is the only adjuster on the bike. theres no place to put one in the middle like on the hondas. 04+ def doesnt come with a stock cable adjuster, just that screw on the side of the tb's that you have to take out and put a cable adjuster in. i had to on my 04 750 and i did my best friends 06 600 and another buddies 07 600.

http://fiche.ronayers.com/Index.cfm/...THROTTLE_BODY_

num 2 and 3 is the stock idle screw that you have to take out and put a cable type screw in

Last edited by sdfkillz; 09-23-2008 at 03:25 PM.
Old 09-23-2008, 03:35 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

that does look like the **** i was talking about on the 07 and from the parts finder you posted and the picture you posted it does look like it would open the throttle bodies just like the throttle but the way it idled didn't feel like it was opening the throttle bodies the same way the throttle would ....i wish i had the bike here
Old 09-23-2008, 03:39 PM

that does look like the **** i was talking about on the 07 and from the parts finder you posted and the picture you posted it does look like it would open the throttle bodies just like the throttle but the way it idled didn't feel like it was opening the throttle bodies the same way the throttle would ....i wish i had the bike here
yah it pushes into where the throttle cables connect so it def opens the tb's like the throttle does. that **** u cant reach with your fingers with the tank on, u can just barely touch it. before i put my cable on i had to use a flat head screw driver to turn it. and yah the gsxr's in my experience just idle like ****, very inconsistant.
Old 09-23-2008, 03:48 PM
also known as OMR

Originally Posted by sdfkillz
yah it pushes into where the throttle cables connect so it def opens the tb's like the throttle does. that **** u cant reach with your fingers with the tank on, u can just barely touch it. before i put my cable on i had to use a flat head screw driver to turn it. and yah the gsxr's in my experience just idle like ****, very inconsistant.
the one i rode the other day i could reach even with my gloves on but it didn't have any plastics on it
Old 09-24-2008, 09:20 AM
hunts and stunts

jstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to behold

whoa whoa whoa... wait a minute here... let's talk about the really important stuff..... LIke....

YOU had an 07 600 there and you didn't make a subcage jig for it!?

what is the matter with you man!?