Tips on slowin em down?

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2003, 02:53 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

thewibb is an unknown quantity at this point
Tips on slowin em down?

You all have any advice on slowin down my wheelies? I would like to be able to control them more. I guess I'm askin how to smooth out my throttle input so I can find my balancing point. I want to be able to ride them out slower by just small inputs of throttle? sound feasable? thanks

Curt
Old 06-19-2003, 04:09 PM

PavementEater is an unknown quantity at this point
rear brake. its all about the rear brake. Once you get used to it. you have to steer the bike. That is the hardest thing you'll have to do, but once you get used to it, its not so bad. lean back and use the rear brake at all times. Before you clutch it up put a little pressure on the rear brake.

your bike will start to wobble side to side, if you get sketched out always hit the brake and let it down. But you need to get used to steering. really tough.
Old 06-19-2003, 10:26 PM

usualsuspects is an unknown quantity at this point
nope i just bring it back farther to slow em down. make sure you lean back and don't be chopin the throttle hard. you don't have to rear brake if your not going to be going SLOW like 20mph or some ****
Old 06-19-2003, 10:40 PM

I guess I need to just learn some throttle control. It seems that I am chopping it to keep it up and I know I am damn high. Maybe I don't realize I'm high enuff to use small inputs of throttle?
Old 06-20-2003, 12:03 AM
Is building another f4i

skillz is just really niceskillz is just really niceskillz is just really niceskillz is just really niceskillz is just really nice
Originally posted by thewibb
I guess I need to just learn some throttle control. It seems that I am chopping it to keep it up and I know I am damn high. Maybe I don't realize I'm high enuff to use small inputs of throttle?
if you haven't hit your subframe you still have a ways to go. turning your idle up and using your rear brake should smooth you out considerably.practice practice practice
Old 06-20-2003, 11:44 AM

yambike is an unknown quantity at this point
The Wibb,
Are you asking about slowing down 12s or 2nd gear wheelies?
Old 06-20-2003, 01:31 PM

I'm askin about slowin everything down... from 1st gears' on up. Tips on how to smooth my throttle out, because right now I'm real choppy.

Curt
Old 06-20-2003, 03:28 PM

yambike is an unknown quantity at this point
Being choppy on the throttle will definitly hold you back. You gotta have a smooth pimp hand on the throttle to ride wheelies for any distance.

Start working on clutching it up quickly. Get it up to the balance point right away. Keep working on that until you consistantly get it the same every time. This is the most important part of riding wheelies ( the point where you initially pop it up). When you get that down you'll see that you don't need a lot of throttle to keep it up and you can almost keep your throttle hand locked or just or just making slight throttle adjustments with that smooth pimp hand.
It's all about getting to the balance point right away. Otherwise your chasin' it and picking up speed.
If you get this down in 2nd gear then try 1st gear, and try to start using the brake.
If you're looking to slow it down then you're on the right track. 100 Mph. wheelies are whack, and it hurts more if you fall off at that speed.
Old 06-20-2003, 05:49 PM

That's kewl... I do notice that in second gear once I get it up, it doesn't take much to keep it up, but my problem is just when it feels like i don't need much throttle, I feel it starting to fall... then It's over. I have heard you are @ your balance point when all you see is tank during a wheelie. It seems a lot harder to find the balance point in 1st I assume due to the torque. It feels much smoother in second. And I totally agree with you on slowin it down. Man we've had to many people gettin hurt here on the highways, doin fast stuff. I wish I could find some peeps doin slow stuff, so that I could learn the pimp stuntin I just have no clue where to start. Anyways, if anyone has any other tips on smoothin out my throttle control please feel free to advise my squidly *** Thanks again

Curt