How many of you use Lucas in your oil?

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2008, 03:38 PM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep
How many of you use Lucas in your oil?

About to change the oil on my F4i an usually use 3qt of regular Motul 5100 and a quart of Lucas.

Was just wondering who all uses Lucas these days? I'm always suprised by how few people actually do use it. Seems for what we're doing, it'd be the ****
Old 08-02-2008, 03:53 PM

bornreadybc is a jewel in the roughbornreadybc is a jewel in the roughbornreadybc is a jewel in the roughbornreadybc is a jewel in the rough
Re: How many of you use Lucas in your oil?

i know tony told me to use a quart of that too

but why?
Old 08-02-2008, 04:23 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

I've read a few articles that lucas causes your oil to foam, trapping air in it and causing your oil to not lube as good

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/images/lucas/lucas.htm

Of course, the only thing I don't like about this guys test, is he used two completely different oils, and added stabilizer to one and not the other.. HE should have used the SAME oil in both tests, with stabilizer in one..

I personally don't use it, I just toss rotella semi synthetic in my bike and roll with it.. 30k miles and rev limiter daily

edit: doh, are you talking about lucas oil, or lucas oil stabilizer?
Old 08-02-2008, 04:40 PM

Standupnfall is a decent person

Honda for Honda.
Old 08-02-2008, 04:45 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Standupnfall
Honda for Honda.
honda oil = over priced dino oil

Although recently I heard they switched to full synthetic, and it's supposed to be 'great stuff'. But that was from a honda employee's mouth lol
Old 08-02-2008, 04:53 PM

Standupnfall is a decent person

$25 cash for Honda 10w40 oil and Honda filter, works for me
Old 08-02-2008, 04:58 PM

bornreadybc is a jewel in the roughbornreadybc is a jewel in the roughbornreadybc is a jewel in the roughbornreadybc is a jewel in the rough

i use 20w-50
Old 08-02-2008, 05:05 PM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by Towlieee
I've read a few articles that lucas causes your oil to foam, trapping air in it and causing your oil to not lube as good

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/images/lucas/lucas.htm

Of course, the only thing I don't like about this guys test, is he used two completely different oils, and added stabilizer to one and not the other.. HE should have used the SAME oil in both tests, with stabilizer in one..

I personally don't use it, I just toss rotella semi synthetic in my bike and roll with it.. 30k miles and rev limiter daily

edit: doh, are you talking about lucas oil, or lucas oil stabilizer?
Yea, the thick *** stabilizer ****
Old 08-02-2008, 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by Standupnfall
$25 cash for Honda 10w40 oil and Honda filter, works for me
You do realize honda oil isn't anything special right? Honda pays whoever bids the cheapest say million gallons of oil, then they put a honda badge on it, and sell it for $5 a quart..

If your gonna spend $5 a quart, might as well get full synthetic!

edit: do note im talking about honda oil in the black bottle... not the new stuff, I don't know **** about it

I personally run rotella (not because I think its some super great oil, because its dirt cheap, and people run it in $500,000 equipment)
with a $2.50 super tech filter lol

Last edited by Towlieee; 08-02-2008 at 05:11 PM.
Old 08-02-2008, 06:03 PM
AZ's Finest!

*Tanus* will become famous soon enough

I use to run that in my mustang and it made the oil pressure much more consistant, but I heard it makes clutchs slip on motorcycles. How long have you been running it?If you've been using it for a whille with no ill effects I think I might try it in mine.
Old 08-02-2008, 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by *Tanus*
I use to run that in my mustang and it made the oil pressure much more consistant, but I heard it makes clutchs slip on motorcycles. How long have you been running it?If you've been using it for a whille with no ill effects I think I might try it in mine.
A few years now
Old 08-02-2008, 06:04 PM

I think OMR is the on that told me to us it first but I don't remember
Old 08-02-2008, 06:08 PM

Stu-Pac is a decent person

full synthetic amsoil for me!!!! its the shiz
Old 08-02-2008, 06:11 PM

I wouldn't mind tryin' the Amsoil.. I've just always ran the Motul and didn't even think twice about ordering it.
Old 09-21-2008, 09:17 PM

YSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really nice

I was just thinking about syntheic oil today while riding...... I have a 62 on my F4i, it screams on the street. Anyone running a full synthetic that they are happy with? I put Honda in my bike last time I changed it but I cant remember if it was regular or a semi synthetic. When I bought my R1 new in 2000 I put Spectro Gold in for the first oil change and I hated it. The bike didnt shift smooth at all, it would slam into every gear and sometimes I had a hard time getting the bike into neutral when I was stopped. I went to regular spectro and those issues went away. A few people told me that its bad for the clutch to go from synthetic back to regular oil but I didnt seem to have any issues. I still got 13,500 miles out of the stock clutch, I decided to replace it after a night at the drag strip, it still worked good but the metal were a tiny bit warped, the fibers still looked good but I had already bought all the plates so I just put them all in. I switched back to Yamaha oil around 25,000 miles and the bike runs even smoother than with the Spectro.

any other insight on this would be appreciated.
Old 09-21-2008, 09:25 PM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of

Amsoil 10/40
Old 09-21-2008, 09:28 PM

YSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really nice

Originally Posted by -SKETCHY-
Amsoil 10/40
are you running it? how do you like it? does the bike still shift smooth?
Old 09-21-2008, 09:38 PM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by YSRRider
are you running it? how do you like it? does the bike still shift smooth?
My bike shifts great. I like it, it seems it takes awhile to breakdown/change color.
I have never seen foam bubbles in my sight glass either
Old 09-21-2008, 09:40 PM

whats with the " "?

you trying to give me some bogus info?
Old 09-21-2008, 09:42 PM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

Originally Posted by YSRRider
whats with the " "?

you trying to give me some bogus info?
yea, bogus info I run milk & cookies in my bike hahaha

Quick Reply: How many of you use Lucas in your oil?