scotts damper , broken pin

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2008, 03:02 AM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep
scotts damper , broken pin

so i went to do a stoppie the other night at the top of third and got a nasty head shake with my damper turned all the way up i took the damper off and noticed i had sheered the pin that holds the arm in place on the bottom of the damper so my damper wasn't doing **** ...

i repaired it by taping the remaining part of the pin out and replacing it with a drill bit , i cut the cutting part of the drill bit off and just used the smooth part as a pin...

i didn't feel like ordering one from scotts and having to wait so i just went through my drill bit index and found one that was a little tight and before i cut it i put the drill bit in my drill press upside down and used some emery cloth on it while the drill press was on high speed , only took about two minutes to sand it down to the perfect size ...

p.s not a regular drill bit set but an indexed set because they are indexed in smaller increments then a regular set so i could find one that was almost perfect , i don't think you will find a perfect fit in a regular set but an indexed set will have the size you need if you ever have the same problem and don't want to wait
Old 09-21-2008, 03:05 AM
Group Moderator

StrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for rep
Re: scotts damper , broken pin

look out... OMR steering stabilizers coming soon! lol
Old 09-21-2008, 03:11 AM
WWW.Sickinnovations.com

Suicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to behold

i have some extra pins
Old 09-21-2008, 03:14 AM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by DURTY-636
i have some extra pins
well if my drill bit brakes i'll take one
Old 09-22-2008, 07:28 PM
also known as OMR

how the hell did this pin break any way ? i always turn my damper off unless im doing stoppies ....

only thing i can think of is doing 180's which i suck at ...lol
Old 09-22-2008, 07:32 PM

Standupnfall is a decent person

I have a spare one, want gold or silver?
Pm adresss Ill throw it in the mail Asap
Old 09-22-2008, 07:36 PM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by old man roger
how the hell did this pin break any way ? i always turn my damper off unless im doing stoppies ....

only thing i can think of is doing 180's which i suck at ...lol
That damper you have has a LOTTTT of years of abuse.

That was Emrocks original steering damper on his F4i.. and then I had it for a year after that.. And then that other dude.. and THEN you.

It's gotta be a solid 6 years old
Old 09-22-2008, 07:43 PM
also known as OMR

Originally Posted by Standupnfall
I have a spare one, want gold or silver?
Pm adresss Ill throw it in the mail Asap
thanks man i appreciate but i think the drill bit will work but if it doesn't i'll be hitting you up ...lol

Originally Posted by nags
That damper you have has a LOTTTT of years of abuse.

That was Emrocks original steering damper on his F4i.. and then I had it for a year after that.. And then that other dude.. and THEN you.

It's gotta be a solid 6 years old
aahh ok