F4I WONT START... help pleaaaaaseeee

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2008, 08:02 PM

bigkapp is a decent person
F4I WONT START... help pleaaaaaseeee

so i been tryin to hook up a hai led strip to my tail light harness.... wasnt happening, so yesterday got a tail harness, still no good... said **** it, and hardwired it to my batt for it to always be on... after putting on the new harness i noticed when turninng the bike on the relays (engine stop, fuel pump relays) that there was a clicking coming from, so i swapped em around with my old harness.. now today got to the spot went to start my bike and no good.. WONT START...... help me please
Old 06-14-2008, 08:10 PM
B.T.M.

crtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to behold
Re: F4I WONT START... help pleaaaaaseeee

check your main fuse. those relays always click, doesn't mean they are bad. and dude.. get a test light.. all you have to do is run a ground and to a hot. That easy. if you need a brakelight, go get a brembo banjo that has 2 wires coming off it, it senses fluid pressure and will activate the tail light. Just check your fuses, something might have grounded.
Old 06-14-2008, 08:14 PM

checked all fuses, they are good.. i know better than that...
Old 06-14-2008, 08:20 PM
B.T.M.

crtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to behold

then why can't you hook up a light? does it crank? fuel pump prime?
Old 06-14-2008, 08:26 PM

its not about the tail light, i ride with or without one... its about the bike starting, nope, no prime no crank... nothing
Old 06-14-2008, 08:30 PM
B.T.M.

check your pink wire by your ignition. CHECK THE MAIN FUSE. The one by the starter selenoid. Make sure the bikes in neutral, check your tip sensor bypass.. I'm sure you have the front harness off right? make sure where you jumped them they are good
Old 06-14-2008, 08:38 PM

main fuse good... yea the tip sensor bypass is good... bike is in nuetral... its something more than that..
Old 06-14-2008, 09:36 PM
B.T.M.

just go over all your wiring, make sure the fuel pump harness isn't burned up. if it was in front of me i could fix it in 10 mins.. hard online
Old 06-14-2008, 09:40 PM

Beto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really nice

if your fuel pump isnt priming check your relays on the right side under the tail.
Old 06-14-2008, 09:50 PM

but it the fuel pump isnt priming, wouldnt it still crank over???? when i push the start button it doesnt even turn over, i get nothing....
Old 06-14-2008, 10:13 PM
B.T.M.

umm.. your kill switch?
Old 06-14-2008, 10:32 PM

kill switch is bypassed so i dont kick it off, maybe i take it apart and check that... But i just dont think its anything like that, being as i havent even rode it, all i did was switch the tail light harness... Would it not crank when i hit the start button, if it was one of the relays on the tail?? fuel pump relay and engine cut relay....
Old 06-14-2008, 10:43 PM
B.T.M.

i suggest putting another f4i ignition on it. see if it starts
Old 06-14-2008, 10:51 PM

Originally Posted by crtchrktrcr
i suggest putting another f4i ignition on it. see if it starts
how would that be from switching a tail light wire harness???? i dont have another ignition which means i gotta buy one... id rather bump start it to ride, damn if that even works
Old 06-14-2008, 10:52 PM
B.T.M.

it won't work if the fuel pump isn't running. Just find a buddy with an f4i, it's just one clip. I don't know why it would do that from a tail light, how would anything get fucked up from that. No logical answer.
Old 06-14-2008, 11:03 PM

Originally Posted by crtchrktrcr
it won't work if the fuel pump isn't running. Just find a buddy with an f4i, it's just one clip. I don't know why it would do that from a tail light, how would anything get fucked up from that. No logical answer.

yea i hear ya on the logical answer ****,,, thats why i was thinkin it was one of the relays, only things i really messed with...
Old 06-14-2008, 11:07 PM
B.T.M.

nah they always click.
Old 06-14-2008, 11:24 PM

cool imma try to bump start it tomorrow, if i that works that will mean its most likely electrical....
Old 06-14-2008, 11:38 PM

Snipes20 is an unknown quantity at this point

You said that the fuel pump relay is just clicking and not making the pump prime... that relay might be fried from switching the harness back and forth... borow one from someone and see if thats it...are your colcks doing their little dance when you turn on the key??
Old 06-14-2008, 11:50 PM

colcks????????? wtf are you talkin bout??? ahahaah

Quick Reply: F4I WONT START... help pleaaaaaseeee