Idle knob

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2008, 06:02 PM
Super Glue It!

LanceR. is a decent person
Idle ****

Anyone know where I can find a idle **** for a 2006 gsxr 600. I need it to easily adjust my idle. The newer bikes obviously don't come with them so will someone point me in the right direction on where i can get one from that will thread into my cable
Old 09-21-2008, 12:55 PM
hunts and stunts

jstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to behold
Re: Idle ****

Originally Posted by Xtreme Rider
Anyone know where I can find a idle **** for a 2006 gsxr 600. I need it to easily adjust my idle. The newer bikes obviously don't come with them so will someone point me in the right direction on where i can get one from that will thread into my cable
I turn mine up by reaching through the left side of the bike and grabbin the idle adjust or whatever thing and doin it just like that.... It works fine, but is a little hard with gloves on until you get used to it.....
Old 09-21-2008, 01:34 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

add an s rad cable where the idle set screw is in between the two center throttle bodies it is just like turning the throttle not just riching the mixture like the stock adjustment
Old 09-21-2008, 03:54 PM
Super Glue It!

thanks guys
Old 09-21-2008, 07:12 PM
Super Glue It!

Wow for some reason i didnt even think there was a idle **** on this bike but looks like there is, I still need a cable and an idle screw from an older gsxr so i can have it hanging out my fairing so its easy to reach
Old 09-21-2008, 07:17 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

im pretty sure the stock idle adjuster just richens the mixture and by adding the second cable where i said that cable will turn up the idle just like your throttle not just richening up the mixture
Old 09-21-2008, 07:57 PM
hunts and stunts

jstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to behold

I'm not sure either Roger, but I'm pretty sure my bike doesn't have that on it like my F4i does..... I think guys just swap those little posts out and put longer cables on from older model gix's.. at least that's what I was told about an 05 from a local OG.... haha
Old 09-21-2008, 08:02 PM
also known as OMR

Originally Posted by old man roger
add an s rad cable where the idle set screw is in between the two center throttle bodies it is just like turning the throttle not just riching the mixture like the stock adjustment
Originally Posted by jstuntlocke
I'm not sure either Roger, but I'm pretty sure my bike doesn't have that on it like my F4i does..... I think guys just swap those little posts out and put longer cables on from older model gix's.. at least that's what I was told about an 05 from a local OG.... haha
Old 09-21-2008, 08:14 PM
hunts and stunts

huh?

Are you saying then that the spot on the side of my K6 where the stock idle adjust is, is the same spot where I screwed in my 2nd idle mod cable on the F4cheesy?

I thought they didn't have that.... the stock one has always worked for me, but I just jump started that thing yesterday and realized how much I miss it too
Old 09-21-2008, 08:36 PM
also known as OMR

Originally Posted by jstuntlocke
huh?

Are you saying then that the spot on the side of my K6 where the stock idle adjust is, is the same spot where I screwed in my 2nd idle mod cable on the F4cheesy?

I thought they didn't have that.... the stock one has always worked for me, but I just jump started that thing yesterday and realized how much I miss it too
no thats not what im saying ..read my post , the new cable goes in between the two center throttle bodies where the stock idle set screw is
Old 09-21-2008, 08:59 PM
Super Glue It!

What would happen if i kept using the idle **** that is on my bike now? It turns the idle up so I dont think it would do any damage. Are you sure it just changes the mixture?
Old 09-21-2008, 09:10 PM
also known as OMR

Originally Posted by Xtreme Rider
What would happen if i kept using the idle **** that is on my bike now? It turns the idle up so I dont think it would do any damage. Are you sure it just changes the mixture?
im not sure it changes the mixture but i think it does , if it didn't i wouldn't think every one would add the second cable ...

i was riding an 07 the other night and the stock adjustment made idle inconsistent when i turned it up ....

the second cable opens the throttle bodies just like the throttle
Old 09-21-2008, 09:15 PM
Super Glue It!

well they might just *** the cable to make it easier to reach while riding. I am going to try and do some more research on it I guess, if you guys find anything out let me know
Old 09-21-2008, 09:15 PM
hunts and stunts

I did read your post.... I thought the adjuster that I was turning on the side of my bike WAS the "idle set screw".
I didn't know I was doin it wrong... and that actually means that I was told wrong too.
good to know...
I'll have to take a look at that when I start tearing back into the bike again I guess, and run another idle mod like on the honda too then.

You are such a sage Roger...
Old 09-21-2008, 09:35 PM
also known as OMR

sage the color or sage as in sage advice ....lol
Old 09-21-2008, 09:37 PM
hunts and stunts

No, the bush.....