my front end prob.maybe solved...

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2008, 03:38 PM

havok is an unknown quantity at this point
my front end prob.maybe solved...

oook so some of you may know that ive been having front end probs for a while now,,,,and after buying about $250 worth of bearings lower triples neck bearings etc...i think i may have found the prob.....

so i was looking at my other f4i just to do some research,and seemed to have noticed that on my stock minty f4i that the the boomerang shaped brackets that hold the shock on,was nice and tight with no gaps between it...
and on my stunt piece there is a cap about 1/2 inch or more...i know thats got to be the prob....

heres a pic (not mine,just used to show where the gaps are)

now,,,what could be bent...the t bone,the side brackets,the brackets that mount to the motor,or the swingarm....

come on people...whats yer thoughts

Last edited by havok; 04-29-2008 at 03:40 PM.
Old 04-29-2008, 04:05 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep
Re: my front end prob.maybe solved...

first of all what does that have to do with your front end and second if there is a gap then tighten the bolts ..
Old 04-29-2008, 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by old man roger
first of all what does that have to do with your front end and second if there is a gap then tighten the bolts ..
um ok my front end is always kicked alil to the right no matter what ive taking it apart 16 times...and when you go down the road its always the top triple is always to the right(making the clipons un even....and when you turn right instead of the right clipon getting farther away from you...counter stearing...it gets closer....
Old 04-29-2008, 04:13 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

is there play in your swing arm ,side to side ?

because those parts in your first post set the ride hieght they don't really have any thing to do with the alignment of the tires
Old 04-29-2008, 04:19 PM

is there play in your swing arm ,side to side ?

because those parts in your first post set the ride hieght they don't really have any thing to do with the alignment of the tires
ive tried shaking it back and forth but didnt feel any,,,

but if the swingarm or something was bent wouldnt that throw off the bikes alinement..???

my bike rides straight,,if i take my hands off the bike it goes straight,,but any weight toward the right and the bike wants to dip hard,and the clipon turns in really hard...
Old 04-29-2008, 04:36 PM
Scrapes Elbow

Wheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to all

replace your swing arm... they are dirt cheap..
Old 04-29-2008, 04:43 PM
also known as OMR

Originally Posted by havok
ive tried shaking it back and forth but didnt feel any,,,

but if the swingarm or something was bent wouldnt that throw off the bikes alinement..???

my bike rides straight,,if i take my hands off the bike it goes straight,,but any weight toward the right and the bike wants to dip hard,and the clipon turns in really hard...
well yes if your swing arm is bent then the rear tire wouldn't be facing straight ahead and you would have to compensate with the front tire ..

easiest way to tell is have some one ride the bike ,you follow and see if it is dog assing down the road ..

meaning the rear tire will seem to be off to the side instead of right inline with the front tire ,if it is dog assing down the road then some thing is bent either the swingarm or the frame , now remember if there is alot of play side to side in the swing arm that can cause it to dog *** also
Old 04-29-2008, 04:50 PM

well yes if your swing arm is bent then the rear tire wouldn't be facing straight ahead and you would have to compensate with the front tire ..

easiest way to tell is have some one ride the bike ,you follow and see if it is dog assing down the road ..

meaning the rear tire will seem to be off to the side instead of right inline with the front tire ,if it is dog assing down the road then some thing is bent either the swingarm or the frame , now remember if there is alot of play side to side in the swing arm that can cause it to dog *** also
ok cause i tried to make sure that the tire was was straight with the adjusters...and on hondas the marks are never correct..from what ive been told...but to make it straight on the chain they are way off...
Old 04-29-2008, 04:52 PM
also known as OMR

ok cause i tried to make sure that the tire was was straight with the adjusters...and on hondas the marks are never correct..from what ive been told...but to make it straight on the chain they are way off...
i always just look down the top of the chain
Old 04-29-2008, 05:01 PM

i always just look down the top of the chain
i try that to my left eye is 2020 but my right eye is blury as hell so it throws me off
Old 04-29-2008, 05:19 PM
also known as OMR

i try that to my left eye is 2020 but my right eye is blury as hell so it throws me off
close the bad eye...lol
Old 04-29-2008, 05:37 PM

hahahaha,,but ok back to the problem at hand.....
Old 04-29-2008, 06:49 PM

anyone else
Old 04-30-2008, 01:16 AM

YSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really nice

this scenario is often called "dog tracking"...... ever drivin' behind a 72 ford f250 and it looked liked it was driving sideways? apparently dogs like to walk like this! LOL on trucks its usually a bent frame or the rear axel is crooked from trying to rip an ATM machine out of a convenient store. my guess is that you have bad swing arm bushings. this is a common problem with riders that have one ******** that hangs lower than the other.
Old 04-30-2008, 01:25 AM
also known as OMR

my left ones lower ,maybe thats why i do circles to the right more then left..lol