Is air box mod bad for bike?

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2008, 03:15 AM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep
Re: Is air box mod bad for bike?

it only smokes if you run way too much oil or you have a twelve bar that is really short and you leave it there for a long time ..i fill mine to just below the top of the sight glass on my 03 636
Old 06-28-2008, 03:35 AM

TL MILLER is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by old man roger
it only smokes if you run way too much oil or you have a twelve bar that is really short and you leave it there for a long time ..i fill mine to just below the top of the sight glass on my 03 636
or if your rocking some high rpm whoolies
Old 06-28-2008, 03:40 AM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by TL MILLER
or if your rocking some high rpm whoolies
still shouldn't smoke if it's not over full and it has the clean air mod
Old 06-28-2008, 04:28 AM

TL MILLER is an unknown quantity at this point

mine will if im running it at high rpm's for a really long distance. im im in the lot its fine
Old 06-28-2008, 05:07 AM
SEAT SPREADER COMBOS

burnoutnut has a spectacular aura aboutburnoutnut has a spectacular aura aboutburnoutnut has a spectacular aura about

fight fight fight
Old 06-29-2008, 09:16 PM

goldenchild is a decent person

my mod works fine, lol
Old 07-01-2008, 09:18 PM

Ringmaster72 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by TL MILLER
mine will if im running it at high rpm's for a really long distance. im im in the lot its fine
+1 if I have a wheelie screamin for an extended period of time, here comes the smoke. As long as the revs are at a reasonable level it has never done it.
Old 07-02-2008, 01:35 AM
also known as OMR

Originally Posted by Ringmaster72
+1 if I have a wheelie screamin for an extended period of time, here comes the smoke. As long as the revs are at a reasonable level it has never done it.
ok , i never really tach out the bike in a long wheelie so i have never had it smoke like that
Old 07-06-2008, 02:13 PM
Group Moderator

GSE Brent is an unknown quantity at this point

the only time it really smokes for me is when i'm running behind it like merk stepping but i'm 5'7 with a round bar so its pretty much like a couple inches off the ground so you think i should run less oil?
Old 07-06-2008, 05:06 PM
also known as OMR

Originally Posted by GSE Brent
the only time it really smokes for me is when i'm running behind it like merk stepping but i'm 5'7 with a round bar so its pretty much like a couple inches off the ground so you think i should run less oil?
i run mine just barely to the top of the site glass but if yours still smokes from there don't sweat it cause as long as you have the clean air mod it aint hurting any thing and eventually it will find it's own level and stop smoking
Old 07-07-2008, 03:17 AM
EXTREME THERAPY

100%_sukkafree is a jewel in the rough100%_sukkafree is a jewel in the rough100%_sukkafree is a jewel in the rough100%_sukkafree is a jewel in the rough

mine never smokes with the mod......but it makes a funny *** noise after I turn it off
Old 07-07-2008, 03:20 AM
also known as OMR

Originally Posted by 100%_sukkafree
mine never smokes with the mod......but it makes a funny *** noise after I turn it off
i have heard a few people say that but i never heard any ones bike do it ...

the only thing i can think of is maybe the hose some people use is collapsing
Old 07-07-2008, 03:23 AM
EXTREME THERAPY

100%_sukkafree is a jewel in the rough100%_sukkafree is a jewel in the rough100%_sukkafree is a jewel in the rough100%_sukkafree is a jewel in the rough

it sounds like pressure is being released in the oil pan or the belly of the engine....Idk......its purdy kool I geuss....
Old 07-07-2008, 06:33 AM
Scrapes Elbow

Wheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to all

Super vacuum.
Old 07-07-2008, 01:40 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

i have heard a few people say that but i never heard any ones bike do it ...

the only thing i can think of is maybe the hose some people use is collapsing
every single bike I've done a clean air mod too does this

when you shut the bike off, you can hear something releasing pressure about 2-5 seconds later

3 f4i's, and 2 600rr's do this
Old 07-07-2008, 02:33 PM

sdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Towlieee
every single bike I've done a clean air mod too does this

when you shut the bike off, you can hear something releasing pressure about 2-5 seconds later

3 f4i's, and 2 600rr's do this
i think it has something to do with the fact that hondas have electronics working the valve and kawis arent. also, those of you who never had smoke comming out of your bike setting it on the bar might be cuz its a honda as well, as theyre breather comes out of the left side where the kawis come out of the back lower of the engine. so hondas normally wont have a problem with hydrolock or oil in the airbox unless its dumped on the left side and the bike doesnt shut off.
Old 07-07-2008, 03:16 PM
also known as OMR

Originally Posted by sdfkillz
i think it has something to do with the fact that hondas have electronics working the valve and kawis arent. also, those of you who never had smoke comming out of your bike setting it on the bar might be cuz its a honda as well, as theyre breather comes out of the left side where the kawis come out of the back lower of the engine. so hondas normally wont have a problem with hydrolock or oil in the airbox unless its dumped on the left side and the bike doesnt shut off.
yes having the vent tube coming out of the side of the valve cover on the f4i is better for bar tricks for sure..

the pair valve should be unplugged when the clean air mod is done so the valve doesn't close that would allow pressure to build in the crankcase
Old 07-07-2008, 03:25 PM

sdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of light

yes having the vent tube coming out of the side of the valve cover on the f4i is better for bar tricks for sure..

the pair valve should be unplugged when the clean air mod is done so the valve doesn't close that would allow pressure to build in the crankcase
i thought it only closed when the bike was off in which case it wouldnt matter cuz theres not pressure being built when its off?
Old 07-07-2008, 03:28 PM
also known as OMR

Originally Posted by sdfkillz
i thought it only closed when the bike was off in which case it wouldnt matter cuz theres not pressure being built when its off?
im pretty sure it opens and closes under engine breaking ...

or hard acceleration i don't remember which maybe both...lol
Old 07-07-2008, 03:40 PM

phxRRkid will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by tryin636
what mod is this i stood my bike up on the 12 bar for like 30 sec and my air box was full of oil sorry im new , i no its probly a dumb question
yeah you need the pair mod bro. oils flowin out the crank case and into the airbox.......